Page 52 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2424849505152 5354555662102 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2009 1:37pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only way to find out is to see what kind of students it turns out. I do know their initial fail rate was fairly high so they must actually be judging something. My question to you would be, what are you judging?

mr. Hobbes

Posted On:
    10/01/2009 9:18pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by willparadigm View Post
    You're going to have to elaborate on that. You either haven't read my post properly or you need to be clearer. You're not making any sense.
    Its hard to learn how to Grapple without practicing against opponents who know how to Grapple, I've sparred agaist people who have trained grappling without sparring, and those who train it without sparring agaist BJJ players, both parties suck, epically, I'm talking eight years of training in Crappling being beaten by a one month white belt, tapped in ten seconds of starting, repetitively...

Basically If you never spar your going to suck, think what if the Guy on the street has watched UFC, and was a Wrestler in Highschool, yea it was ten years ago, but he's gonna kick your Crappling ass.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2009 10:46pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nobody said they aren't going to be sparring at the higher levels, in fact i'd count on it. I've dealt with the guy who was a wrester in highschool and watches the UFC. I beat his ass most every time and yeah some of it is because I've done the work, sparring on the mat. Some of it though, is because I drilled the **** out of everything before I even sparred with it. The fact is you're judging before you have any idea what this process is going to turn out. Time will tell, end of story.

mr. Hobbes

Posted On:
    10/02/2009 12:43am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nobody said they aren't going to be sparring at the higher levels, in fact i'd count on it. I've dealt with the guy who was a wrester in highschool and watches the UFC. I beat his ass most every time and yeah some of it is because I've done the work, sparring on the mat. Some of it though, is because I drilled the **** out of everything before I even sparred with it. The fact is you're judging before you have any idea what this process is going to turn out. Time will tell, end of story.
    Attend some BJJ tournaments like a NAGA event or somthing. (its both a chance to test you skills and really really fun)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2009 6:09am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Been there, done that. Did pretty well for a 45 year old blue belt with arthritis. 'Course, nobody was trying to punch me in the head but the Gracie combatives have solved that problem for me too. That's also been tested a couple times.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    10/02/2009 8:34am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please define "Did pretty well". Which division?
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2009 11:08am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The division was adult men's blue belt and I finished in the top half.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2009 7:48pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    holy sell out, fatman! i just saw a tv ad for the gracie combatives eleventy-zillion disk set selling for the low, low, one-time price of $9.95! yes, that's nine dollars ninety-five cents. who's buying? i didn't get the phone number, but i'ma gon' be lookin' for it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2009 7:52pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think that's just a trial offer. You get like the first disc and then find out if you want to buy the rest. Something like that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2009 8:16pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think that's just a trial offer. You get like the first disc and then find out if you want to buy the rest. Something like that.
    it is a trial offer, but you get all 13 discs.
    Quote Originally Posted by gracie's website
    Offer Details:
    For only a $9.95 trial fee and just $9.95 S&H, we'll send you the complete Gracie Combatives® Collection so that you can review all 36 lessons, the 65-page handbook and the fight chart for 30 days before you decide whether or not you want to keep it.
    now i'm not recommending any such awful thing, but 30 days is an awful lot of time for awful things like copying discs and photocopying handbooks and such, not that i'd commit such an awful violation of their awful copyright.