Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 105 FirstFirst 123 45671353103 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/11/2009 4:21pm

Style: Much striking, SAMBO, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OMG -- you guys really need to register and look at some of the videos. This one:

John Nguyen - Blue Belt Qualification Drill 5: Freestyle Fight Simulation Drill

It just comdey gold. Pure GOLD! -- It's under the Testing Tips and Samples
    ROFLMAO
    Last edited by lionknight; 3/11/2009 4:24pm at .

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    3/11/2009 4:33pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    You know there are TMAers laughing their asses off right now.
    You know Ashida Kim is probably.......

well, never mind.

Posted On:
    3/11/2009 4:36pm

Style: Much striking, SAMBO, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    You know Ashida Kim is probably.......

well, never mind.
    Yeah, but just think how much this is going to help Rudy. :seppuku:

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    3/11/2009 4:40pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now Victor Parlati can study GJJ alongside his CACC! Probably do both at the same time, just set up 2 monitors!

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    3/11/2009 4:49pm

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lionknight View Post
    OMG -- you guys really need to register and look at some of the videos. This one:

ROFLMAO
    "Observe how the bad guy, myself, I'm acting as real as possible. Its very important to help him execute his moves..."

If anything, they should come up with a different colored belt system to distinguish itself from BJJ belts earned the traditional way.

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

The Black Belt Qualification Test

Although you will learn all the techniques required for black belt promotion online, the highest rank you can achieve through Gracie University is four-stripe brown belt. A Gracie Jiu-Jitsu black belt is more than a master of technique – he is an ambassador for the art and a member of the extended Gracie family. Upon earning the fourth stripe on your brown belt, we will invite you to participate in the five-day Black Belt Qualification Test at the Gracie Academy headquarters in Torrance, California. In appreciation of the years of hard work you will have invested into your training, when the time comes, we will allow you to participate in the evaluation at no charge (other than travel and living expenses). During this live evaluation we will test you on all aspects of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu including technique, history, philosophy, and diet (all of which will be available to you through Gracie University). Upon successful completion, we will personally award you your black belt.
    So Black Belt isn't available online and requires attendance at a seminar. This is just FYI.

I haven't read anywhere about the possibility of a person needing a retest if they fail a video test. Or if they would need to pay the fee again want to retest.

Posted On:
    3/11/2009 4:49pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lionknight View Post

ROFLMAO
    So GJJ can say they have kata now huh?
    Watching this I couldn't help but think of Katame no Kata

YouTube - 2007 KODOKAN JUDO KATA INTERNATIONAL TOURNAMENT

Posted On:
    3/11/2009 4:54pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    You know there are TMAers laughing their asses off right now.

I am laughing my ass off.... I think the humor displayed in this thread is well done and comendable. Sometimes shaking one's head and laughing is the best one can do.

Helio's words imo need no embellishments his comments about time limits and "winning" is to me what always was and will be the strength of the Brazilian stuff which has been adapted to the needs of those in that environment. People always forget where they came from though.... thats part of the human condition and it happens to all the arts eventually. Martial arts imitating life.

^ the answer to life

Posted On:
    3/11/2009 4:55pm

Style: bjj/(not enough)MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Skippy
    The Black Belt Qualification Test

Although you will learn all the techniques required for black belt promotion online, the highest rank you can achieve through Gracie University is four-stripe brown belt. A Gracie Jiu-Jitsu black belt is more than a master of technique – he is an ambassador for the art and a member of the extended Gracie family. Upon earning the fourth stripe on your brown belt, we will invite you to participate in the five-day Black Belt Qualification Test at the Gracie Academy headquarters in Torrance, California. In appreciation of the years of hard work you will have invested into your training, when the time comes, we will allow you to participate in the evaluation at no charge (other than travel and living expenses). During this live evaluation we will test you on all aspects of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu including technique, history, philosophy, and diet (all of which will be available to you through Gracie University). Upon successful completion, we will personally award you your black belt.

wtf?? they make sure you're eating correctly before you get a your mail-order black belt? like you have to have so much gracie juice bags/day or else you fail out?
    In summation your argument denotes a lack of intellectual honesty on your part. It is my contention that this matter would best be solved with fisticuffs. I believe I will be victorious in this regard.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    3/11/2009 5:08pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    we will test you on all aspects of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu including technique, history, philosophy, and diet
    LOL Gracie Jeopardy for the Black Belt.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2009 5:33pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by partyboy View Post
    wtf?? they make sure you're eating correctly before you get a your mail-order black belt? like you have to have so much gracie juice bags/day or else you fail out?
    Those Gracie Juice Bags are part of a bigger, multi-level marketing family of products. Don't forget Gracie Skin Care products, Gracie Vegetable Peelers, Gracie brand Stevia, Gracie Collector's Plates, Gracie Panini Sandwiches.... That's just the tip of the Gracie iceberg.
Page 3 of 105 FirstFirst 123 45671353103 ... LastLast