Sponsored Links Spacer Image

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    3/29/2009 11:16am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    I don't have a direct quote to confirm this, but I believe they already had the policy whereby you could register as a higher belt and have it tagged as "unconfirmed" until you had taken all the tests to get to that level.
    Actually, that was in JoeCos' e-mail he posted like 2 above you.

Although your existing belt color will be recognized in the Gracie University Student and Schools database, it will be tagged as “unverified”. Since standards for promotion through Gracie University are unique to the Gracie Academy organization, if you would like to have your rank officially recognized by the Gracie Academy, you will need to demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of the street applicable techniques of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu by passing all the belt qualification tests up to your existing level. And, in recognition of the fact that you may have been promoted by a legitimate source, we invite those who have already achieved rank elsewhere to skip the lessons and go straight to the tests. The process of verifying your rank is discussed in greater detail in the Gracie University Testing Center.

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    3/29/2009 12:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    Actually, that was in JoeCos' e-mail he posted like 2 above you.
    Yeah, but he got that e-mail on Friday. I was saying that I don't think it's a new policy.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    3/29/2009 12:18pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah.
    Sorry.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/29/2009 2:54pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't see what the point is. I mean it isn't like you would be cruising the site looking for people. And they forums are not open so who cares? I was actually hoping the e-mail would be saying that they are going to stop testing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/30/2009 9:50am

Style: ju jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel_tke View Post
    I don't see what the point is. I mean it isn't like you would be cruising the site looking for people. And they forums are not open so who cares? I was actually hoping the e-mail would be saying that they are going to stop testing.

There is no way they are going to stop this, there is money to be made by well intended, uninformed people. As long as they are chasing the almighty dollar, the Ponzi University, oops I mean the Gracie University will be a bane to all legit BJJ instructors.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/30/2009 10:12am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel_tke View Post
    Some people might be looking to see if their instructor or prospective instructor is a "legit" Gracie "insert color" belt. I know where I train the gym claims to be a Carlson Gracie affiliate and so I checked to see if it was legit or not.

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    3/30/2009 2:03pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i'm assuming that purple/brown belts who got their rank through this *ahem* program, will not be getting the pimptastic expert tags if they join up here.
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/30/2009 5:04pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you can get an Internet BJJ Belt tag then you should be able to get a tag for any certification bought over the internet!

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    3/30/2009 5:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you are having problems viewing this message, click below
    http://enews.gracieacademy.com/m/f8e...bU8UHonqq1lvQQ

Gracie Insider
    March 2009

Here’s whats happening on the Inside:
    1. The New Face of the Gracie Academy
    2. GRACIEUNIVERSITY.com
    3. Gracie Combatives – 13 DVDs, 1 Objective
    4. Technique of the Month: Gracie University Navigation
    5. Gracie Academy Level 1 Instructor Certification Course
    6. Military and Law Enforcement Training Dates
    7. Gracie Diet: Incredible Dates
    8. Gracie Mindset: Making Best Friends

The New Face of the Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy

The official Gracie Academy website finally received its long awaited facelift. We completely redesigned the website with the sole objective of making it easier for users to navigate. Listed below are the 6 main sections of the site.

1. The Academy – Access everything from Gracie History, Diet, and Philosophy literature, to loads of archival magazine articles and free videos.

2. Training Programs – Take an in-depth look at each of the unique training programs offered at the Gracie Academy and accredited schools around the world.

3. Certified Training Centers – Access photos, class schedules, and contact information for all accredited Gracie Academy training centers, or, see what it takes to turn your school into a Certified Training Center.

4. Certified Belt Holders – View the complete list of certified Gracie Jiu-Jitsu belt holders, sorted by rank or by school.

5. Gracie News – Stay up to date on all special events, seminars, and instructor certification courses.

6. Gracie Store – Completely redesigned to maximize shopping efficiency.

Please visit www.GracieAcademy.com, and let us know what you think by sending us an email at: info@gracieacademy.com. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

GRACIEUNIVERSITY.com

The Grand Master’s vision was to share the gift of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu with people all over the world. Today, thanks to the global internet, and our revolutionary interactive online learning system, the Grandmaster's legacy continues through GracieUniversity.com.

Registration is free.

Visit Gracie University

Gracie Combatives – 13 DVDs, 1 Objective

Over the years, the Gracie Academy has produced several instructional videos designed to supplement your training at an actual school. The Gracie Combatives DVD collection is the first production that was designed with the sole objective of taking you from no knowledge to “street ready” without ever stepping foot into a martial arts school.

Comprised of 13 DVDs and over 18 hours of instruction, the Gracie Combatives DVD collection is the most comprehensive instructional video series ever released by the Gracie Family. It features every detail of every technique that you must master before we consider you for blue belt. We present all the techniques in the exact same format that you would experience in private lessons at the Gracie Academy. On the 13th DVD of the collection, you will find a complete demonstration of the Blue Belt Qualification Test. If, after several months of dedicated practice, you become extremely proficient in the execution of the five Blue Belt Qualification Drills (BBQDs), we invite you to test for promotion using our revolutionary Video Evaluation Process. Through this process, you will digitally record your performance of the five BBQDs, and then upload the videos to the Internet at www.GracieUniversity.com. Once uploaded, a Gracie Academy instructor will evaluate the videos. If your accuracy, efficiency, and reflexes meet Gracie Academy standards, we will officially promoted you to blue belt!

DVDs or Gracie University? The exact same video lessons that appear in this 13-disc Gracie Combatives collection can be purchased in online video format through GracieUniversity.com. The advantage of having the DVDs is that you can play them anywhere without an internet connection, and the advantage of purchasing the course online is that you can use the interactive features such as “Ask the Gracies,” which allows you to submit specific questions for any techniques with which you are having difficulty, so that Gracie Academy instructors can help you along the way. Fortunately, the DVDs and the online course were priced so low, that if you can’t make up your mind, you will be able to purchase both for less than the cost of one private class here at the Gracie Academy. Regardless of whether you learn online or through the DVDs, you will be able to test for promotion at GracieUniversity.com.

Read more about the Gracie Combatives Instructional DVD Collection.

Technique of the Month: Gracie University Navigation

Although this month’s video won’t teach you one specific technique, it will teach you how to navigate the website that will enable you to learn all of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu from anywhere in the world.

New Video: Gracie University Guided Tour

Gracie Academy Level 1 Instructor Certification Course

There are 4 levels of certification at which a school can be recognized by the Gracie Academy. The first step for any school that is interested in joining the growing network of accredited schools is to have one or more instructors successfully complete the Level 1 Instructor Certification Course. Although we originally intended to have the next Level 1 course in May, we have completely reformatted the course, and as a result, it has been postponed to August 2009.

If you own a martial arts school that is located more than 10 miles from an existing Certified Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Training Center, and would like to receive more information about the August 2009 Level 1 Instructor Certification Course, please click on the link below to submit the online application.

Enrollment Deadline: The deadline for enrollment in the August 2009 Level 1 Instructor Certification Course is April 15, 2009. Due to the new format of the course, if you do not submit your online application on or before this date, you will not be considered for participation.

Apply for the August 2009 Level 1 Instructor Certification Course

Military and Law Enforcement Training Dates

During the 5-day GCMLE (Gracie Combatives for Military and Law Enforcement) course the objective is two-fold. First, to teach the participants the most important Gracie Combatives techniques aimed at preparing them for the worst case scenarios they are likely to encounter while on duty. Second, to teach the participants the intricacies of the unique Gracie teaching method, called Dynamic Reflex Development™, so they can return to their units/departments and effectively pass on the skills they acquire to their colleagues.

You must be of active military or law enforcement status to participate.

5 Day Full Instructor Certification Course Dates:

Beaver, Pennsylvania
    June 22-26, 2009
    Reserve Your Spot

Norfolk, Virginia
    July 20-24, 2009
    Reserve Your Spot

Arlington, Texas
    August 10-14, 2009
    Reserve Your Spot

Torrance, California
    September 21-25, 2009
    Reserve Your Spot

2 Day Instructor Re-certification Dates:

Beaver, Pennsylvania
    June 25-26, 2009
    Reserve Your Spot

Norfolk, Virginia
    July 23-24, 2009
    Reserve Your Spot

Arlington, Texas
    August 13-14, 2009
    Reserve Your Spot

Torrance, California
    September 24-25, 2009
    Reserve Your Spot

Additional Resources:
    List of Attack Scenarios covered during the Gracie Combatives course
    List of Military and Law Enforcement Organizations certified in Gracie Combatives
    Reports of Gracie Combatives Techniques used in the line of duty

Gracie Diet: Incredible Dates

Everyone has a sweet tooth. Being so, people often ask the Gracies if they have “sweet teeth,” and if so, how do they satisfy them without violating the Gracie Diet. The answer to the first question is yes. The answer to the second question is dates. If you’ve ever tried one, you understand. If you haven’t, you’re missing out.

New Video: Incredible Dates

Gracie Mindset: Making Best Friends

A new technique is like a person you just met for the first time. A mastered technique is like your best friend. Through GracieUniversity.com, particularly in the Master Cycle program, our goal is to teach you exactly what you must do to make each technique your “best friend” in the least amount of time possible.

-Rener Gracie

Gracie Academy Quick Links

List of Certified Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Belt Holders
    www.gracieacademy.com/belt_holders.asp
    List of Certified Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Training Centers
    www.gracieacademy.com/training_centers.asp
    View Gracie News Articles
    www.gracieacademy.com/news.asp
    Check out the Gracie Store
    www.gracieacademy.com/store.asp

Gracie Insider Sponsors

ECO ART FROM THE BRAZILIAN RAINFOREST
    Visit: www.amazoniaart.com
    THE OFFICIAL GRACIE ACADEMY BIG ASS FAN
    Visit: www.BigAssFans.com
    FOR ALL YOUR RETAIL & ONLINE MERCHANT SERVICES
    Visit: www.BankCardUSA.com
    DOMAINS, WEB HOSTING AND MORE
    Visit: www.ETriadi.com

Advertise in the Gracie Insider!

If you have a product or service that may be of value to the thousands of Gracie Insiders around the world send us an email at news@gracieacademy.com and we will be glad to help you get the word out!

Keep it real

Would you like to send this email to a friend?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/30/2009 5:22pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Over the years, the Gracie Academy has produced several instructional videos designed to supplement your training at an actual school. The Gracie Combatives DVD collection is the first production that was designed with the sole objective of taking you from no knowledge to “street ready” without ever stepping foot into a martial arts school.
    There it is. Never have to step foot into a martial arts school. This is a bold claim, and I fear it will get someone hurt.

I have been in many street fights. And I know from that experience that no amount of training makes you "street ready". You are never ready. This claim makes me sick.