Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Infidel

Posted On:
    3/10/2009 4:22pm

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Guy shoots self with pistol, weird stance?

Is this guy holding his pistol all fucked up or is it me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=11fcg543Jow

I've seen a girl who thought she was some Toronto gangbanger shoot a pistol kind of like how I think this guy is shooting. Instead of wrapping he roff hand around her other hand she kind of rested the under part of the barrel on the top of her hand which she held halm down open fingered. Kinda like she was using her left hand as a bench.

Anyways, is this guy in the video shooting like that?
    Is there some kind of actual shooting position like this or is it from watching bad television?
    You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/12/2009 1:58am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Greetings.

YouTube - Guy shoots himself with a Glock 18

IMO they are idiots. They have a vertical foregrip on it, which is just epic fail on so many levels.

IMO no, it's not a legitimate way to shoot, even with a foregrip. Something like a Glock 18 should either be shot with a standard pistol grip or with the off hand on the magazine if a stock is attached.

Edit - the video comments have a supposed email from the gun's owner. It is apparently a converted 17c and not an 18. He says the grip is specially made for elite Israeli commandos or some equally stupid bullshit. It's sad that a guy like that can get a FFL.

this accident was complete user error, he basically held the front grip tight and did not hold the gun tight enough when it recoiled he was pushing forward on the grip so hard that it broke off the gun.
    So according to him it's a top of the line, military grade accessory that causes you to shoot yourself if your grip is too tight? Bullshit.

And anyway, strength of a pistol including an automatic is in portability rabblerabble no holsters for that asinine foregrip rabblerabble adding **** like that and you may as well have a true SMG rabblerabble.
    Last edited by Knave; 3/12/2009 2:07am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/12/2009 11:33am

Style: Krav Maga/ Judo noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is some funny ****.

Posted On:
    3/13/2009 3:03am

Style: This and that

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes. This was stupid. One should never put their hand so close to the muzzle of an automatic weapon. There's this phenomenon called "recoil," you see...
    Quote Originally Posted by Knave View Post
    IMO no, it's not a legitimate way to shoot, even with a foregrip. Something like a Glock 18 should either be shot with a standard pistol grip or with the off hand on the magazine if a stock is attached.
    My opinion: something like a Glock 18 should never be fired. I could probably count on one hand the number of weapons that are more impractical.
    I'm not giving you my opinion, I'm telling you how it is.
    Can't decide which evil black rifle to buy? My thoughts.