We respect honest ignorance.

Infidel

Posted On:
    3/10/2009 4:55pm

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 100xobm View Post
    I half expected to be told to **** off for such a retarded question. Much Appreciated.
    It takes balls to ask "stupid questions" sometimes.

I was explaining the range of an assault rifle and machine gun once. A kid put his hand up and asked if after 400 meters the rifle bullets stopped and fell to the ground. Dumb question for anyone who knows about guns but he honestly didn't know so he asked. Everyone else laughed at him, only it was my class and I'm the only one who makes jokes so they go to spend the weekend getting yelled at and marching around like idiots instead of going to the beach.

As long as you're not trolling I don't think anyone in the armory will bust your balls (well to an extent :) ) for asking an honest question. Beats people acting like they know everything, right?
    You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2009 9:59am

Style: Krotty/Crapple/Goonery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark View Post
    On the outside. Inside it's a Ferrari racing a Honda Civic ;)
    I only have experience on the C7 and a little bit of plinking on a buddies AR-15, but I was under the impression that the C7 was pretty similar to a M16A2 performance wise. Is there really that much of a difference?

Infidel

Posted On:
    3/11/2009 1:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by thatrugbyguy View Post
    I only have experience on the C7 and a little bit of plinking on a buddies AR-15, but I was under the impression that the C7 was pretty similar to a M16A2 performance wise. Is there really that much of a difference?
    I remember reading there was a ton of differences on the inside between the two. Dimaco improved a lot of things, I'll do some research and PM you the info or post it here.
    You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it

Posted On:
    3/14/2009 8:23pm

Style: This and that

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by thatrugbyguy View Post
    Unless slower mag changes are a positive, I really can't think of any advantages that the AK setup would have over the AR.
    Speed reloads with an AK aren't much slower if you know how to do them.

The advantage is that the AK setup is much sturdier.
    I'm not giving you my opinion, I'm telling you how it is.
    Can't decide which evil black rifle to buy? My thoughts.

Posted On:
    3/15/2009 10:04am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember reading there was a ton of differences on the inside between the two. Dimaco improved a lot of things, I'll do some research and PM you the info or post it here.
    Since I'm a lefty, the main thing I'd love to see copied from the C7/8 series is the ambidextrous magazine release. Not having that **** slows down my mag changes a bit. Other than that, I can't really think of a single weapon I'd rather have than my SOPMOD II. Besides an AC-130U.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/15/2009 10:30am

Style: Judo (noob) & BJJ (noob)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hmmm, just thought I'd point out, that sometimes when you have old mags, they tend to get stuck inside, so you have to pull on it, and the magazine won't fall as smooth as you want it to.

but with proper training, ducking for cover, changing the mag, and renewing fire, never took more than 3-4 seconds. that's back when I was on top of my game, haven't been at it for a while, so might take me a bit more now.

as for the AK, I hadn't had much experience with it, did have plenty with the Galil, which is the Israeli version of it (not as good in my opinion, shoots 5.56 and not 7.62), the mag change always took me a bit more time, and was less smooth, but I did have a lot more experience with the M16.

maybe I should point out, this was all in the range, as I was a shooting instructor in the IDF for roughly 2.5 years, but from my info, a well trained soldier takes no more time in a real situation...

Infidel

Posted On:
    3/15/2009 2:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
    Since I'm a lefty, the main thing I'd love to see copied from the C7/8 series is the ambidextrous magazine release. Not having that **** slows down my mag changes a bit. Other than that, I can't really think of a single weapon I'd rather have than my SOPMOD II. Besides an AC-130U.
    Hey Cassius,

I actually took lock-tight and put it on the "left handed" magazine release on the C7 and C8 I used. We (right handed shooters) were finding that anytime you rested the rifle across the front of you something sooner or later would press against the mag release just enough so that when you brought the weapon up the mag would hit the ground. Do you ever get that problem with shooting left handed? (hitting the mag release by accident)

[I also took a file to the top of my receiver, my after market scope wouldn't fit so I had to do some carving. Little black magic marker and it's just like new ]

Posted On:
    3/15/2009 3:20pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Cassius,

I actually took lock-tight and put it on the "left handed" magazine release on the C7 and C8 I used. We (right handed shooters) were finding that anytime you rested the rifle across the front of you something sooner or later would press against the mag release just enough so that when you brought the weapon up the mag would hit the ground. Do you ever get that problem with shooting left handed? (hitting the mag release by accident)

[I also took a file to the top of my receiver, my after market scope wouldn't fit so I had to do some carving. Little black magic marker and it's just like new ]
    I haven't run into that issue as of yet, but I've been warned about it before. My kit is set up in a manner that kind of keeps the mag assist from hitting anything, but I'll definitely let you know if I have an issue in the future. Assuming it doesn't get me shot . . .
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12