--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Need help finding a legit school

Hi all bullsido residents I am a noob on this site and am in desperate need of help. I currently know no martial arts, but want to change that desperately. I would like to know an internal martial arts like bagua or some kind of external like hung gar or some sort of shaolin style. I have found schools that offer some but there no where near me. I found one with someone named ian prescott, but i did research and it led me to this site actually and said he was bad news.
    I live in stroudsburg, PA if that helps at all
    Any help is appreciated, THANKS

Style
    nothing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Too bad you do not live closer to Boston.

That is where I teach Baguazhang.

There are some people scattered all over PA but I have no idea if you are wanting to drive a few hours each way for instruction.

Ian Prescott is not what he claims, and he has claimed much in the past. Here is a link to the article I wrote about him and his dishonesty. http://www.bullshido.org/Ian_Prescott

He is a known fraud and cannot demonstrate his high level skills because he does not have any.

Beware him or anyone trained under him who claim to be teachers, they are nothing of the sort.

His ranks are from Ashida Kim.

He bought them from the known ninja fraudmaster, who sells rank to those who would rather buy it then actually learn and earn it.

The last thing he was claiming was being highly trained and skilled in Liu He Ba Fa. But the people he was claiming "taught" him live in the Phillipines and Thailand, and he has NEVER traveled to meet and train with them. They gave him some basic information over emails and explained that he would have to come visit them for real training.

He has never met these people.

Ian seems to be unable to be honest about himself, his background(he is a convicted felon) nor his martial arts training.
    Last edited by Mor Sao; 7/26/2011 3:25pm at .

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow thanks for the quick response. Yea it made a lot of sense what you said, you know him being a master of all of those martial arts at such a young age is ridiculous. But yea I'm willing to drive to learn, but not too far maybe like 30 or 45 minutes. You know with these gas price and such. Thanks again

Style
    nothing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ian is only a master of lies, deception and dishonesty.

He is a sad little man who has nothing to offer anyone.

Style
    xingyi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigft910 View Post
    Hi all bullsido residents I am a noob on this site and am in desperate need of help. I currently know no martial arts, but want to change that desperately. I would like to know an internal martial arts like bagua or some kind of external like hung gar or some sort of shaolin style. I have found schools that offer some but there no where near me. I found one with someone named ian prescott, but i did research and it led me to this site actually and said he was bad news.
    I live in stroudsburg, PA if that helps at all
    Any help is appreciated, THANKS
    What exactly do you want out of Martial Arts? There is so much BS in Kung Fu you have to be very careful.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I mainly want some fulfillment in my life and to learn aspect of a different culture self defense is just a bonus :) thanks

Style
    xingyi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Then you need to stay away from most kung fu. You are only learning a bastardized appropriation of a new culture.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks then what kind of kung fu would you recommend

Style
    Judo noob, injured guy.
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    San Shou/ Sanda seems the most alive (if you don't know what I mean by alive, read some of the stickies around the forums, they are the best) type of kung fu training where its available.