Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2009 7:35am

Style: Judo, Muay Thai, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Throwdown in Oakville(Ontario)!

Hey Everyone!

Buckley Jiu Jitsu would like to invite you all out to the throwdown we are hosting on March 14th at 1:30 PM. This has become an annual March tradition.

Oakville is a nice central location so let's get some bullies from all over! It's an easy drive from brantford,hamilton, burlington, mississiauga, toronto. pretty much anywhere!

Mat Fee will be $10.

Here's the address:
    Buckley Jiu-Jitsu
    1029 Speers Road Unit 9
    Oakville, ON L6L 2X5
    Canada

Here's a google Map that you just need to put your start address in:
    http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&sourc...=16&iwloc=addr

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    3/06/2009 8:18am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    March break weekend?

hmmmm

maybe you could do it after March break?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2009 7:59pm

Style: Judo & BJJ hacker

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *subscribe

I usually have to deal with the kids or the family business on the weekends, but I'll see if I can get an afternoon off.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/07/2009 2:00am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The date is set and has been sent out on several emails so it can't really be changed. I hope you can make it despite the whole march break thing!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/09/2009 8:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Details can be found on the buckley's news page here:
    http://www.buckleymma.ca/news.html

Welterweight

Posted On:
    3/09/2009 8:57pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, BJJ, Judo, MMA and Kids Jiu-Jitsu Style: Boxing, Mom-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - Joe View Post
    March break weekend?

hmmmm

maybe you could do it after March break?
    Heya Goju - sorry, this is our annual St. Paddy's Day fest. You can't have a club named Buckley run by a guy named Patrick and NOT do something Irish!

And in case you aren't on our newsletter list, here is CdnPaddy's take on the real reason we celebrate St, Paddy's Day...

(yes, we're Catholic.)

Finally, it’s March! All great scholarly historians will remember March as the month St. Paddy made famous by getting wasted with his buddies early one morning on a dare. Scriptures tell us that Patrick did then reel into a bar that afternoon and kicked the teeth out of some dude in a bar room brawl after trying to pick up the guy’s girlfriend. Satan saw chance and set his evil minion bouncers upon poor Patrick as he was distracted wetting his own pants in the corner of the pub. They did use his hallowed head to open the door but the Lord God saved Patrick by sending His hallowed police chariot to swoop His chosen one away to the safety of a smelly cot, dirty toilet bowl and three squares a day behind heavenly bars. That legend has inspired a following of pretend Irish posers all over the world who have kept up the spirit of St. Patrick’s teaching by reenacting his brave deeds every March 17th since.

Come my brothers and sisters; let us all honour St. Patrick, the patron saint of Buckley MMA by following in his beloved footsteps…

2nd Annual Buckley MMA Throwdown – Saturday March 14th 1:30 PM - $10
    People from all kinds of different fighting styles, training camps and experience levels have been begging us to come up with more informal ways to brawl but yet do so in a safe and somewhat socially acceptable format. Therefore due to this popular demand, we felt it was time to resurrect our 2nd Annual Throwdown and allow anyone from any style (BJJ, Muay Thai, boxing, whatever) to come to our gym on Saturday March 14th after 1:30 PM and engage in any style of competition fight they wish to have. Rules & sport combat styles will be agreed to by each participant and refereed in a safe fashion (FILA rules for grappling, CASK rules for Muay Thai/kickboxing, etc.) thereby allowing people to gain competitive experience with new partners without the angst of large venues and the associated costs.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/12/2009 8:09pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I live in 'Sauga and would love to come but I don't have a car right now. Ah, next time, then.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/12/2009 9:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    take a city bus! or the go train. or ummm something!