Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    3/14/2009 9:14am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralMcNugget View Post
    And this is what causes me to wonder why isolation exercises cannot be worked in with the compounds. Some people say go for it and others say forget about it
    As I've already stated, this is a martial arts forum, rather than a bodybuilding, powerlifting, strongman, olympic lifting, or general strength training forum. As such, most people are already participating in very demanding physical training, wherein strength training is a SUPPLEMENT to the goals, rather than the goal itself. As such, training volume and exercise selection tends to take an abbreviated approach to facilitate recovery from weight training in order to have optimal performance during sports skill training. If your conditioning training DETRACTS from your ability to perform, it is a poor conditioning program. When faced with this variable, generally isolation lifts are tossed aside because the time and energy spent on them could be better invested.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

is badder than you

Posted On:
    3/14/2009 12:30pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    As I've already stated, this is a martial arts forum, rather than a bodybuilding, powerlifting, strongman, olympic lifting, or general strength training forum.
    Nitpick: Bullshido at large is a MA forum, but the PT forum is, by design, a general strength training forum.

Some will have PT/health/diet questions related to their MA training, however intensive or sporadic their MA training is.

Others will have PT/health/diet questions not related to their MA training, but that may affect their everyday life (and thus may affect their MA training, however intensive or sporadic it may be.)

And there is nothing wrong with that, and in fact it's supported. As long as people are not trying to pass themselves for who they are not, nor making claims that defy reason, empirical evidence and what we currently know by science, they are welcomed.

Which is good, because certain posters here may not be training anything to do with MA for a long, long time.

:psyduck:
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    3/14/2009 12:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My point was more the fact that people asking advice on this forum generally are asking for advice alongside a martial arts training regimine, which is why compounds with no isolations are suggested so much. People are asking why this is the case here, when in other places they've had other answers, and that would be the explanation.

Yes, the PT forum is a sub-forum with a different applicability, but almost everyone on this forum came here because of martial arts. Really, I can't imagine anyone coming to bullshido first to look for answers on general strength training than I can imagine someone going to powerliftingwatch to ask for questions about throwing a jab.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/14/2009 2:15pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah alright I guess that would make sense lmao. I was actually referring to hearing both sides of the argument on this same forum, but I guess I would understand why
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345