Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/06/2009 3:30pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The routine consists of two chest, two back, and one leg exercise every day that I work out. The back exercises include row (sitting and upright), or chinups. The chest is presses, military, bench, incline, or dips.

I'm not worried about looks for awhile. I have to lose weight before arm size would ever be an issue.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2009 4:37pm

Style: Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuss
    ... buy your own?
    They don't appear to come in sizes. Unless I'm searching for the wrong item, I entered "dip belt" into the google, amazon.com, and yahoo shopping. Know of any that accomodate a 29-inch waist without slipping annoyingly and making me walk around like a doofus pinching the plate between my knees to keep the entire apparatus from diving anklewards?

is badder than you

Posted On:
    3/06/2009 9:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillful View Post
    Know of any that accomodate a 29-inch waist without slipping annoyingly and making me walk around like a doofus pinching the plate between my knees to keep the entire apparatus from diving anklewards?
    Nope, sorry. Maybe try e-mailing EliteFTS, Ironmind, New York Barbells, etc.?
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2009 10:20pm

Style: Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's a good suggestion. If you don't know about there being smaller ones, I certainly won't feel like an idiot asking any of those companies.

Although now I'm contemplating making my own out of some chain, carabiners, pipe insulation, and duct tape like I saw on YouTube.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/07/2009 3:08am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If your a bodybuilder, then isolated exercises can come in handy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/07/2009 3:19pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Portillo View Post
    If your a bodybuilder, then isolated exercises can come in handy.
    Why only a bodybuilder? Isolation lifts are an excellent tool when used appropriately for both athletes and those competing in strength sports.

In actuality most bodybuilders focus too heavily on isolation when in fact heavy compounds will build the mass required much more effectively. Many Powerlifters and athletes will suffer from a variety of injuries that require rehab or an increased propensity to certain types of injuries that require prehab, isolation exercises can be excellent in this case.

Posted On:
    3/07/2009 3:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakmongkol View Post
    Why only a bodybuilder? Isolation lifts are an excellent tool when used appropriately for both athletes and those competing in strength sports.

In actuality most bodybuilders focus too heavily on isolation when in fact heavy compounds will build the mass required much more effectively. Many Powerlifters and athletes will suffer from a variety of injuries that require rehab or an increased propensity to certain types of injuries that require prehab, isolation exercises can be excellent in this case.
    I am starting out with exclusively compound exercises. If I find a weakness or have troubles then I will add isolation. For now I am weak all over so I figured there's no need but wanted to check.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/08/2009 12:11am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: freestyle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayvmann View Post
    If you care at all about looks.... You might just want to do some isolated biceps work. I find that after years of doing multijoint stuff, almost exclusively, my arms and calves look pretty whimpy, especially in the context of the rest of my body.

You can just add a couple of sets in every other week, and it will make more difference than you think, while not getting in the way of the big lifts. I wouldn't go nuts with isolation though.
    Your calves and arms look pretty whimpy? Are you doing explosive exercises? Try doing more stuff with dumbbells like 5x5 jump squats, power cleans, and jumping lunges will bulk your calves up. Also like The Russ said chin ups and rows.

With heavy, full body movements It's been along time since I've needed to do any iso. at all (except for rotator cuffs, do not forgot to train them with high rep, light weight).

Posted On:
    3/08/2009 12:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nogicrappler View Post
    (except for rotator cuffs, do not forgot to train them with high rep, light weight).

Example of rotator cuff exercise , please.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    3/08/2009 1:32am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    Example of rotator cuff exercise , please.
    Internal and external rotations.

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...lRotation.html
    http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...lRotation.html

You can do them upright (standing/sitting) with cable or elastic tubing, or on your side with a dumbbell (although internal rotations are tough when you're laying on your arm).
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast