230458 Bullies, 5323 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 2408
Page 150 of 241 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150 151152153154160200 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

The Third Man

Posted On:
    10/10/2010 3:50pm

Style: Isshin-Ryu Karate,JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Backfistmonkey View Post
    How about we introduce him and his fans to basic literacy.
    He needs to also be introduced to reality, a normal sex life, and fresh fruits and vegetables.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    10/10/2010 3:54pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The easy option would be for him to shoot himself.. by accident of course.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

The Third Man

Posted On:
    10/10/2010 3:59pm

Style: Isshin-Ryu Karate,JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Or he can just run ten feet.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    10/10/2010 4:00pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Would that include the crawling distance whilst his heart fails, or would that be extra ?

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    10/10/2010 4:20pm

Style: Gym drifter

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Am I the only one who thinks carrying a sword on your back is the stupidest just stupidest way to carry it?
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBadGuy
    The Dog kid's mom is parked next to me in the parking lot. He runs up and asks me a question. "Hey dude, where did you learn that stuff?"

"That was grappling. Real MMA."

"Where do I go for that?"

I was a little shocked. Sure, he changed sides quickly, but I guess even a dog can realize it has more in common with the wolf than with the shephard.

I give him the names of some BJJ schools in the area, and we go our separate ways.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    10/10/2010 4:26pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That and the fact there is absolutely ZERO historical evidence to support the existance of a straight "ninjato"

That format of weapon was created (and thereafter copied) by Hollywood film makers and no one else.

Ask yourself this question.

When the Japanese began to develop their sword and blade making technologies and techniques from their existing straight edged weapons, why did they move to a curved toshin ?

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    10/10/2010 4:49pm

Style: Aikijujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simio de las Rocas View Post
    Ask yourself this question.

When the Japanese began to develop their sword and blade making technologies and techniques from their existing straight edged weapons, why did they move to a curved toshin ?
    I'll bite, **** it, you know I post without thinking so...

My understanding of the forging method is that when its clay wrapped, and the cutting edge is tempered to a higher hardness, the differential in expansion etc causes the blade to curve, and it was quite a common time of failure, hence machine made gunto being curved already and oil quenched. I assume they were trying to harden the cutting edges, and realised early on they couldnt do both sides, as on a straight blade, so they did one side, got curved blades, and moved forward with that.

The funny thing about nihonto is that everyone thinks of them as being the ultimate in swordmaking, and in some ways they are, but they were also a product of the materials they had, which werent much. They were making swords from sand, so were heavily reliant on using processes to get something usable, and refining those processes to make blade making a repeatable and reliable process. The flip side was that curved blades that were really fucking sharp, worked well with the motion of the shoulders, a straight weapon is better at chopping/bludgeoning than it is slicing, and they didnt have the volume of resources to give a straight weapon the mass it needed, unlike in europe.

So where have i fucked up?

Posted On:
    10/10/2010 4:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll extend that, by saying that given how hard it was to get usable steel for blade making you would if you were a ninjer, be far better off by just stealing swords, than by trying to get the materials and forging them.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    10/10/2010 5:11pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoj View Post
    I'll bite, **** it, you know I post without thinking so...
    LMAO
    My understanding of the forging method is that when its clay wrapped, and the cutting edge is tempered to a higher hardness, the differential in expansion etc causes the blade to curve, and it was quite a common time of failure, hence machine made gunto being curved already and oil quenched. I assume they were trying to harden the cutting edges, and realised early on they couldnt do both sides, as on a straight blade, so they did one side, got curved blades, and moved forward with that.
    The curve (sori) is created because the blade cools at a different rate along the edge (ha) to the back (mune) - one is thicker than the other.

Oil was used to improve the failure rate because in the latter part of the war the quality of the steel being used to mass produce the issued swords was considerably less than ideal, many of those blades were only partially hand forged, later being pressed into shape by machine to improve the speed of manufacture, many of those swords were forged but not folded to any substance hence their quality was reduced.
    The funny thing about nihonto is that everyone thinks of them as being the ultimate in swordmaking,
    That's not really the point of my argument against "ninjato"

If Japanese sword making techniques evolved to create a curved edge which is considerably more robust than a straight edged weapon of similar quality, why would swords smiths make straight edged weapons for ninja ? indeed why would a ninja want to use a blade of inferior performance?

These are of course questions of rhetoric however, I've never found an example of a traditionally constructed forged and folded Ninja-to - contemporary or otherwise. Go figure ?
    So where have i fucked up?
    You hit the post button ? LOL

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    10/10/2010 5:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simio de las Rocas View Post
    If Japanese sword making techniques evolved to create a curved edge which is considerably more robust than a straight edged weapon of similar quality, why would swords smiths make straight edged weapons for ninja ? indeed why would a ninja want to use a blade of inferior performance?
    The ninjer argument is that they were just tools, and didn't need that level of refinement. But given the cost of producing sword steel, its ridiculous. this is a country that during alledged ninjer periods of activity, was taxed to the hilt to provide the money for wars, the peasant farmers had enough trouble feeding themselves, let alone running combat camps in the mountains.

But Sdork et al are delusionals, they dont give a **** about reality, hence all his other vids. He isnt fussy where his delusion comes from, just that he can play a role in that dreamscape.