Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/02/2009 10:43pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ and Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Advice on how to get into MMA stength and conditioning training as a carrer

I have been studying for my NSCA certifation , and I have put some thought into it and I would like to work at a MMA facility. I've always liked to be the best I can be in anything I do , so along with my studies at home I would like to also work under a already practicing trainer. I fell I would get almost like a classroom lab expierience like when med students do their residency.
    My question is how would I go about trying to get some sort of job or apprentiship working under a trainer in a MMA facility? Is this something typical of someone looking to get into this field ? Or what is the best way to enter into training mixed martial artist at an already established gym , so I can learn further and get some expierience under my belt?
    Last edited by superman36369; 3/02/2009 10:46pm at .

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    3/03/2009 2:37am

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm glad to see your going for your certification. In all honesty it's not like MMA training run internships, it's more you either are an instructor at an MMA gym and teach physical fitness to your students or you work as a PT at a gym and train MMA guys. Your best bet is to talk to the people at your school if you got a good relationship and see if they can help you out.

Get some practical experience and read everything you can about the subject

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/03/2009 1:27pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ross Enamait, www.rosstraining.com has great conditioning and strength training info on his site. I have both Infinite Intensity and Never Gymless, I.I. is more geared towards fighters with tons of great info inside. His site might be a good place to check out.