Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    3/03/2009 2:53am

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also the correct term is a super set, doing a set of one exercise then immediately following it with another set of a different exercise

Posted On:
    3/03/2009 3:05am

Style: SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    3 sets to failure is part of the stronglifts routine. It is changed to 3x5 with weight as soon as you can do 10 reps in the first set.

I disagree with jspeedy, don't add in strict arm exercises, you don't need them if you are doing something like 5x5, unless you want to go for hypertrophy, at which point knock yourself out and get curling 3x12. Personally, I wouldn't though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/03/2009 10:41am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeFan View Post
    Also the correct term is a super set, doing a set of one exercise then immediately following it with another set of a different exercise
    I almost expected that one. It's not quite a superset, as the excercises aren't done back to back, but at even intervals. As far as I understood it when the idea was introduced, a pulling excercise with a similar route of motion makes the muscles used in a pushing excercise relax and vice versa, which helps them rest. At least it saves time that way.

As for your previous questions, my main interest in making my own routine was due to the peculiar siutation I have with the weight rooms, and for the fun of making my own program. I think I'll be doing this program for three months. I've been weightlifting for four months, so I'm a bit of a newbie. My goals so far were 1.5xbodyweight squat and deadlift and a 1.25xbw bench.
    Last edited by Hertzyscowicz; 3/03/2009 10:43am at .

Posted On:
    3/03/2009 10:46am

Style: SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you cant already do 1.5xbw squat, or haven't deloaded 3 times on your squat, dont mess with the Stronglifts programme until you can...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12