Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    2/27/2009 9:25am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Odd claim against Mark Tripp's credentials, his response.

Stay with me, I have a point to make.

It has just come to my attention that the general belief elsewhere is that I bought my rank from Phil Porter. This is simply not true, his name is not on my Rokudan papers, and I still hurt when I think of my week at the Spirit of the Eagle camp when I took that test. I am also deeply humbled when I think of it because, due in large part to the silly comments elsewhere, there was infighting over who would sign my promotion papers. It was settled (I knew none of this at the time), when every black belt member of camp signed it, from highest to lowest. Some pretty great names there, and it is an honor I do not feel worth of, even now.

However, I DO accept a great deal of the blame for what happened with Phil Porter. I will make that case right here and now. When it comes to me and my martial art study, nothing less than 100% TRUTH will do.

When I was getting back into teaching full time, after years on the road as a magician/comedian/Hypnotist, etc (which is why you will see the jackasses making fun of promo pictures they find. It's ok, I bagged a great many show girls at that time.) Anyway I began looking into who to join up with.

I knew nothing about Juko-lie (Juko-kai) other than their ads and claims. I had no idea people would lie about this stuff, and I did join up with juko-kai. Thats a story for another time. However, after about a year, I could no longer be with them. I knew they were full of crap. So I left. My Uncle put our entire program in USJA and that was that... or so I thought.

Juko-kai then sued me. Much of this can be found if you search for then Cunningham vs Juko-kai matter. Rod would make that threat to everyone. Mr. Cunningham forced the issue into court and kicked butt.

As I was gathering material for my court case, I sent all the information to USJA. THERE IS MY FAULT IN WHAT WAS TO COME. Phil, in looking over the materials, clearly came to a different conclusion than the rest of us did. He saw it as a wonderful way to make money. He turned USJA into Juko-kai, giving out ranks in anything for two box tops and a check.

My Uncle and I tried to make him listen to reason and stop. He didn't and I then spoke to Ron at great length, and from there the NGB (USJI) insisted Phil step down or USJA would lose its Class A rating.

Phil did, and then started his own group. But I do feel partly to blame for the mess, as I was the one who sent the juko-lie stuff to him.

However, to assert my ranks are not 100% legitimate and in keeping with requirements is simply not true.

Mark Tripp
    Last edited by Mtripp; 2/27/2009 9:34am at .

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    2/27/2009 10:04am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Even if your rank was bought, and I'm sure it isn't, your skill alone speaks volumes.

Posted On:
    2/27/2009 10:05am

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think your skill at Judo negates any controversy involved with your rank. Though some people use rank to inflate ego, there are others that earn it. It isn't that hard to tell who is who.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    2/27/2009 10:11am

supporting member
     Style: Novice Sub Grappler

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why not belt test with Gene, just to settle it.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Posted On:
    2/27/2009 10:22am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Wheel View Post
    Why not belt test with Gene, just to settle it.
    Ummm... been there done that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/27/2009 10:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I never heard of the Juko Kai influence on Phil Porter's behavior before. Interesting. At least no body had to take a baseball bat to the throat to get promoted in the USJA back then.

Posted On:
    2/27/2009 10:38am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Umm... I was at those "Combat KI" camps too.....

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    2/27/2009 10:40am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr Tripp always answers his questions. I don't think at this point he needs to justify anything about his training.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/27/2009 10:48am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey guys, (Not You MTripp), this is a MABS thread. It needs to remain as such. Blatant nutriding (yes 3moose) and other such shenanigans will end up in Trollshido.

I think I understand why this is here and it will be heavily moderated.

Quote Originally Posted by Goju - Joe View Post
    Mr Tripp always answers his questions. I don't think at this point he needs to justify anything about his training.
    This goes double for you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/27/2009 11:02am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    Umm... I was at those "Combat KI" camps too.....
    Really? Did you find value in that stuff? When I took some JJ we had a former Juko Kai BB who did some combat ki with us. Mostly kicks to the legs and rib cage. I would never take a kick to the balls though. And I never understood why one would spend time on getting hit in a static position when they could be drilling throws, locks, blocks or strikes.

Anyway, no offense to you was meant.
Page 1 of 17 1 234511 ... LastLast