Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/28/2009 11:10pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: tai chi, silat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is an interesting idea. I have a farm and tractor tires all over. What do you do with the tire? Hit it with sledgehammer? Do you stand it up or just hit it on the ground? What is the benefit of this exercise wise?

is badder than you

Posted On:
    5/28/2009 11:15pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chiangmaiwolf View Post
    This is an interesting idea. I have a farm and tractor tires all over. What do you do with the tire? Hit it with sledgehammer? Do you stand it up or just hit it on the ground? What is the benefit of this exercise wise?
    I am an advocate of flipping them over repeatedly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/28/2009 11:21pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You could get a tractor tire for free. Perhaps this is just something you can do in rural areas, but I put an ad on craigslist saying "Wanted: Old used tires." In the ad I said I wanted old used tires for free. I received 18 responses, all offering me free tires (mostly it was auto shops getting rid of used car tires, but I did get 1 or 2 ads from farmers wanted to get rid of tractor tires.)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/28/2009 11:59pm

Style: Judo, Wrestling, Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BaronVonDingDong View Post
    I'd like to buy a tractor tire for the gym (fur ze hitting mit de sledgehammer), but being the metrosexual pansy that I am, have no clue where to get one. Do I just look up "Tractor Tire Sales" in the Yellow Pages, or is there a place you can go and get all kinds of used tires cheap?

Also, how much would you expect to pay for a knackered old tire?

(Apologies if this is in the wrong forum)
    Swap meet
    Farm sales
    Find a ranch and ask the owner.
    (My parents have retired on an old ranch in Idaho. I have found 3 old tractor tires on their property. Also found a bunch of center blocks and railroad ties. Had a unique work out none the less :D Also milking goats and cows give you an insae grip)

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 7:36am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you cannot find a tractor tire, at least try to get a large SUV tire (think Hummer). It will be too light to flip, but big enough to go wamm! with ze zledgehamm0r thingie.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 8:57am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fucked tires are worth less than nothing, since they cost money to dispose of. You should be able to get one for free.

Be warned that tires are fucking filthy, and will remain so no matter what you do, so don't go flipping them around in your bestest fight shorts and rash guard.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 12:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze View Post
    Fucked tires are worth less than nothing, since they cost money to dispose of. You should be able to get one for free.

Be warned that tires are fucking filthy, and will remain so no matter what you do, so don't go flipping them around in your bestest fight shorts and rash guard.
    Wait, wait, wait...A tire can be dirty!?! When did this happen!?!

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 12:42pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know it might seem obvious to anyone who has even an ounce of testosterone in their body, but I have seriously seen people who are actually surprised by that fact. Usually on the way to a wedding...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 2:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would try craigslist if I were you. I bet you could find one.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 8:36pm

Style: Grappling & Lifting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got mine off of Craigslist - guy from a farm has them all over and it costs them too much to recycle them, so they use them around the farm for various things and give them away.

I got a +300 lber for $0. Good stuff. Flip it, jump up on it and hit it with a sledge.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12