Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2009 2:50am

Style: S.H.I.T. MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGuido View Post
    This happened to a young guy at a karate point sparring tournament I competed in when I was a teenager. Poor guy took a punch to the chest, fell down, and died shortly thereafter.

It was fairly traumatic, with his mother freaking out and his opponent (also a classmate of his) sobbing over in the corner.

http://www.blackbeltblog.net/blogrep...akfprogram.pdf

Page 21, William Arthur Battin.
    Oh Lawdy+-----> KROTTY FTW??

Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1
    Be careful. I've started to learn _un, and, as we all know, _ung is great for hockey fighting.
    I nominate this for a new YMAS thread...."Hockey fighting: Worth it or Bullshido?"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2009 11:54am

Style: Ex-TKD, Crappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBadGuy View Post
    Is your mouth/nose cemented shut or something? What's keeping the air from exiting?

If you make the mistake of breathing in deeply and then swallowing spit, or anything else for that matter, a quick strong punch would severly increase the air pressure in your lungs while the trachea is not usable for breathing due to the movement of the esophogus. This also defeats any ear-popping arguments, because your throat is sealed and your breath doesn't have a path to your head.

It sounds unlikely. But then again, that's probably why it's so rare.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    2/23/2009 12:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Popping a lung can happen easily: Use a knife to make the strike.

Seriously, has this fucking moron who'll be responsible for people's lives never played with a balloon? Blow one up and start hitting it. You'll see just how ridiculous this whole notion is.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    2/23/2009 12:20pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A friend of mine's lung spontaneously got hooked onto his rib somehow, or something. I don't know, his lung started leaking air, and he almost died.

Doctor called it a spontaneous pleurosis or some such nonsense. I felt terrible, as it was the night after BJJ, and i was knee riding the ever loving **** out of him...

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2009 12:33pm

Style: Wrestling, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch989
    I nominate this for a new YMAS thread...."Hockey fighting: Worth it or Bullshido?"
    I can abide a whole lot, but questioning the awesomeness of hockey fights is too much. There can be no dispute over whether or not Tie Domi was a badass.
    Last edited by TheLordHumungus; 2/23/2009 12:35pm at .

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    2/23/2009 12:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1 View Post
    A friend of mine's lung spontaneously got hooked onto his rib somehow, or something. I don't know, his lung started leaking air, and he almost died.

Doctor called it a spontaneous pleurosis or some such nonsense. I felt terrible, as it was the night after BJJ, and i was knee riding the ever loving **** out of him...

I really need to stop paying attention to thread in which you post. That way, when you post something stupid, I won't have a need to correct you.

Pleurosis is caused by infection. It's also has nothing to do with the scenario outlined by The Question. So, unless you infected him, you didn't cause it.

Since The Question is in med school, I suspect he already knows what what it is he describes. It's called traumatic pneumothorax. It doesn't happen on its own by getting hit... unless you are talking about getting beaten with a baseball bat.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    2/23/2009 12:57pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch989 View Post
    Bullshido.

Slipping coal into stockings with a little sumptin for mom.

Posted On:
    2/23/2009 12:59pm

Style: Rehab Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan View Post
    Since The Question is in med school, I suspect he already knows what what it is he describes. It's called traumatic pneumothorax. It doesn't happen on its own by getting hit... unless you are talking about getting beaten with a baseball bat.
    According to the so-on-point-and-relevant-that-nobody-bothered-to-read-it case study I posted earlier in the thread, it can. Just rarely.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    2/23/2009 1:01pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan View Post
    I really need to stop paying attention to thread in which you post. That way, when you post something stupid, I won't have a need to correct you.

Pleurosis is caused by infection. It's also has nothing to do with the scenario outlined by The Question. So, unless you infected him, you didn't cause it.

Pneumothorax. Thats it.

I watched House last night, hence the confusion. I mean, its not like I'm in fucking med school or anything, so give me a break.

And I was talking about what happened to my friend, which sounds a lot like what Q-dot described. I'm not sure if the knee-riding had anything to do with it, and i feel alot better because you say it doesn't really happen like that.

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

King of the Impossible

Posted On:
    2/23/2009 1:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Grapplomancer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ttankzero View Post
    If you make the mistake of breathing in deeply and then swallowing spit, or anything else for that matter, a quick strong punch would severly increase the air pressure in your lungs while the trachea is not usable for breathing due to the movement of the esophogus. This also defeats any ear-popping arguments, because your throat is sealed and your breath doesn't have a path to your head.

It sounds unlikely. But then again, that's probably why it's so rare.

Right, but the point was (or at least I think it was) the plausibility of there being a martial arts strike that times an opponent taking a large deep breath and then after sensing him swallowing his spit I decide to punch him as hard as I can in the lung is a tad on the ridiculous side.

But, yea, good show.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast