Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2009 12:06am

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i just recently completed this diet (well, 2.0 version), and all i can say is that it works.
    i stuck to it almost precisely and dropped 15lbs easy.

as was stated earlier, it probably isn't much of an athlete's diet since you have to kinda take it easy for a month, but i still snuck in a class or two a week anyway. XD
    the reduced calories will definitely cause you to gas easy, but that should be expected, yeah?

if you're looking to drop weight, fast. the velocity diet is a good choice. the shakes really do taste good, plus there are a few things you can do to give the shakes variety (cinnamon works very well =] ), although the flax will make you cry. everyone is different though, so...
    anyway, the 2.0 version only had the shakes, surge, hot-rox, and flame-out, so i didn't use the other stuff.

the velocity diet will no-doubt test your will power, and have everyone thinking you're an absolute nut. but hey, it really does work...

is badder than you

Posted On:
    3/01/2009 9:36am

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 'sco View Post
    i stuck to it almost precisely and dropped 15lbs easy
    This Friday night, I weighed in at 13.5 pounds lighter than last Friday night.
    A few weeks ago, I woke up 14.7 pounds lighter than I went to sleep the night before.

Not meaning to be an asshole to you, just trying to make a point in general. Actually, a few different points:

#1: Body weight fluctuates quite a bit from day to day. It fluctuates much more immediately after a dietary change. The steady-state average before and steady-state average after are more trustworthy.

#2: Unless someone is specifically trying to make weight for a sporting event, their goal is not to lose body weight. They might say it is, they might think it is, but nearly always, their goal is to change their body composition by losing body fat.

Them: "I want to lose X pounds."
    Me: "Here's you with X fewer pounds of muscle and the same amount of fat. See how flabby you look?"
    Them: "Ew."
    Me: "Or, to take it a step further, here's you with your arm amputated. You're X pounds lighter. Is that what you want?"

#3: I'm not ruling out the "aggressive sprint" theory, but it has two big question marks hanging over it: how does the rate affect the ratio of muscle loss to fat loss, and is it putting people in a good position long-term?

#4: There may be better options for prolonged-release protein powder. I'm currently investigating it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2009 11:44am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i see what you are saying russ, and you are absolutely right.

then perhaps a better way for me to phrase my results would be to say that before the diet my abs were disappearing and i didn't really need a belt for my pants.
    4 weeks later (3 actually, i just went ahead and "finished" the diet), my abs were back and my waste size down 2 inches. also, my lifts went up in the gym (however i will admit that i was out of the gym for about 6 months.) pics and measurements are way better at revealing results than scale numbers.

anyway, end results is that i was lighter, leaner, and stronger after about 4 weeks.
    i would attribute that as a success.
    plus, the craving changes did occur with me. i really just don't wanna eat as much junk as i did before. maybe it's just better self-control. whatever, i try not to get too scientific with it... XP

is badder than you

Posted On:
    3/01/2009 11:59am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 'sco View Post
    i see what you are saying russ, and you are absolutely right.

then perhaps a better way for me to phrase my results would be to say that before the diet my abs were disappearing and i didn't really need a belt for my pants.
    4 weeks later (3 actually, i just went ahead and "finished" the diet), my abs were back and my waste size down 2 inches. also, my lifts went up in the gym (however i will admit that i was out of the gym for about 6 months.) pics and measurements are way better at revealing results than scale numbers.

anyway, end results is that i was lighter, leaner, and stronger after about 4 weeks.
    i would attribute that as a success.
    plus, the craving changes did occur with me. i really just don't wanna eat as much junk as i did before. maybe it's just better self-control. whatever, i try not to get too scientific with it... XP
    Sounds good. Keep track of how things go for the next few months, and let us know how things hold up.

Also, speaking of the next few months, what are your dietary plans for them?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2009 3:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    since today official ended my 2 week "transition," i'll up my calories back to a normal amount for myself and see how i feel... for now i'm gonna stick to something similar to the t-dawg diet, keep workin' out 2-3 times a week, and definitely get into class more often!

i've experimented with the anabolic diet (what the t-dawg derived from) and had good results. i love eating chicken, tuna, and beef anyway, and i didn't have too much trouble with the low-carbs either. the t-dawg offers more carbs for post-workout nutrition an also just for plain variety.
    i basically just plan on watching my carbs and calories. i suppose what the velocity diet has really helped me with is not having such cravings over sweets and junk. :)
    that was mostly what my goal was...

Posted On:
    3/01/2009 5:09pm

Style: Judo - Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    T-dawg is pretty cool. Too bad they took it off the website for whatever reason.
    "Keep a sharp knife, shiny boots and be on time."

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    6/27/2009 9:37pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Necroing this thread because I'm considering this diet, not because I need to loose a bunch of weight (Iz g0tz da abbz!!!), but because I might have surgery to remove me lymph nodes and the recovery time (only or mostly liquids) seems to be as long as the diet. Not sure how that will work with the whole food meals.

I'll probably buy some protein powder from trueprotein.com to replicate the over priced biotest stuff, substitute Greens+ for Superfood (supposed to be a better produce) and probably skip HotRod altougether or replace it with something cheaper.

Posted On:
    6/27/2009 9:39pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just looked at the '10 Ways to Fail the V -diet' sticky on the tnation forum. Number 1 is 'not using Biotest supplements' and number 2 is not buying the whole 6 weeks worth right away. LOL.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    6/27/2009 10:26pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Fried Chokin View Post
    Just looked at the '10 Ways to Fail the V -diet' sticky on the tnation forum. Number 1 is 'not using Biotest supplements' and number 2 is not buying the whole 6 weeks worth right away. LOL.
    :psyduck:

Yeah, that whole Biotest thing puts everything on T-Nation under a permanent cloud of suspicion. I'm sure everyone involved has the mental gymnastic routines required to justify that whole mess down pat, but it's still just about incomprehensible to me.

Posted On:
    6/27/2009 10:35pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll bet their products are good, but I doubt necessary. Guess where all the extra supplements you can take come from?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast