1/06/2004 5:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Don't touch hot pot" ....Grasshopper
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2004 9:39pm

Style: Haidong Gumdo / Çصż°Ëµµ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ronin69: Nice to see wisdom being gleaned from such esoteric sources as "The Golden Child"

As a student of one of those "anachronistic" martial arts, I find this quote to be motivating:

Zhu Pingman went to the eminent butcher, Zhilli Yi, to learn to carve dragons for the table. He studied for more than three years and spent all of his very considerable property before he mastered the subject, but he never found a dragon on which to practice his art.
    -Zhuang Zi

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2004 9:55pm

Style: Delusional Idiocy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "**** you and the horse you rode in on"- Jake Lamotta (made famous by deniro in "raging bull")
    "shuck you like an oyster and eat your fucking guts you ****" -anon

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    1/06/2004 10:13pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Method, which is in its very substance ignorance, encloses truth within a vicious circle. -lee

This one is the most important. Methods, styles, systems, governments are all diseases of the mind, born out of a desire to control and fear of confronting reality.

To reiterate: METHOD IS IGNORANCE. Trying to make something into a method, system, etc. just shows your ignorance.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Posted On:
    1/06/2004 10:30pm

Style: Street

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ANyone knows the Dan Inosanto quote where he says something about what humans created can be created again and there is no better or superior styles or methods?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2004 10:52pm

Style: BJJ, MT, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They're not all "martial arts" sayings, but they are all applicable.

-------------------------------------------------

"S'pose you gonna thlow up, suh. You jus' go foh it. Puke into this one. [He places a large green plastic garbage can in the center of the room.] Then get back to your porition. Han' uhhp. AND KEEP KICKING!!" --Chai Sirisute, 1983

"Don't worry about all the bulls**t in the martial arts. The truth is hard enough to understand."
    -- Pendekar Paul de Thoaurs, 1992

-"Develop the sense of self that allows the freedom from external validation."

-"Whoever achieves his goal, transcends it." – Neitzsche

-"Talk is a disease – action is its cure. " – Henry Rollins

-" A champion is someone who sweats to exhaustion, even when no one else is watching" – Bas Rutten

-"We do not rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Tony Blauer

-"Train for what happens most and you will be able to handle most of what happens."

-"The strength of the Wolf is in the Pack, and the strength of the Pack is in the Wolf." – Minnesota Martial Arts

-"Consistency over a period of time is the most vital aspect of training." – Erik Paulson

-"Recognize your weak points, and identify your fears. Have the courage to face those fears, and you will be unstoppable." – Burton Richardson

-"Train with people bigger, stronger, better than you. Think of it like swinging two bats in the on-deck circle."

-"The harder I train, the luckier I get." - Renzo Gracie

-"I don't want to know the name of the Saint, I just want to pray . . ." Renzo Gracie

-"It´s a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don´t quit when you're tired—you quit when the gorilla is tired." —Robert Strauss

-Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear—not absence of fear. —Mark Twain

-A ship in the harbor is safe. But that is not what ships are built for. -Anonymous
    -"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I just beat people up." – Muhammed Ali

-"Sweat is the lubricant of success." – Erik Paulson

-"I kill a lion everyday, brother…" – Mario Sperry

-"The will to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital. - Joe Paterno

"Do dees one: left jab, laight coss, over left hand, laight kick. And when you kick it, use da shin, WHAM! Heet dem. Work on dees one...allatihm. Work hard you can. You jus' go foh it. But lemembuh, alaway, keep da hanh uhp. S'ppose you not hanh uhp. BONG!!! They nail you."

--Chai Sirisute, circa 1979

~When the time comes to perform the time to prepare is past. Unknown

~In the long run, superior performance depends on superior learning. Peter Senge

~My strength is the strength of 10 because my heart is pure. Alfred Lord Tennyor

~If you don’t stand for something you’ll fall for anything. Unknown

"Seven times down, eight times up."
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo from the Hagakure

" the firstess with the mostess, is the bestess '
    - Paul Vunak –

"Fighting is cheating." - Pak Herman Suwanda

Unless the head is separated from the body by more than four feet, that person is still a potential threat.

"If you think you're going to die, don't scream like a b!%#h, cause you just might live."

"The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in combat."

"If you get to the end of your rope, tye a knot in it and hang on." -- Professor Leonard Trigg (from the Pacific Northwest Muay Thai Camp 1996 - mayeb not exact quote but close enough)

"Et si fellitur de genu pugnat"
    (And if he falls, he fights on his knees)
    ---Motto of the Roman Legionary

"It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop." Confucius

"Teachers open the door, but you must enter by yourself" Chinese proverb

"Dying ain't much of a livin' boy." - Outlaw Josie Wales

"When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail."

"Trust your training and don't let your fear F**k with you"

" Even a walk of ten thousand miles, begins with one step"

" Better to light one small candle, than sit and curse the darkness"

" Remember, the finger pointing at the moon, is not the moon"

" No man, handles his affairs, as well as a tree"

"No snow flake, falls in the wrong place"

"If you meet budda on the road, kill him"

" When I was 12 my father was so stupid, I couldn't stand to be near him....I was amazed at how much he had learned by the time I was 21."

"I firmly believe that any man’s finest hour – his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause, and lies exhausted on the field of battle, victorious." -- Vince Lombardi

" Do every act of your life as if it were the last." Marcus Aurelius

"If fifty million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." Anatole France

"Praise be that which toughens" -- Nietzsche

"Do not go gentle into that good night... Rage, rage against the dying of the light!" --Dylan Thomas

"You should be able to execute 5 techniques just like you execute a breath" --Tuhon Chris Sayoc-

"In combat, dont think, just fight" -- Guro Edgar Atienza

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt
    "Citizenship in a Republic,"
    Speech at the Sorbonne, Paris, April 23, 1910

Bonta-kun

Posted On:
    1/06/2004 11:10pm

Style: fumoffu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Rising Phoenix
    "Who Dares Wins"
    Isnt this from the British S.A.S.?
    Some well known Chinese MA proverb:
    "First Courage,second physical ability,third skill"
    "Better to master one technique than to know a thousand techniques."
    More to come......
    "People think that judo is only unarmed combat - but you are never unarmed when you can hit someone with a planet. "
    - Uncyclopedia entry on Judo

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    1/07/2004 12:32am

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dont know defeat cause im the best one yet, no opponents to fight is my only fret...then the flying kick off the top rope, for the sucker who doesn't realize that he has no hope-HEY BOB SAPP PLEASE

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Shogun of Long Island

Posted On:
    1/07/2004 12:43am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    some quotes from my teacher:

1. if you like him, punch him harder!

2. fighting is like making love. it's better if you get really close.

Shogun of Long Island

Posted On:
    1/07/2004 12:44am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    a good one is "i'll eat your children!"

and "i wish you had children so i could kick them in the nuts so you can feel the pain i feel every day"
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast