Page 1 of 14 1 234511 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2004 6:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Martial art sayings

what are your best martial art sayings/quotes?

this is my list:

It`s not the size of the dog in the fight, it`s the size of the fight in the dog. " - Mark Twain boards don`t hit back - Bruce Lee

Champions aren`t made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have late minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill
    - Muhammed Ali

A champion is someone who gets back up - even if they can`t. - Jack Dempsey

Float like a butterfly sting like a bee -your hands can`t hit what your eyes can`t see. - Ali

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the results of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle. Sun Tzu

Train hard, fight easy -- attributed to Marshal Suvorov of the Russian Army, 18th-19th centuries

"Let your oponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life! Do not be concerned with your escaping safely, lay your life before him!"-Tao of Jeet Kune Do Bruce Lee

"To be kind to your enemy is to be cruel to yourself". Emin Boztepe

If the masters in the old days could really jump thirty feet high, then why the hell did they build staircases in their houses?" - Pan Qingfu, Iron and Silk

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply." - Bruce Lee

"Everyone has a plan, `til they get hit."-Mike Tyson

Always put a price tag on your fears, e.g., `Scare me bad enough and I`ll kill you.` " - Animal MacYoung

“Learn to hit *bleep*in’ hard.” Paul Landini

I mean I do not believe that there is such thing as, like, a Chinese way of fighting or a Japanese way of fighting--or whatever way of fighting, because unless a human being has three arms and four legs, there can be no different form of fighting. but, basically, we only have two hands and two feet. so styles tend to, not only separate man-because they have their own doctrines and the doctrine became the gospel truth that you cannot change! but, if you do not have styles, if you just say, "here I am as a human being, how can I express myself totally and completely?"-Bruce Lee

Fear is your best friend or your worst enemy. It’s like fire. If you can control it, it can cook for you; it can heatyour house. If you can’t control it, it will burn everything around you and destroy you." - Cus D’Amato (1908-1985), Tyson`s boxing coach.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2004 7:22am

Style: BJJ, CSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like to use in practice something Delta Force founder Charlie Beckwith once said, "We ain't makin no goddamned cornflakes here!"

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    1/06/2004 7:44am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fighting does not build character, it reveals it. - Myself
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

Posted On:
    1/06/2004 7:46am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i have heard stuff like ' if in doubt, flow'
    and
    'empty your cup'

hurricane carter said ' you gotto bring ass to get gas'

Posted On:
    1/06/2004 8:33am

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Martial arts build character - Translation: There are a lot of characters in the Martial Arts.

Pain is a good thing, it reminds you that you are alive - Richard Marcinko

He who hesitates, meditates, horizontally - Ed Parker

Doing Martial Arts without fighting is like sex without physical contact, you can try it, but what the **** for ?? - Me :)

You may not start the fight, but you better be able to finish it - Anonymous

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2004 9:02am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    found this one- its quite funny:

"When I'm ready I'm going to rip out his heart and feed it to him ...My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." Tyson on Lewis fight

Posted On:
    1/06/2004 9:09am

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The " praise be to Allah" part always makes me laugh.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    1/06/2004 10:27am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    These are both on the back of the door at my gym so you see 'em on the way in/out.

"It's OK, put tape on it."

"Let the hater be your motivator."
  9. joen00b

Posted On:
    1/06/2004 10:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe the quote "Everyone has a plan until they get hit." is actually George Foreman, not Mike Tyson. It may date further back than Foreman himself to boot.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/06/2004 10:40am

supporting member
     Style: boxing/muy thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Move like a beam of light: fly like lightning, strike like thunder, whirl in circles around a stable center." from Ueshiba, i always liked this one

"Are you gonna bark all day, little doggie, or are you gonna bite"
    --Michael Madsen, in Reservoir Dogs. BTW, this line is good if you want to start a fight with a big mouth jackass.
Page 1 of 14 1 234511 ... LastLast