Sponsored Links Spacer Image

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    2/22/2009 10:50pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IMO "gun control" in the US has become horrendously dolled up and pumped up because it's an emotive wedge issue, just like abortion. But I believe that the real underlying truth that determines if someone is for or against "gun control" is their cultural background, i.e. did that person grow up in a place where people use firearms for all kinds of constructive and positive hobbies and activities, or did that person basically grow up ignorant of them and do they only have inflated fears? I think it's about culture and less about the lynchpin of a conspiracy to disarm the populace so that they won't eventually decide to retroactively revolt over the PATRIOT act.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Posted On:
    2/22/2009 11:48pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Boring possible answer, but reducing inventory is a cost control measure and times are tough all over. I was just at a retail store, lower inventory levels than I am used to seeing, boring stuff like paper towels, soda, toys etc. Just a thought.

Slipping coal into stockings with a little sumptin for mom.

Posted On:
    2/22/2009 11:58pm

Style: Rehab Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    IMO "gun control" in the US has become horrendously dolled up and pumped up because it's an emotive wedge issue, just like abortion. But I believe that the real underlying truth that determines if someone is for or against "gun control" is their cultural background, i.e. did that person grow up in a place where people use firearms for all kinds of constructive and positive hobbies and activities, or did that person basically grow up ignorant of them and do they only have inflated fears? I think it's about culture and less about the lynchpin of a conspiracy to disarm the populace so that they won't eventually decide to retroactively revolt over the PATRIOT act.
    I think there is more than a little bit of truth to this, but it's pretty condescending the way it was phrased. Lots of urban dwellers have pretty concrete negative experiences that have **** all to do with ignorance.

Posted On:
    2/23/2009 3:25am

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This weapon/ammo shortage is all over the US, not just in certain areas. There's a ton of NRA propaganda going around saying that Obama is going to start banning guns of all kinds based entirely around lies, but people are eating it up and its creating a scare. Just don't worry about it, after a few months it should cool down. People are just being paranoid for the moment.
    "Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this." - 山本 常朝

Infidel

Posted On:
    2/23/2009 11:11am

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why don't you end of the world types try reloading your own stuff?

If it wasn't for the NRA and their stocks in ammunition we would have laser guns by now.
    Last edited by vigilus; 2/23/2009 11:16am at .
    You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12