Administrator

Posted On:
    5/08/2010 5:29pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan View Post
    On the street, there are no legal consequences for ripping someone's ear off.
    Actually, there is in many states it is called maiming.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2010 6:39pm

Style: In transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess "Chewie" or whatever has never actually grabbed somebody's ear.

Because if he did, he would know they're really fucking hard to grip, much less rip off.

edit: And another thing. Why rip the guy's ear off? If you're ready to draw blood, an eye gouge is a better idea. Regardless, what a douche.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2010 6:56pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ, judo, boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    With regard to the "probationary" 10th dans: in my previous experience with another bullshido school, a probationary grade is what they give when a student attempts a belt level exam but fails...they seemed to get more common the higher in rank you went, probably because having a 9th dan director of your organization fail a test would be pretty embarrassing for your school...

EDIT: There is also a mildly entertaining youtube vid on this guy, for those of you who missed it earlier in the thread because it wasn't embedded:

YouTube- Shidoshi John Manniel, founder Kar-Do-Jitsu-Ryu Federation

EDIT 2: I just HAD to add this one in. Apparently the only choke defense we need is...a shrug. Check out the douche of an instructor in this one:

KardoJitsuRyu Conference Video by Louis - MySpace Video@@AMEPARAM@@http://mediaservices.myspace.com/Services/Media/Embed.aspx/m=29403816@@AMEPARAM@@mediaservices@@AMEPARAM@@mys pace@@AMEPARAM@@Services/Media/Embed@@AMEPARAM@@aspx/m@@AMEPARAM@@29403816
    Last edited by Skepticus; 5/08/2010 7:03pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2010 8:03pm

Style: BJJ, TKD, Lifting+Cardio

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake LaMancha View Post
    apparently the founder has studied thousands of martial arts according to asource on youtubehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HU2De4JXw8
    Oh yea chepa don't try to get your sea legs on YMAS this is open territory if ya want a reprieve then goto newbietown on the romo train,otherwise it is FLAME-ON!!!!
    Lol, he was able to find that many?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2010 9:15pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ, judo, boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by winnersguard View Post
    What the hell would that even mean in Japanese? I'm guessing "Kar" is short for Karate? Or maybe Kardio? Or maybe it trains you for this:

Actually, it seems pretty close:

YouTube- Xtreme Martial Arts Breaking, Master Drew Serrano

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2010 10:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've actually never ripped an ear but we were told to do it if it was available. I'm certain I have popped at least two ear drums and blown out at 4 knees in fights.

When I was growing up (I'm 34 now) I was one of the few Chinese kids in the neighborhood so I caught **** from the all the Puerto Ricans and Italians. Guidos were the fucking worst, I took out someone's knee just out of spite. Anyhow, eyes, ears, face, knees, groins were primary targets. Stun them, **** up a ligament and then control their head and do whatever you want with them was the order of the day.

And he did rock Chuck Norris, it was on the cover of one of those martial arts magazines in the dojo. I don't really care if you believe me or not, about Chuck Norris, I saw the magazine on the wall every day for 7 years. Anyways **** all of yall for just being retarded, go kimora your cock or something. Lol.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2010 10:49pm

Style: In transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chuey
    I've actually never ripped an ear but we were told to do it if it was available.
    Thank you for being honest.

Posted On:
    5/09/2010 5:11am

Style: Kettles (MA hiatus).

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chuey View Post
    I've actually never ripped an ear but we were told to do it if it was available. I'm certain I have popped at least two ear drums and blown out at 4 knees in fights.

When I was growing up (I'm 34 now) I was one of the few Chinese kids in the neighborhood so I caught **** from the all the Puerto Ricans and Italians. Guidos were the fucking worst, I took out someone's knee just out of spite. Anyhow, eyes, ears, face, knees, groins were primary targets. Stun them, **** up a ligament and then control their head and do whatever you want with them was the order of the day.
    Wow, so not only do you not train it you haven't even done it. That sounds like a brilliant method to stake your life on. Stop fucking about and just train to fight.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/09/2010 7:25am

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chuey View Post
    And he did rock Chuck Norris, it was on the cover of one of those martial arts magazines in the dojo. I don't really care if you believe me or not, about Chuck Norris, I saw the magazine on the wall every day for 7 years. Anyways **** all of yall for just being retarded, go kimora your cock or something. Lol.
    Would you care to make a call to someone and ask about the magazine name and date?

I personally do not remember ever having seen, read or heard about anything of the sort. Doesn't mean it didn't happen, but someone here should have heard about it.

Care to elaborate on the details of the two times this happened? Having been there "every day for 7 years", surely you were privy to the stories.

BTW

Martial arts magazines work great for bird cages and potty training puppies.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2010 12:07am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sunset Park Martial Arts Inc.
    Kar-Do-Jitsu-Ryu
    4601 4th Ave
    Brooklyn 11220
    718-765-0595

We're talking about something pre internet that happened in the 70's I believe. Anyways I'm still not sure what this website is about, I trained there because I needed to protect myself from bullies not for sport.

Almost all of the fights that I have been in win or lose, my primary moves were not all that technical and I used what worked for me. I'm short at 5'9 but with tree trunks for legs, I always figure and still do today, if you drive a straight kick into someone kneecap you will get their attention.

Anyhow again, I havn't been back to the Dojo since 20 years. I believe this guy Carmelo still runs the Brooklyn school, ask or call him about it, I pulled the above number from the internet if it matters to you folks. I'm certain about his fights with Norris so call away no skin off my back.

I will admit that John was a bit unorthodox, he charged us kids $25 a month and if we couldn't pay he'd train us for free. Classes were tough, un-air conditioned dojos twice a week 3 hours straight a night no rest and you were invited to attend the alternative days. The style from what I gather was a mish mosh of whatever works, lots of basic karate, plus dirty street fight techniques like straight kicks to the knee which I've adopted as my favorite move. I've executed it many times and each time those fuckers deserved it.

The last time I did one I was 23 and coming home from work, in a train underpass these two Puerto Rican kids were jacking an old Chinese guy (these kids targeted the Chinese off the boat folks because they knew they worked and were paid in cash) He had him up against the wall and I walked past him, the kid thought I would walk away, I blindsided him and smashed into the side of his knee and it caved in. I went to fight the other guy but he ran. The old guy ran and never thanked me, and I told myself that was stupid and should just mind my own business. I'm just glad I don't ever have to be in those situations ever again.

So about the school, as you can see they taught us to keep the moves that worked best for us and do whatever for the rest of the moves that don't work. Doesn't mean we didn't practice shin stomps and throat chops etc....

You guys are right in how liberal he was to promote belts though. He was very liberal at times with the belt distributions. It took about 3-4 years to get a black belt and he never charged to take a test to earn a belt. From the names that I've seen, a lot of those high ranking belt folks have been training for close to 24-30 years not sure if that warrants the belt ranking according to your standards. Towards the latter years while I trained there there were a pair of twins there and he gave them black belts in a year.

What the school does for the kids in that neighborhood is great, never cared if it was ever legit or not, they taught enough technique in such a way that if I ever had to defend myself in a street fight against a regular joe they would lose. That's all that counts as the training always taught us to avoid fighting if possible. Not that it ever stopped me from making sure that I wouldn't be picked on. And yes as you can tell I had a chip on my shoulder, but you would too after a guido randomly blindsides you and hits you in the back of the head with a bat when you are not looking beause you were walking around Bay Ridge in "his" neighborhood and wasn't the right skin tone. Subsequently my friends who were also Italian found him and beat him til he was unrecognizable and had to be hospitalized. That's NYC street justice no cops involved in these efforts.
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast