5/13/2010 6:25pm, #141
*mum slaps it down*
This is battlefields' mother. Thank you, Chuey, for bringing this to my attention, battlefields has a lot of explaining to do. I also found an unused condom, but I know he isn't sexually active because all he does is play WoW in the basement and runs around pretending to be a ninja.
5/13/2010 6:26pm, #142
No ninjer stars, but I do have guns. Oh, and a sword or two and some knives. Does that count? Please come to the Mega and give me a titty twister. I haven't had one in years. It would be quite entertaining, I'm sure.
5/13/2010 6:56pm, #143
5/13/2010 8:28pm, #144
Chuey, since you haven't been to the school in question in 20 years and were 14 years old at the time, your opinion on the subject at hand is of questionable value.
1) John Manniel may have been doing some very legitimate good in the '70s and '80s by providing kids with a healthy hobby to keep them out of trouble, but:
2) he certainly wasn't the only one doing this at the time;
3) claims of "t3h d34dly" tend to be over inflated crap designed to paper over the promoter's lack of ability;
4) martial arts evolve over time, griping about "MMA fans"[sic] pointing out the weaknesses in training methodology and pedagogy that was common 20 yrs ago is like the Catholic Church railing against Copernicus for challenging the Ptolemaic world view - just because Ptolemy got it wrong with regards to a universe centered around the Earth doesn't mean that Ptolemy is completely full of ****;
5) multiple ranks, belt colors and degrees are by and large a marketing scheme designed to make money, especially when testing and certification fees are involved. My first TKD instructor was the first person to warn me about this back in the mid '80s. He, by the way, did not charge for rank tests certifications below 1st Dan, and then he only charged 10% the certification above the Kukiwon's price. He said that the inflation of colored belts within the ranking system was designed to meet Americans' desire for instant gratification and that linkage between rank and rank test fees would ensure that the number of belt colors and ranks would just continue to increase. At the time, we had four belt colors and seven ranks under 1st Dan and he thought that was too much. What has happened with TKD since then just validates his warnings.
5/13/2010 8:46pm, #145
5/13/2010 8:58pm, #146
Originally Posted by chuey
- Join Date
- Apr 2010
- West Virginia
5/13/2010 9:49pm, #147
- Join Date
- Sep 2009
- Bentonville, Ar
I'm glad I can read this, cause after having my ears ripped off by teh d3adly, I can no longer hear the irony.
5/13/2010 10:22pm, #148
- Join Date
- May 2010
5/13/2010 10:56pm, #149
Let me see if I understand the situation.
It was C0WB0Y on the grassy knoll, while Judaking road on a swiftboat and Chuey did not have sexual relations with any woman ever?"Emevas,
You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
5/13/2010 10:59pm, #150