Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 6:25pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chuey View Post
    You guys are like those geeky dudes who go to Star Trek conventions. ENTIRELY TOO INTO YOUR HOBBY?LIFESTYLE. I'm surprised your wives don't throw you out of your houses. I just wanna line you all up and give you titty twisters. Quick raise your hands who has a bunch of ninja stars in your sock drawer and afraid that your mom found out you bought something illegal over the internet? Lol.
    *raises hand*
    *mum slaps it down*
    This is battlefields' mother. Thank you, Chuey, for bringing this to my attention, battlefields has a lot of explaining to do. I also found an unused condom, but I know he isn't sexually active because all he does is play WoW in the basement and runs around pretending to be a ninja.

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 6:26pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No ninjer stars, but I do have guns. Oh, and a sword or two and some knives. Does that count? Please come to the Mega and give me a titty twister. I haven't had one in years. It would be quite entertaining, I'm sure.
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Originally Posted by chuey
    ...Well **** if that isn't the most anti-Mr. Miyagi **** I have heard in ages.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but
    Three rights make a left.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 6:56pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You guys are like those geeky dudes who go to Star Trek conventions. ENTIRELY TOO INTO YOUR HOBBY?LIFESTYLE.
    John Manniel, was known as John the Cop around the neighborhood. As you can tell he was an NYPD police officer assigned to the Brooklyn Street Crime Unit in the 70's. In kick boxing tourneys he knocked out Chuck Norris twice. Chuck actually never won a match against him. Anyhow, John was also a decorated Korean War Vet. He taught a hybrid martial arts that combined what he thought would work best in real life situations.

The school was originally founded as a means of providing kids from Sunset Park Brooklyn an alternative to gangs. The area in its day was known as Gunset for good reason. But that's neither here not there. I can't say that it will ever be recognized by most folks. The reason why there are so many dans is that John had been teaching martial arts since the early 70's before most of you numbnut MMA pyschos were even born.

We were taught street combat, the videos that you saw on youtube are more civilized than half of what we were taught, which was fighting to get out of life and death situations. Training and mentally preparing to rip someone's ear off in a street fight so that they would stop attacking you was normal to us. So was mentally preparing to grab someone's nuts and rip, side or front kicks to the knees. While all of this is distasteful, I can guarantee from personal experience that it is effective when a person is angry or scared enough, or in other cases forced to use it.
    Yes, your hypocrisy speaks for itself.

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 8:28pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chuey, since you haven't been to the school in question in 20 years and were 14 years old at the time, your opinion on the subject at hand is of questionable value.

1) John Manniel may have been doing some very legitimate good in the '70s and '80s by providing kids with a healthy hobby to keep them out of trouble, but:

2) he certainly wasn't the only one doing this at the time;

3) claims of "t3h d34dly" tend to be over inflated crap designed to paper over the promoter's lack of ability;

4) martial arts evolve over time, griping about "MMA fans"[sic] pointing out the weaknesses in training methodology and pedagogy that was common 20 yrs ago is like the Catholic Church railing against Copernicus for challenging the Ptolemaic world view - just because Ptolemy got it wrong with regards to a universe centered around the Earth doesn't mean that Ptolemy is completely full of ****;

5) multiple ranks, belt colors and degrees are by and large a marketing scheme designed to make money, especially when testing and certification fees are involved. My first TKD instructor was the first person to warn me about this back in the mid '80s. He, by the way, did not charge for rank tests certifications below 1st Dan, and then he only charged 10% the certification above the Kukiwon's price. He said that the inflation of colored belts within the ranking system was designed to meet Americans' desire for instant gratification and that linkage between rank and rank test fees would ensure that the number of belt colors and ranks would just continue to increase. At the time, we had four belt colors and seven ranks under 1st Dan and he thought that was too much. What has happened with TKD since then just validates his warnings.
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Originally Posted by chuey
    ...Well **** if that isn't the most anti-Mr. Miyagi **** I have heard in ages.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but
    Three rights make a left.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 8:46pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 8:58pm

Style: In transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chuey
    You guys are like those geeky dudes who go to Star Trek conventions.
    I think that statement is quite offensive to people who like Star Wars, such as myself.

Also:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 9:49pm

Style: TKD/ TSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm glad I can read this, cause after having my ears ripped off by teh d3adly, I can no longer hear the irony.

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 10:22pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by C0WB0Y View Post

1.) I do not know Chuey.

2.) I do know Judaking. I did not know who it was when he first started posting. Immediately after his first post, I did call my friend, Brad Pole (judaking) and told him I KNEW it was him trying to start a flamewar. He denied it several times, so I unfortunately believed him.

3.) I did go to the Pocomoke Karate & Judo dojo yesterday. The class was exactly as I described it in my above post.

4.) Backfistmonkey, there are no pics, no video and quite honestly I couldn't care less if you believe anything I've posted. No offense taken, but I've spent entirely was too much time and effort on this bullshit already.
    This sums it all up 100%. And yes, I can confirm c0wb0y did go to the Karate and Judo school because I had to hear it from one of their instructors today. He was not too happy. Hahaha.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 10:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let me see if I understand the situation.

It was C0WB0Y on the grassy knoll, while Judaking road on a swiftboat and Chuey did not have sexual relations with any woman ever?
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 10:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judaking View Post
    This sums it all up 100%. And yes, I can confirm c0wb0y did go to the Karate and Judo school because I had to hear it from one of their instructors today. He was not too happy. Hahaha.

Awesome .

Since you say so it must be true !

Pure Awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51112131415 16171819 ... LastLast