Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/24/2009 5:54am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So what's the deal with this shiznit? Or is it, in fact, a shiznot?

Anything come out of it, daddywalrus?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/26/2009 10:02am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by raylawley View Post
    ...Anything come out of it, daddywalrus?
    Dead silence. That's what happens when you mess with the spooks.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    3/26/2009 1:44pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivington View Post
    I love all the films Alan Smithee has directed, even if Alan Smithee doesn't!
    If you walk without rhythm, you won't attract the worm.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/04/2009 6:21am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry for not replying guys! Reason being I have been blacklisted from ever learning the deadly arts of this CIA Master. My friend refuses to let me come to his classes and now acts as if him and his CIA buddies are superior to me and my simple BJJ.

This is just a classic cult thing. This guy obviously convinces his students that they are learning real martial arts and are far and above mainstream martial arts.

So in conclusion there is no way I can realisticly find out the location of this place without stalking my friend and they do not have a website/yellow pages ad as it is far too secret and it is only spread by word of mouth (I am fairly certain all of their recruitment comes from them bragging to drunk guys at bars).

I say we just let these hardcores train alone in their shed. They will never enter any serious competition and i doubt they will ever advertise enough to lure the masses into fake BJJ seminars.

If they ever start advertising I will notify you all we and then we can finally do something :D

Posted On:
    4/04/2009 10:03am

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everyone knows the secret squirrels all practice Death Ki Do.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    4/04/2009 10:28am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    D'OH!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2009 12:27am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daddywalrus
    My friend refuses to let me come to his classes and now acts as if him and his CIA buddies are superior to me and my simple BJJ.
    Just beat him up a couple times. Then he'll stop acting superior :P

Oh wait...let me guess. Too deadly to spar?

Posted On:
    4/07/2009 10:40am

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Forgive me. Today I learned the secret squirrels actually learn watered down Death Ki Do.

There's only so much lethal knowledge that can be passed on in a two week course...

Posted On:
    5/07/2009 4:23am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: JKD/SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not to put the shock paddles to a dead threat, but I only just saw this and thought I might add some information.

The CIA teaches different self-defense courses depending on what an individual's function is. When people think of the CIA, they generally think of field agents (Clandestine Services) - spies. However, the CIA also boasts internal security staff, a regular police force (blue shirts and flashing lights), typical federal law enforcement officers (graduates of FLTC), a fairly small paramilitary force (permanent and contractual), a whole slew of contractual operatives (no legal protection from the agency because they are not employees), and a bunch of other people that aren't that interesting.

The most hardcore bunch are paramilitary types. These tend to be seasoned veterans from the special operations community, although the odd civilian with no military background does occasionally show up.

In terms of self-defense training, the majority of it reflects the current trend in the services or law enforcement agencies. Again, these folks already get most of their training before they get to the Agency. Additional training for the serious operational folks is more flexible (depending on their needs) and is often provided by outside sources. In terms of H2H stuff (and firearms training), they get whatever it is they want, and what they want changes. Traditionally it tends to be JKD Concepts type stuff, as the Special Operations communities have historically worked with these people (and continue to do so). But, again, it all depends on what they want.

As for the classic, non-contractual, legitimate spies - we aren't talking about seasoned killers here. Remember most recruiting for these positions happens at Ivy League schools and the Agency reflects. These positions go to people that are fluent in languages with the primary purpose of data collection. Most of them couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag and aren't supposed to. They leave serious fighting to people trained specifically for that purpose.

As for the Australian guy having been an employee of the CIA? Possible, but unlikely. It wouldn't be worth the hassle to get a clearance for a foreign national, especially for something so far down on the priority list as brawling. Naturally, there are easy ways around that, but why bother?

In reality, whether or not he trained people in the CIA is a moot point. Anything he learned would have been taught to him from somewhere other than the CIA. They would have brought him in as the expert; they certainly wouldn't have turned him into one.

One final note, employment by the intelligence agencies can be verified 99% of the time unless, for some reason, that information needs to remain hidden. Just get his information, contact the agency, and ask for dates of employment. You are, after all, thinking about employing him and the CIA generally does not like having people claiming associations that do not exist.

Of course, contacting them can sometimes be difficult, but he should be able to give you direct contact information. After all, how could any future employer check his resume'?

Posted On:
    5/21/2009 11:25pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "I know some of the guys at BTT train Krav Maga at another school but i doubt they claim its a 'secret art' of the CIA."
    Thats because Krav Maga is the not so secret art of the Israeli military/ Mossad.

Everyone should remember at this point that Australia has very strict gun laws, most Aussie's do not have to fear firearms due to the fact you'd have to be linked to or have p!ssed off the "gangs" (drug, bikie, triad, misc, often interlinked), or be a "threat" to police (their discretion is often questionable).
    Just being provided with a knife would make a person t3h d34dly in ordinary Australia. It wouldn't matter the quality of the training as in a majority of cases an altercation is settled in a fist fight (although I have witnessed several stabbings, the ratio of blade violence to weaponless brawls is astronomical, and even when weapons are involved it is more often trolley poles and baseball bats handled badly) and the victim of the stabbing would be surprised by the assailant producing a knife.
    Tell your mate he is a dumbc0kk for carrying a knife in our country.
    Then tell him to tell his CIA s3cr3t d34dly lover, I mean trainer, that he is a dumbc0kk. Then tell him if he wants retribution, he should contact his CIA bum chums and hunt me down. I'll give the first clue, my last name is embedded in my screen name.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast