Sponsored Links Spacer Image

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    10/29/2002 6:33am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Freddy is right but hanging around street corners and picking fights is not the test either. That test you can't really study for and it is possible not the be able to do a make up.

Competetion tests you heart, your athletic fitness, etc. It is a good way to get used to fighting but don't fall into the trap of thinking that "I won X and X competition now I can go into the street and whip everyone!" You may find yourself in a bad way.

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Titan

Posted On:
    10/29/2002 6:49am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree, I know people who I would destroy in a one on one, but they would have no cares about attacking me with a weapon and/or a gang. There's very little I can do if they decided to do this, so the "street" is not really a test of fighting skill, it's a test of how far you're willing to go. Has anyone seen "The usual suspects" ? If so you know what I mean.
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Posted On:
    10/31/2002 1:38am

Join us... or die
     Style: Be Happy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really meant testing ones abilities as actually being in a fight on the streets ;not of one choice but forced to. Experience means a whole lot more than theories. Not that I would ever advocate that someone should start a fight. They derserve what they get if they start a fight.

PEACE!
    Ghost of Charles Dickens
  4. 9chambers

Posted On:
    10/31/2002 8:44am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Win or lose you will learn something.

Its weird what adrenaline does to you in a fight situation. When I was a kid one of my eyes would always water. I've literally felt like I was moving in slow motion a few times. Sometimes I've felt weak while other times I've felt like a freaking demon posessed Hulk. Sometimes I have been really calm.

Your strength might leave you in about 2 seconds even if you are in good condition. It is totally different from a no risk situation. Sometimes people feel like they could throw a truck across the room. Some people freeze up. It effects people in different ways at different times. Everyone should experience some form of NHB combat sparring if just to learn to deal with adrenaline.

In my last fight I was attacked by surprise. The guy just came running into the house swinging at me and yelling about how he was going to kick my ass. It was really strange because I didn't have time to get angry or scared. I was totally relaxed. I even wished that my adrenaline would kick in but I just couldn't get into it. I was totally calm. It might not prepare you for every situation but NHB fighting will prepare you for a lot of them.

Titan

Posted On:
    10/31/2002 9:51am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What, you mean that standing in a hall flailing my arms and legs around in a pointless, dance like fashion while yelling "KIAI" will not prepare me for the adrenaline of a real fight?

Surley not.
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/31/2002 7:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the asians really got into that fighting at different times of the day. If you think about it, back in the days without guns it could save your life unlike nowadays with sports where everyones supposed to be prepared.

Posted On:
    11/01/2002 10:23am

Style: MMA-Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK i am gonna do it wish me luck!!!!!!

Shawn
    Once a fighter, Always a fighter. Shawn
    -Styles i train in-
    Judo
    Bjj
    Mtkickboxing
    Western boxing
    Wrestling
  8. 9chambers

Posted On:
    11/01/2002 11:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SLJ,

No.

:P

Titan

Posted On:
    11/04/2002 9:59am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pheew, what a relief :)

"If you have to ask, you'll never know
    Funky mother fuckers will not be told to go."

Village Idiot

Posted On:
    11/05/2002 3:17pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ya I was banned from martialtalk.com becuase I told some guy I was going to whoop his ass.

I got banned? Eh, I am younger and they didn't like me. Its quite interesting the type of people they say they are.

But when a conflict happens on the forums they automatically ban the person they dislike most.

It shows the type of personality from the people at martialtalk.com They are a bunch of scared ***** MAist's that don't compete in anything and brag about their skills.

Wow you competed in a NHB locally against 15 year olds and you won? Wow congragulations.

Its fags like that which make me want to fly to their house and whoop their ass. It would be hard for me to do since I am only 17 and they are grown men but atleast I would have the balls to try.

Judo-Kid I still don't like you from martialtalk.com I did do a NHB fight with you and I won with within 30 seconds of the match.

I hit him 3 times in the face, nothing to complex a right cross and then 2 jab's and he went out cold. The guys in the gym stopped us after that and I went back to training while he recooperated from the smelling salts.
    I'll make one when I can find one I like.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast