Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/20/2009 11:31pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Renaissance Martial Arts - The Web Documentary

I don't think this has been posted here, but if it has, feel free to flame me as you see fit.

Anyway, "Renaissance Martial Arts - The Web Documentary" is a ten part documentary on the history of Renaissance martial arts. I have yet to watch all ten parts, but from what I have seen, I figured it was worth posting.

Part 1 - YouTube - Renaissance Martial Arts - the Web Documentary: Part 1of10
    Part 2 - YouTube - Renaissance Martial Arts - the Web Documentary: Part2of10
    Part 3 - YouTube - Renaissance Martial Arts - the Web Documentary: Part 3of10
    Part 4 - YouTube - Renaissance Martial Arts - the Web Documentary: Part 4of10
    Part 5 - YouTube - Renaissance Martial Arts - the Web Documentary: Part 5of10
    Part 6 - YouTube - Renaissance Martial Arts - the Web Documentary: Part Xof10
    Part 7 - YouTube - Renaissance Martial Arts - the Web Documentary: Part 7of10
    Part 8 - YouTube - Renaissance Martial Arts - the Web Documentary: Part 8of10
    Part 9 - YouTube - Renaissance Martial Arts - the Web Documentary: Part 9of10
    Part 10 - YouTube - Renaissance Martial Arts - the Web Documentary: Part 10of10

While probably not the "be all, end all" to the western martial arts, it seems like a good place to start. If not, then... well... I'll leave that up to you guys...

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/21/2009 3:53am

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's been referred to on one of the other forums. Great collection of pictures, but my note to Iron Door Studios would read "less is more" when it comes to narration.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/21/2009 4:40am

Style: ARMA Scholar, Longsword

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DdlR View Post
    It's been referred to on one of the other forums. Great collection of pictures, but my note to Iron Door Studios would read "less is more" when it comes to narration.
    Yeah, John does get carried away when talking, I've seen it first hand on both seminars.

But that's a pretty good documentary nonetheless.