Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    10/28/2002 9:35am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From the looks of it you would be getting some sort of warped degree in Christian studies with the "Martial Science" as a side degree. I would not pay dollar one for these people.

I have seen a similar college that offers a legitimate program doing the same thing. By legitimate I mean the teachers are actual certified teachers of Christian studies and martial arts and the school is sanctioned by the Board of Education or whatever sanctions the colleges. I am not endorsing this school just letting you know that there are legit schools offereing similar programs like this one.

Jeremy M. Talbott
    http://www.homestead.com/koreanma/index.html
    http://www.geocities.com/jns1994/MSA.html
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2002 9:45am

Style: TKD, soon BJJ JUDO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if you could please direct me to these institutions?

Today impossible, Tomarrow Possible
    Grand Master H.U. Lee

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    10/28/2002 10:16am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I emailed the gentleman who originally sent me the site to get the info for you. I deleted the the original one since I have no desire to earn a degree in Christianity studies. All I recall from it is that they broke the classes down into credit hours and that they were sanctioned by an actual college. I will pass it on as soon I receive it again.

Jeremy M. Talbott
    http://www.homestead.com/koreanma/index.html
    http://www.geocities.com/jns1994/MSA.html
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Posted On:
    10/28/2002 10:28am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ATAMAN, the problem is that there is no formal standard of what consists of "good" martial arts instruction/training, so unlike say, a fradulent Ballet instructor who's got no tangible skills that can be easily recognized by the general public, martial arts are subjective and have a long tradition of having a lot of useless crap already.

It's a catch-22 though, because whenever organizations attempt to set standards, they usually end up geared toward creating profit instead of furthering the art or preserving integrity or quality.

What can you do about it? Well, that's why we're here; to allow martial artists a means for discussing and setting their own standards for what's a legitimate school, and what's a McDojo. The staff here doesn't make judgements on this other than adding personal opinions.

The McDojo Database is where you can add a school you think is suspect, and rate other schools 1 (McDojo) to 10 (Legit).

The more schools we get in the database either way, and the more members we get to rate them, the better the martial arts community will be.
  5. Michael

Posted On:
    10/28/2002 12:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Truthfully I don't see your point ATAMAN. I'm not trying to be snide but I would've love to major in Martial Science when I went to college. Now I don't know exactly what they're trying to achieve through there program. It might be a comprehensive look at the martial arts as a comparitive program similiar to philosophy. The only problem I see here is the individual that may use this as a launch point to start a McDojo of their own.

Two guys walk into a bar....ouch that's gotta hurt.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2002 1:54pm

Style: TKD, soon BJJ JUDO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the point is that if it is a legit operation you would think that it would be run like any other educational institution. it weems fishy to me when you charge 300 for a masters degree. i am not making a judgement just saying that this place looks highly questionable. in the case of the ATA they have documented evidence that their teaching methods do work. secondly there is hard proof that these things work. i am not saying that these people are offering substandard education but i am saying that it looks fishy. i just simply do not understand. there is just something that is missing learning only through CD roms. I just think that someone should have the choice weather or not to go into an entire program of study or take one class. i wish i could take one class and see if they are legit.

ususally colleges have full biographical info on their faculty and administration. things JDLR

Today impossible, Tomarrow Possible
    Grand Master H.U. Lee

Posted On:
    7/26/2009 10:38pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think these guys no longer exsist? But to be honest I dont see much wrong with what they are doing. I read their site years ago and they said they are not affiliated with any school or accreditation. And why do we all think we must be recognised by acad. anyways? I thought thats what the rank and title stucture was for in the first place.

But then u can ask urself, Who gave the right for colleges to state they were the difinative answer? THEY DID! So why is it so wrong for someone to promote a college where they have BOOK knowlgde and physical knowledge as a requirment? If we dont hold ourself accountable for our education then they will and they will place many requirements that are not needed for a degree in the Arts.

Im not standing up for them but lets view this from an angle WE can understand. At least SOME of them are trying to teach through distance education via books ect but those that give titles or degree's away should be looked down upon. But lets not let a few bad apples ruin the batch.

And no I dont need a degree or title of Dr. Soke jiggahippo, MaPhD. to make me feel good about myself.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/26/2009 11:01pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggahippo View Post
    I think these guys no longer exsist? But to be honest I dont see much wrong with what they are doing. I read their site years ago and they said they are not affiliated with any school or accreditation. And why do we all think we must be recognised by acad. anyways? I thought thats what the rank and title stucture was for in the first place.

But then u can ask urself, Who gave the right for colleges to state they were the difinative answer? THEY DID! So why is it so wrong for someone to promote a college where they have BOOK knowlgde and physical knowledge as a requirment? If we dont hold ourself accountable for our education then they will and they will place many requirements that are not needed for a degree in the Arts.

Im not standing up for them but lets view this from an angle WE can understand. At least SOME of them are trying to teach through distance education via books ect but those that give titles or degree's away should be looked down upon. But lets not let a few bad apples ruin the batch.

And no I dont need a degree or title of Dr. Soke jiggahippo, MaPhD. to make me feel good about myself.
    Mods should be with you shortly jiggahippo.

Can you smell the stench of a 7 year necro?

Jiu Jitsu - Sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Posted On:
    7/27/2009 12:53am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Unauthorized Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Mods should be with you shortly jiggahippo.

Can you smell the stench of a 7 year necro?
    Is this officially a new record? It has to be!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/27/2009 4:45am

Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    2002.... wow... what a strange time for me... just graduating high school. No MA training as of yet.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast