Page 2 of 5 First 12345 Last
    Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We sometimes use caged headgear when we spar in my dojo, when we do I use the kempo gloves and they work pretty well. They may be a bit too unrefined for advanced grappling but for basic throws they seem fine.

Style
    Snatch Wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He doesn't punch with his fingers sticking out. The last knuckles are exposed in those gloves, and his opponent moved his head in a way that caused him to hit on that area.
    At no point during a punch should those knuckles be facing the opponent in a manner that would allow them to be hit, no matter how the opponent moves. So the question becomes, do you want your kid to be the one who looks like a retarded ****** in class, or would you rather give him some pointers on which knuckles to punch with?

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT supporting member
    Style
    Submission Grappling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roid Monkey View Post
    At no point during a punch should those knuckles be facing the opponent in a manner that would allow them to be hit, no matter how the opponent moves. So the question becomes, do you want your kid to be the one who looks like a retarded ****** in class, or would you rather give him some pointers on which knuckles to punch with?
    Facing down towards the top of a face cage bar you moron.

I'm trying to keep my kid injury free. Go troll somewhere else. It's not funny.

Edit: May 2002. You've got to be ADCC. Who are you? Monster Richard? You sure sound like him.

Edit Edit: No, you're Choke aren't you. Look, you're what, 27 by now? I'm guessing you still don't have kids of your own so you probably don't get that calling someone else's child a "retarded ******" is beyond wrong. I'm going to chalk this up to your weird sense of humor, but I'll say it again: It's not funny.
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 2/20/2009 1:20am at .
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Style
    Long Fist Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Wheel View Post

Edit: May 2002. You've got to be ADCC. Who are you? Monster Richard? You sure sound like him.

Edit Edit: No, you're Choke aren't you. Look, you're what, 27 by now? I'm guessing you still don't have kids of your own so you probably don't get that calling someone else's child a "retarded ******" is beyond wrong. I'm going to chalk this up to your weird sense of humor, but I'll say it again: It's not funny.
    he's just roid raging on your son. don't provoke it...

Style
    Snatch Wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WW
    IS PUNCHING WROOOOOONG!

I'm afraid I must disrespectfully disagree and call you a father-of-a-retarded-****** (and thank you for providing me with both ammunition in the current troll and a new insult to replace son-of-a-bitch when addressing old bastards such as yourself) at this point for comedic effect.

Well, you see, my intention actually wasn't to call your child a retarded ******, I meant it in the sense that in general, the kid in class, or any activity, who wears excessive protective equipment will be thought of by the other children as a retarded ******. However, considering you saw fit to make a specific point about that remark, I'm going to have to address you in the following manner, hereafter:

RETARDEDFAGGOTSIRE

Style
    Snatch Wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, yes I am Choke, and I'm 27 this summer.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Wheel View Post
    Also, anybody know what the glove weight of Kenpo gloves is?
    I recall my old set feeling roughly around 8 oz. tho they do come in different sizes/makes.
    https://www.shopwiki.com/detail/d=Ke...Boxing_Gloves/

The regular Kempo finger glove weighs about 10 oz. each.
    http://martialarts.iisports.com/prod...A&dept_id=2301

I haven't found much near 4 oz. yet, base on what you're looking for. Sorry.

Style
    Muay Thai, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roid Monkey View Post
    Jerk.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If someone could move this to Strikeistan and then ban Choke/Cracky/Roid/whatever for any subsequent trolling, that would be swell.

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!
    Style
    Judo, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
    If someone could move this to Strikeistan and then ban Choke/Cracky/Roid/whatever for any subsequent trolling, that would be swell.
    Yeah I second that.
    I feel like you eye-bawlin' me, dawg!

Page 2 of 5 First 12345 Last