My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    5/22/2009 5:29am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by markjudo View Post
    I am seeking Legal Advice today on this Subject. This type of thing MUST STOP!
    I agree with you but what can be legally done?
    MA is one of the least regulated industries there is. So if someone creates his own org and gets ranked up by self inflation or mutual masturbation from friends, then what can legally be done?
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/22/2009 3:48pm

Style: JUDO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    EMAIL FROM THE USJA IS BELOW:

Mark,

The problem with filing a complaint is this, You have to make a formal complaint, sending it to the Office via Katrina which will then be sent to the Etics to investigate. Have it notarized.

First you will have to have documentation as to the fraud, where and when it was committed and who assisted in it.

Both Toney Raven and Kevin Cullen are Life Members of the USJA, neither of them hold the rank in USJA as 10th Degree or 6th Degree.

Cullen could have been promoted by Raven in his own Ryu, or even through Phil Porters USMA, which the USJA does not recognize. Raven is a 7th Degree Dan from California, he is 78 yrears old and his 7th Degree in the USJA is from 95, So, as you know in martial arts Anyone can start their own Ryu and claim what ever rank they want.

Cullen is a Nidan in USJA and Only in Jujitsu, he is 59 yrs old, and has not been active in the USJA since 95.

Bottom line, you may be upset that they are moving into your area, you may have some issues with rank, but we are not the only organization in town who gives ranking. You have to think about what you want to accomplish when you make that complaint against them and then decide on a course of action, they both have certified rank in the USJA, are life members,Cullen will have sanctions if he seeks rank, as he has not been active since 95, that is 14 years of Back Fees, plus any promotion fees. You will have further issues such as, did the person know the other was a fraud when they were given rank? Did they engage in conduct to circumvent the rank requirements and so on.

You will recall that the USJA faced similar circumstances, where an individual was charged with falisfication of rank, but claimed his was legit in any circumstance and he has plenty of board support.

The decision is yours. Also I have sent out an inquiry to others in the World of Karate to see if they know those individuals and their claims, so I hope to hear back from them, I will advise you of any facts learned.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/22/2009 3:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    E Mail from the USJF

I checked the database and Toney Raven is a secondary member with us. He is registered At Large for the club and his yudanshakai is Nanka. I checked the rank card file and the database for his rank. I cannot find he has any rank through the USJF.

I checked the database for Kevin Cullen and the card rank file. He has no records with the USJF.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/22/2009 3:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is a quote from his brochure.

7th & 8th degree Shichidan Hachidan USJA, USJF, USJI, USMA.

Does this constitute misrepresentation?

His link is

http://www.samuraispiritkarate.com/Judo.html

USJF Answer:

Yes, it is misrepresentation as he does not have any USJF rank.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/22/2009 4:00pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Mark,
    Props on actually trying to do ****.

Here is another thread you might want to read and weigh in on:
    Is Ju-Te Ryu a Legit Judo/Goshinjutsu derivative? - No BS Martial Arts

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    5/23/2009 2:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mark..

Let me know when you want to do this; I will be more than happy to go with you.

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    5/23/2009 3:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh...

No legitimate Judoka in this Country uses "Soke" or "Hanshi".

Yes, for a VERY brief period when I was in Juko-lie I did. Until I learned they were full of crap and I have never done it again.

Notice his "Judo" has another ryu-ha in front of it.

If they are trying to move into Ohio, I think we and the Shingitai people can do a quality control tour....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/23/2010 11:31am

Style: Aikido/JJJ/Judo/GoJu Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    Oh...

No legitimate Judoka in this Country uses "Soke" or "Hanshi".

Yes, for a VERY brief period when I was in Juko-lie I did. Until I learned they were full of crap and I have never done it again.

Notice his "Judo" has another ryu-ha in front of it.

If they are trying to move into Ohio, I think we and the Shingitai people can do a quality control tour....
    LOL...planning a little Dojo Yaburi trip? Let me know how that goes...I'm a traditionalist, so I can appreciate some old school mentality.

This guy is originally from the Ohio area, and isn't moving into it as a previous statement claimed. He is from the Findlay area last I heard...not Canton. He has some rank from USJA (I think) back from like the 90's...a group of mid-senior yudansha GoJu practitioners spent a year or two traveling to Toledo, OH and obtained shodan in Judo in a "gentlemen's course." Been training in GoJu for a long while; first under Yamaguchi Sensei's group, then switched to Yamakura Sensei's GKK. Lived in Japan for a short time, for college I think (not sure if he trained while there). Traveled to San Fran to train with Yamaguchi maybe once or twice a year for seminars...same with Yamakura Sensei. I think Rich Stamper out of Toledo, OH was his regional coordinator. Broke away from GKK some time in late 90's/2000. Can't speak for much else...Ateru Ryu is something he made up (hence, Soke). Not sure what his rank was/is in the GKK, maybe 4th or 5th dan. Any questions, feel free to PM me.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234