218357 Bullies, 4410 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    2/17/2009 4:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Eating regularity

After finally working out that I was eating too much I've managed to drop 14 kilos since December. I did this by halving my meal sizes and having 6-7 small meals a day.

What I want to know from everyone on here is what's your intervals for eating? I've been eating every 3 hours but find that I'm hungry a lot of the time. I know some people advocate eating every 2 hours and was wondering whether I would end up eating too much overall in a day or whether this is too small an interval.

Opinions?
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2009 6:56pm

Style: Panda Punch

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I'm dieting I tend to just eat 3 times a day and chew lots of gum in between to help control hunger. I've tried eating 6-8 times a day, and I've found that it's time-consuming and leaves me hungry all the time. At least when it's 3 times a day I'm only hungry most of the time.

Of course, I have never lost weight with the intention of keeping it off, so that's all pretty irrelevant.

Real advice: If you're sure you've been cutting your calories gradually enough for your body to get used to it, maybe you should try changing up your macronutrient ratio instead of thinking about how often to eat. You may just be not eating enough fat, or eating the wrong things at the wrong time of day.