Choked out by Gene Lebell
Posted On:2/25/2009 2:13pm
Or we can do 1 to 2 in the weight room and I can show you how to train with them as well...
Posted On:2/25/2009 3:18pm
Style: BJJ / MT
Wish something like this with coaches like Mtripp could happen in Dallas..
Posted On:2/25/2009 3:53pm
It can, fly me in, put me up and feed me.
Posted On:3/20/2009 11:01am
Reminder that this is coming up... make plans now.
Posted On:3/21/2009 4:03pm
Style: western MA, Sambo, boxing
Definitely still plan on coming out!
Posted On:4/11/2009 4:34pm
I'm gonna be there, and I'm bringing a couple friends. I'm pretty excited.
Posted On:4/11/2009 5:35pm
Great! The more people means I pay more bills.
Posted On:4/13/2009 11:24am
OK, I will be driving down Saturday morning now; so if someone needs a ride, I can...
I am staying over (two day clinic) and I am too old for a room mate (unless you are a hot girl with a good triangle).
So, let me know who needs what. Also, I'd like to get an idea on who is going when so we can get a head count for the Y. Thanks.
Posted On:4/13/2009 11:33am
Day One: Throws (Gi top or Kurtka needed)
1. Review the big 4
a. Osoto Gari
b. Tai Otoshi/Seoi Nage
c. Uchi Mata
d. O Uchi Gari
2. Gripping (offense and defense)
a. Left hand to inside left lapel grab
1. Inside Pant grab to tani Otoshi/waki Otoshi
2. Kata Guruma
3. Uchi Mata
4. Uchi Mata to ankle pick
5. Uchi Mata to Kami bassami
6. Uchi Mata to O Uchi Gari
7. Uchi Mata to Tai Otoshi
8. Ura Nage
b. Left hand to right hand (climb the rope)
1. O Soto Gari
2. Ippon Seoi Nage (left side)
c. Over the back belt grip
Defensive: Pop off to grip/Offensive: Either lapel grip and go
1. Georgian Pick-up
2. O Uchi Gari
3. O Soto Gari
4. O Soto Gari to Harai Goshi
d. Left inside Grip to “Whizzer” right hand grip.
1. Cloth line Ko Uchi Gari
2. Uchi Mata (right side)
3. Tai Otoshi (right side)
4. O Soto Gari from Hell (right side)
4. Intergraded personal attack off of the big 4 (attack to off balance)
A: Sleeve grabbed:
1. Pistol grip to pop off
a. Reestablish Cross lapel grip
b. Over the back grip
c. Outside two on one
d. Shoot the double
B: Lapel Grabbed:
1. Armpit pop off to double
2. Pistol Grip Pop off to above set
3. Te Guruma
1. Position, Isolation, Technique
2. Groundwork Transition Drill
3. Throwing to position from the big 4
4. Securing position with your throwing grip, BEFORE hitting the ground
5. Submission from position.
5. Preventing throwing to position.
7. Escaping positions
8. Escaping submissions.
9. Drills to strengthen your ground game
1. The 4 rules
2. Understanding Combatives and the Law
3. Basic Concepts
a. Either someone is holding you or they are not
b. Attempts to get hold of you are “slow” strikes, treat them as such.
c. Unless this is a “control” situation (rare), there will likely be more than one person, and they WILL be armed.
4. Atemi-Waza in today’s world
5. Best Hand Strikes
6. Best Kicks
7. Defenses from the front
8. Defenses from the rear
9. The Tripp system of handgun disarms
10. Drills to train self-defense concepts
Day Two: MMA
A. Understanding the difference between NHB and MMA
B. What is the best system for MMA?
C. Techniques and concepts
1. Kicking in MMA, neglected concepts
2. Counter kicking, kicking to close the gap and clinch
3. Kicking to the shoot
4. Takedown or slam? The Sambo approach.
5. Tie ups that work
6. Failed Clinch or takedown: Punch Outs
7. Passing the half guard and guard in mma
8. Escapes and Counters
9. The mma guard, why it’s different
10. The mma mount.
Posted On:4/13/2009 3:11pm
Style: BJJ, mma
I'm still on my way. Got mah hotel booked and everything.
Is there usually rolling in these seminars to try and pressure test some of the stuff we learn, or is it usually all techniques?
Articles and Reviews
Tools and Info