Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/15/2009 4:24pm

Style: N/A

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Suggestions for buying ammo in Bulk

I've been looking around for a decent place to buy bulk ammo. Anyware beteen 500-1000 rounds at a time. .357 158 grain and or .38s. I was wondering if any of you might know of a good place to purchase in bulk, or if you at least know where I should avoid. Much appreciated.

Remmy

Posted On:
    2/15/2009 4:59pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The usual answer is Cheaper Than Dirt, and I've found them to be reliable and prompt. I also like Double Tap Ammo, but that's mostly because they sell upper-end 10mm loads, and that's not what you are looking for. Still, their loads are of very good quality, and worth considering.

I've seen a lot of delivery delays from ammunition suppliers lately. There is quite a rush on at the moment, especially in buying ammunition for firearms which may be at risk of banning, especially semiautomatics. .38 and .357 are probably not on that list, but given the current surge in demand, deliveries may be slow.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/15/2009 5:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cy Q. Faunce, thank you for your reply. And no, I don't think .357 or .38s are on that list either, though I have already considered that it may be slow. I'm not in any particular rush, but I do want to see what I can get at the moment. I will definatly look at both of them. Again, thanks for your suggestion.

Remmy

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/21/2009 2:47am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I recommend gun-deals.com, they have a pretty up to date list of deals.
    Smoke crack and worship Satan.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    2/21/2009 11:31am

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    2/21/2009 11:57am

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I usually purchase through http://outdoormarksman.com/ and have also purchased from http://midwayusa.com/ and http://ammoman.com/.
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Originally Posted by chuey
    ...Well **** if that isn't the most anti-Mr. Miyagi **** I have heard in ages.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but
    Three rights make a left.

Posted On:
    2/21/2009 12:05pm

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    I hate Wolf Ammo. Its terrible quality. Jams up everything I feed it to. I stick with Blazer brass from wal-mart when I want some quick, cheap ammo.
    "Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this." - 山本 常朝

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    2/21/2009 12:10pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce View Post
    The usual answer is Cheaper Than Dirt, and I've found them to be reliable and prompt. I also like Double Tap Ammo, but that's mostly because they sell upper-end 10mm loads, and that's not what you are looking for. Still, their loads are of very good quality, and worth considering.

I've seen a lot of delivery delays from ammunition suppliers lately. There is quite a rush on at the moment, especially in buying ammunition for firearms which may be at risk of banning, especially semiautomatics. .38 and .357 are probably not on that list, but given the current surge in demand, deliveries may be slow.
    Actually, the shortage of ammo has been going on for the last couple of years. I was the Vendor Performance Coordinator for the State of Texas up until August of last year and had been working with the state's suppliers on delivery problems for quite some time. According to the suppliers, the manufacturers give their military contracts top priority (as should be the case), which means that production of ammo for state and local LEO is second and for the civilian market third. Because of the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, military demand for ammo has been extremely high, which has cut into their ability to supply the LEO and civilian communities. Production schedules for LEO contracts are six to twelve weeks from receipt of order, depending on the demand from the military at the time of order.

Also, because of the construction boom in China in addition to demand from the military, component metals, especially brass, are in short supply (read about the rash of copper thieves in the last couple of years?).
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    2/21/2009 12:14pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by zaohu View Post
    I hate Wolf Ammo. Its terrible quality. Jams up everything I feed it to. I stick with Blazer brass from wal-mart when I want some quick, cheap ammo.
    It's the lacquer coated steel cases. The lacquer starts to melt a bit and get sticky when the chamber of your firearm heats up. Not a problem if your firearm has a loose chamber (e.g. AK-47), but if you have a tight chamber, like most high quality firearms do, it will jam.
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/21/2009 4:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I don't recall the name of the ammo I've been using, I'll look next time I go to the range; but in my looking around for bulk ammo, I've found the range doesn't charge as much as half the places I've looked at. I get a box (50 rounds) of .357 158 grain for $18.50 USD. Which is about .37 cents a bullet. I did check out ammoman not long ago where they had 1000 rounds of Federal .357 158 grain for $375 which is .37-38 cents a round, and the cheapest I've crossed so far.

I can say the ammo I get at the Range, I've put about 100 rounds or more through my Ruger every time I go, and this last time I put 250 through it, never had a problem. I'll see what name it is. But if you all know of ammo any cheaper then that, I'll be sure to take a look.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast