Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Putting the "ow" back in "flowery technique"

Posted On:
    5/05/2009 3:34pm

Style: CMA, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    RIISSSSSSSSSSEEEEE thread! Rise from the grave!

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    5/05/2009 11:44pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SEIUCHIN111 View Post
    Hey, I’m a physician, so listen.
    Credentials, please.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2009 11:52pm

Style: MT noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    like playing the piano (if you’re a fag).
    Your so macho, real men don't play pianos.

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    5/06/2009 7:16am

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Onr3e View Post
    Your so macho, real men don't play pianos.
    It's true. Real men play saxophone and sing lead vocals.

YouTube - The Lost Boys Buff Guy Playing Sax

Piano is for fags

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/06/2009 10:07am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Isshinryu, JKD, Taiji

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jake McClintock, MD
    Medical school: UAMS in Little Rock, AR
    Residency: TTUHSC Family Medicine Department (I'm a second year resident)

- Who cares, the information is true... look it up! (maybe not the piano fag thing)

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    5/06/2009 10:24am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    - Who cares, the information is true... look it up! (maybe not the piano fag thing)
    We care.

Please provide the links which support your position.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/06/2009 2:19pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, I’ve actually done some research on this subject when I was conditioning my hands in Karate, here are a few of the articles that I have read regarding healing and conditioning of the bodies joints, ligaments, tendons, and bones. However, the majority of my information comes from my clinical experience in dealing with sports medicine issues, my training in physiology, and personal experience with knuckle hardening in the Dojo and issues noted in boxing.

Articles supporting my stance on sports injuries:

- Mazur, LJ, Yetman, RJ, Risser, WL. Weight-training injuries: Common injuries and preventative methods. Sports Med 1993; 16:57.
    - Bynum, EB, Barrack, RL, Alexander, AH. Open versus closed chain kinetic exercises after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: A prospective randomized study. Am J Sports Med 1995; 23:401.
    - Eccentric calf muscle training in athletic patients with Achilles tendinopathy. Maffulli N, Walley G, Sayana MK, Longo UG, Denaro V. Disabil Rehabil. 2008;30(20-22):1677-84. PMID: 18608370 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    - Competitive water polo. Upper extremity injuries.
    Colville JM
    , Markman BS. Clin Sports Med. 1999 Apr;18(2):305-12, vi. PMID: 10230566 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    - Boxer's knuckle. Traumatic disruption of the extensor hood. Hame SL, Melone CP Jr. Hand Clin. 2000 Aug;16(3):375-80, viii. PMID: 10955211 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    - Acute and overuse injuries correlated to hours of training in master running athletes. Knobloch K, Yoon U, Vogt PM. Foot Ankle Int. 2008 Jul;29(7):671-6. PMID: 18785416 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    - [Arm injuries due to sport climbing] Bruens ML, Dobbelaar P, Koes BW, Coert JH. Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd. 2008 Aug 16;152(33):1813-9. Review. Dutch. PMID: 18783158 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    - Spontaneous rupture of extensor pollicis longus tendon in a kick boxer. Lloyd TW, Tyler MP, Roberts AH. Br J Sports Med. 1998 Jun;32(2):178-9. PMID: 9631230 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    - Incidence and severity of injuries resulting from amateur boxing in Ireland. Porter M, O'Brien M. Clin J Sport Med. 1996 Apr;6(2):97-101. PMID: 8673583 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    - The damaging punch. Atha J, Yeadon MR, Sandover J, Parsons KC. Br Med J (Clin Res Ed). 1985 Dec 21-28;291(6511):1756-7. PMID: 3936571 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Articles supporting my stance on tendon/ligament/joint/bone conditioning:

- Repair and rehabilitation of extensor hallucis longus and brevis tendon lacerations in a professional dancer.Bronner S, Ojofeitimi S, Rose D. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2008 Jun;38(6):362-70. Epub 2008 Jan 22. PMID: 18515958 PubMed
    - Comparison of two methods of controlled mobilisation of repaired flexor tendons in zone 2. Kitis PA, Buker N, Gokalan Kara I. Scand J Plast Reconstr Surg Hand Surg. 2009 Apr 28:1-6. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 19401935 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
    - Microsurgical one-stage repair of hand flexor tendon injuries and rehabilitation: a report of 97 cases] Lin YB, Feng EY, Zhang YY, Xiao LL, Li RB, Li P, Cai CW. Zhongguo Gu Shang. 2009 Mar;22(3):214-5. Chinese. PMID: 19366109 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    - A six-week hand exercise programme improves strength and hand function in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Brorsson S, Hilliges M, Sollerman C, Nilsdotter A. J Rehabil Med. 2009 Apr;41(5):338-42. PMID: 19363566 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    - Ex vivo mechanical loading of tendon. Asundi K, Rempel D. J Vis Exp. 2007;(4):209. Epub 2007 May 28. PMID: 18979013 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    - Achilles tendinopathy. Cook JL, Khan KM, Purdam C. Man Ther. 2002 Aug;7(3):121-30. Review. PMID: 12372309 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    - Injury and injury rates in Muay Thai kick boxing. Gartland S, Malik MH, Lovell ME. Br J Sports Med. 2001 Oct;35(5):308-13. PMID: 11579062 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    - [Modification of bone quality by extreme physical stress. Bone density measurements in high-performance athletes using dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry] Sabo D, Reiter A, Pfeil J, Güssbacher A, Niethard FU. Z Orthop Ihre Grenzgeb. 1996 Jan-Feb;134(1):1-6. German. PMID: 8650989 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    - [Effect of participation in certain types of sports on the hand bones of adolescents and youth] Kornev MA. Arkh Anat Gistol Embriol. 1980 Feb;78(2):5-9. Russian. PMID: 7387423 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    - [Effect of systematic participation in boxing on the maturation of hand bones in young boxers] Zemina NV. Arkh Anat Gistol Embriol. 1980 Feb;78(2):14-8. Russian. PMID: 7387418 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Posted On:
    5/06/2009 2:37pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Seiuchin111, that's a lot of links you got there. Could you maybe narrow it down a bit, refer to one or three, and excerpt some of the text that supports your position? At the moment it's a bit of a firehose filling a teacup--too much information to be useful.
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/06/2009 3:28pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just google them and you can read a short description of each article to get the gist of it. You kind of need to look at all of them to get a good gestalt of the whole issue. Really you need to look it up in a pathophysiology, physiology, or sports medicine book. The issue as it stands has never been fully studied with the gold standard double blind study (which is a good idea and would probably benefit combat sports whatever the findings) its just my personal opinion based on what I understand to be true and what I have empirically experienced and been privy to. That being said, I could definitely be wrong... I just don't think I am.

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    5/06/2009 3:44pm

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can tell you that you're definitely wrong about gloves and wrapping styles not mattering. bad wrapping and cheap gloves position your hands in ways that can make you hurt yourself. I used to have a pair of gloves that would absoultely kill my hands if I tried to hit the bag with them for very long. Changed to a nicer pair of gloves, problem solved.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast