Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2009 2:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Anything ever happen in Phoenix?

I have been uselessly lurking hoping for something to occur in the Phoenix area with no luck. I would be open to trying to organize something from a 2 person get together up to a major event with refreshments included. The major drawbacks are that I don't currently train at gym nor do I know anyone also I suck at all forms of MMA. However I have a working car so I can pick up a few people and can also come up with a small amount of funding if we had to pay a mat fee somewhere. It seems that with the amount of schools we have in the valley there ought to be someway to get a few people together on a Saturday. On a completely side note I'd be interested in getting together with a real MMA'er/BJJ to learn and practice and might even pay them if necessary.

Posted On:
    4/27/2009 5:19am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What's up man? I am currently unable to afford a gym, but I have some mma training. I'm just looking for a group to roll with in the Phoenix area, we could even meet at a park. I am unable to meet with the group that trains on Sundays at Washington park, but if anyone is available on Wed, Thur, Fri, hit me up. I can train in just about any grappling style and wouldn't mind getting in some boxing or kickboxing either.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2009 2:27pm

Style: Kendo, Krotty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's an Arizona Throwdown thread a little down the page which y'all should chime in on, though the most recent activity is mainly centered around my zapping the corpse of the concept of an Arizona throwdown in the throat with a cattle prod.

The most active posters, mainly being metarat and I, are both Tucson-dwellers, though Phoenix isn't too far away to be considered.
    Last edited by ironcastknight; 4/27/2009 2:29pm at . Reason: malarkey

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2009 12:23am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well, I started up at Phoenix fight club primarily doing grappling but they have a super strong muay thai program. The good part is that Saturday 330 to 530 is a true open mat. no fee nothing! you do need to sign a waiver. I've only gone twice to open mat but apparently we get people from Az combat sports and other places that come to roll. to me it fills my needs and soon I will be looking to start taking some of the striking classes. let me know if anyone wants to come and roll or spar and I'll try to make sure I'm there. it is located at rural and elliot in Tempe.

Posted On:
    5/11/2009 3:59am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its unfortunate that I work on Saturdays, I'd love to get into an open mat. If anyone knows of anywhere that does open mats during the week, please let me know.