Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: ARMA presence?

  1. #11
    Phrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 1998
    Location
    Cow Town
    Posts
    19,137
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Love having ARMA guys around here. You guys do a lot to counter the stereotype of the "Martial Arts" being for Sino/Japanophiles.

  2. #12
    JohnnyCache's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,528
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not to mention the stereotype of WMA fans being SCA type high-grade douches


  3. #13

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    220
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Love having ARMA guys around here. You guys do a lot to counter the stereotype of the "Martial Arts" being for Sino/Japanophiles.
    Thanks Phrost.

    It's necessary for people to stop translating Martial Arts as "Stuff from the East" and start translating them as "Stuff to hurt people from all over the violent world".

    Ah, the dreams of us young people.

  4. #14
    JohnnyCache's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,528
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would really like to participate in ARMA but I'm afraid I'd have to found my own group to do so. If the guy from Seattle won't walk across town, I can hardly be blamed for not wanted to drive 9 hours to the closest group I've heard of.


  5. #15

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    220
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache View Post
    I would really like to participate in ARMA but I'm afraid I'd have to found my own group to do so. If the guy from Seattle won't walk across town, I can hardly be blamed for not wanted to drive 9 hours to the closest group I've heard of.
    Round up a handful of other people and call John over for a beginning seminar.

    That's what happened here... It works.

  6. #16
    RoninPimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    1,138
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've read Clement's books and a bunch of the articles on the ARMA site so I'm 100% pure wannabe...therefore; I am an internet expert on WMA.

  7. #17
    DdlR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,802
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IMO ARMA does a lot of good stuff, but they're hardly the only game in town; there are quality HEMA clubs in many cities and an increasing number of smaller centers as well (both in Europe and North America).

  8. #18
    RoninPimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    1,138
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bound to be others as long as scholarship and measurable performance are the guiding principals.

  9. #19
    danniboi07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    626, California
    Posts
    1,250
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HUZZAH!!

    I was on my way to Jian Shu class when I noticed an ARMA Flyer hanging in the Kinesiology building!

    I have often imagined an ARMA presence on campus, but I was always too lazy/busy to reach out to the Orange County group. Thankfully, someone has done the work for me.

    Now if only I wasn't graduating this semester....

  10. #20

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    220
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danniboi07 View Post
    HUZZAH!!

    I was on my way to Jian Shu class when I noticed an ARMA Flyer hanging in the Kinesiology building!

    I have often imagined an ARMA presence on campus, but I was always too lazy/busy to reach out to the Orange County group. Thankfully, someone has done the work for me.

    Now if only I wasn't graduating this semester....
    Well then, no time to lose!

    Even a little training is better than no training.

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO