Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2009 12:21pm

Style: ARMA Scholar, Longsword

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

ARMA presence?

Just a heads up on fellow ARMA members. I'm curious as to where you are, who do you train with etc.

I'm from ARMA Hellas, situated in scenic (NOT) Athens, Greece. We're a good 15-20 people group, and we'll probably add more now that we're changing places. ARMA Hellas has been around since 2004, when Clements first came, but I've been training regularly since 2006 (Though I had missed a lot of practices I shouldn't :( ). I'm currently aiming for Scholar Adept in Longsword the next time JC comes around, probably October this year.

Next area of focus will probably be grappling, I really love unarmed combat.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    2/13/2009 12:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm an ARMAteer wannabe! I've gone to one seminar and practiced with Kat a few times. Maybe some day! I live with a former ARMA instructor and just a stones throw from John Clements so one would think it shouldn't be too difficult to get started...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2009 12:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KidSpatula
    I'm an ARMAteer wannabe! I've gone to one seminar and practiced with Kat a few times. Maybe some day! I live with a former ARMA instructor and just a stones throw from John Clements so one would think it shouldn't be too difficult to get started...
    You live next to Iron Door studio? That's gotta be awesome.

I feel for you, when it's THAT easy to do something, you ALWAYS put it off...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2009 12:40pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I too am an ARMA wannabe. I've applied, but am still waiting to be accepted.

Posted On:
    2/13/2009 3:16pm

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm in ARMA in austin, but right now they meet while i'm at work, so my weapons work will be temporarily shorter and more filipino-y.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2009 4:56pm

Style: Jiu-jitsu & HEMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I live in Portland, Oregon & train with ARMA Portland. It's a small group & tragically lacking anyone of significant rank. We do unarmoured longsword & dagger work along with a lot of Ringen (because I'm obsessed with grappling). I'm probably the best grappler of the group & the weakest swordsman. I keep trying to lure local wrestling & MMA guys to ARMA so that I can stop pretending to be knowledgable about clinch work, but so far no luck.

P.S. I don't look anything like this: :XXknight:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2009 6:20pm

Style: Out of Practice

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I made it to two(?) practice sessions with ARMA Seattle before they relocated to beyond the reach of my pedestrian self. Planning on working with them again, if I ever get a driver's license. . .

That said, not an actual member yet.

Posted On:
    2/18/2009 11:09am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

ARMA

If you want to study European Renaissance & Medieval martial arts in a serious way with a solid training methodology based on actual historical manuals go ahead and join ARMA.
    Do not be a wannabe anymore...become a member!
    I am a Scholar Adept at Longsword from Greece and I have tried different things before I join ARMA. And I am totally satisfied!
    Just start and you will realize yourself....in ARMA we talk less, we act more!

Posted On:
    2/18/2009 11:11am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by odysseus_dallas View Post
    Just a heads up on fellow ARMA members. I'm curious as to where you are, who do you train with etc.

I'm from ARMA Hellas, situated in scenic (NOT) Athens, Greece. We're a good 15-20 people group, and we'll probably add more now that we're changing places. ARMA Hellas has been around since 2004, when Clements first came, but I've been training regularly since 2006 (Though I had missed a lot of practices I shouldn't :( ). I'm currently aiming for Scholar Adept in Longsword the next time JC comes around, probably October this year.

Next area of focus will probably be grappling, I really love unarmed combat.
    Odysseus you are good guy but your waster is too short!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/18/2009 11:49am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by templar9 View Post
    Odysseus you are good guy but your waster is too short!!!
    Freeplay, Magus, anytime.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast