Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: ARMA presence?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    220
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    ARMA presence?

    Just a heads up on fellow ARMA members. I'm curious as to where you are, who do you train with etc.

    I'm from ARMA Hellas, situated in scenic (NOT) Athens, Greece. We're a good 15-20 people group, and we'll probably add more now that we're changing places. ARMA Hellas has been around since 2004, when Clements first came, but I've been training regularly since 2006 (Though I had missed a lot of practices I shouldn't :( ). I'm currently aiming for Scholar Adept in Longsword the next time JC comes around, probably October this year.

    Next area of focus will probably be grappling, I really love unarmed combat.

  2. #2
    Torakaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kaka village
    Posts
    10,642
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm an ARMAteer wannabe! I've gone to one seminar and practiced with Kat a few times. Maybe some day! I live with a former ARMA instructor and just a stones throw from John Clements so one would think it shouldn't be too difficult to get started...

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    220
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KidSpatula
    I'm an ARMAteer wannabe! I've gone to one seminar and practiced with Kat a few times. Maybe some day! I live with a former ARMA instructor and just a stones throw from John Clements so one would think it shouldn't be too difficult to get started...
    You live next to Iron Door studio? That's gotta be awesome.

    I feel for you, when it's THAT easy to do something, you ALWAYS put it off...

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Monroe, La
    Posts
    43
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I too am an ARMA wannabe. I've applied, but am still waiting to be accepted.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    austin, tx
    Posts
    2,436
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm in ARMA in austin, but right now they meet while i'm at work, so my weapons work will be temporarily shorter and more filipino-y.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    499
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I live in Portland, Oregon & train with ARMA Portland. It's a small group & tragically lacking anyone of significant rank. We do unarmoured longsword & dagger work along with a lot of Ringen (because I'm obsessed with grappling). I'm probably the best grappler of the group & the weakest swordsman. I keep trying to lure local wrestling & MMA guys to ARMA so that I can stop pretending to be knowledgable about clinch work, but so far no luck.

    P.S. I don't look anything like this: :XXknight:

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    671
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I made it to two(?) practice sessions with ARMA Seattle before they relocated to beyond the reach of my pedestrian self. Planning on working with them again, if I ever get a driver's license. . .

    That said, not an actual member yet.

  8. #8
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    ARMA

    If you want to study European Renaissance & Medieval martial arts in a serious way with a solid training methodology based on actual historical manuals go ahead and join ARMA.
    Do not be a wannabe anymore...become a member!
    I am a Scholar Adept at Longsword from Greece and I have tried different things before I join ARMA. And I am totally satisfied!
    Just start and you will realize yourself....in ARMA we talk less, we act more!

  9. #9
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by odysseus_dallas View Post
    Just a heads up on fellow ARMA members. I'm curious as to where you are, who do you train with etc.

    I'm from ARMA Hellas, situated in scenic (NOT) Athens, Greece. We're a good 15-20 people group, and we'll probably add more now that we're changing places. ARMA Hellas has been around since 2004, when Clements first came, but I've been training regularly since 2006 (Though I had missed a lot of practices I shouldn't :( ). I'm currently aiming for Scholar Adept in Longsword the next time JC comes around, probably October this year.

    Next area of focus will probably be grappling, I really love unarmed combat.
    Odysseus you are good guy but your waster is too short!!!

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    220
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by templar9 View Post
    Odysseus you are good guy but your waster is too short!!!
    Freeplay, Magus, anytime.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO