Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    2/12/2009 6:29pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

CHICKEN!!!! Why Hast Thou Foresaken Me???

I stumbled across this article the other day:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28677495/

Essentially is stated that you could possibly contract Gastroparesis, a seemingly relatively rare chronic condition that prevents food from properly reaching the digestive tract for proper nutrition.

Is comes from Campylobacter found in the undercooked meat of this lady's entree.

After the news that Peanut Butter will fell you with Salmonella , making a relative vegetarian diet not safe, now this. I realize SOMETHING is going to get you, but damn. It makes me not want to fucking eat anything anymore.

So, this doesn't need to be repeated, but:

Make sure your meat is properly cooked and clean all the counters, your hands and the utensils. If you eat out, check to make sure it is properly cooked.

This kind of stuff just scares the crap out of me.......

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/12/2009 9:58pm

Style: default std

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken
    I stumbled across this article the other day:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28677495/

Essentially is stated that you could possibly contract Gastroparesis, a seemingly relatively rare chronic condition that prevents food from properly reaching the digestive tract for proper nutrition.

Is comes from Campylobacter found in the undercooked meat of this lady's entree.

After the news that Peanut Butter will fell you with Salmonella , making a relative vegetarian diet not safe, now this. I realize SOMETHING is going to get you, but damn. It makes me not want to fucking eat anything anymore.

So, this doesn't need to be repeated, but:

Make sure your meat is properly cooked and clean all the counters, your hands and the utensils. If you eat out, check to make sure it is properly cooked.

This kind of stuff just scares the crap out of me.......
    Well that's chicken sashimi of the menu then.

Although I thought this piece was more concerning
    “About 70 percent of broiler chickens in the United States are fed arsenic at some point,”
    The average person ingests an estimated 8.1 micrograms of arsenic a day from chicken, according to a study from the USDA. And when you add that to the small amounts of arsenic you can be exposed to from other sources, such as drinking water, dust and arsenic-treated wood, a steady diet of chicken could quickly become risky. “Chronic exposure [10 to 40 micrograms a day, research suggests] is associated with an increased risk for skin, bladder and respiratory cancer,” says Caroline Smith DeWaal, food-safety director at the CSPI
    Last edited by Marrt; 2/13/2009 2:06am at .

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/12/2009 11:53pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrt
    Well that's chicken sashimi of the menu then.

Although I thought this piece was more concening
    How else do I prepare for random battles of wits?

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/13/2009 8:29am

supporting member
     Style: Fish Oil

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I ate an entire jar of Smucker's all natural peanut butter last week. The peanut issue was traced to one processing facility. I am pretty sure no peanuts that go into the butter purchased soley as peanut butter were affected.

Only peanuts/peanut butter going into foods containing one of the two.