Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/21/2009 2:11am

Style: BJJ / freestyle wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

indigestion from training?

sorry if it's covered in the big thread, but couldn't really find much on it.

nah, just bumped my training up to at least 2x a day, 4 days a week, and 1x 2 days a week. i'm doing conditioning in the morning, and BJJ at night.

the conditioning training is pretty grueling, i can feel changes in my muscles after only a week of training like this. i like it a lot. the first few days hurt like a bitch, but by now i'm pretty cool with it.

conditioning is a nice mix of pushups, burpees, pullups, dips, GHD situps, back/hip extenders, boxjumps, boxjumps with weights, deadlifts, backsquats, pushpresses, thrusters, rowing, cleans, heavy ball throwing, KB exercises, et al. every day, a new routine my instructor tortures me and a couple other masochists with.

BJJ is about 20 mins conditioning, then technique.

so i do conditioning about 5x a week or so, plus my BJJ. since i started this (used to just do BJJ, with the odd conditioning routine when i could make it) i've been hungry as a ************, and... consequently eating like a ************. i'm shedding weight as well (~185 last week monday, 181.3 today) and i'm generally more energetic and feel more powerful.

but I FART constantly. i'm shitting more often, and while the consistency isn't really a problem, my stool is a bit on the soft side, generally, more than i think it should.

is this normal? just a result of the abrupt increment in food intake? will it go back to normal? or is there something else i should check out?

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    1/21/2009 6:50am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    eat yogurt :)
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    1/21/2009 7:28am

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What are you eating throughout the day? Please be detailed as possible

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/21/2009 12:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well, i generally don't have breakfast (i live far from the city, and the commute is a bitch, so i don't have much time). haven't since i was a kid, so for better or worse, i'm kind of used to it by now.

i do get hungry about 9am, which i normally end up going to a corner fruit salesman on the street and having a couple of bananas. cheap and tasty, and i hear that they have these famed nutrient thingies which are apparently good for people.

conditioning at about 11am or so. as soon as i finish that (have finished at 11:30pm, or at nearly 2pm, depending on how abusive a day it is), i go home and have lunch. the staple lunch here in Dominican Republic is something like white rice, beans, chicken (fried or oven baked) or some other type of meat (fried pork, steak maybe). or other days i'll have pasta, or mashed green plantains (typical dish here) with eggs and sausages. it's generally a carb heavy dish with a protein side of meat.

i generally don't snack in the afternoon, but sometimes i'll sneak in something sweet if i feel like it, or just any snack really. i go to BJJ at about 7:30ish, depending when i can leave the university, and train till 9:45ish generally. afterwards, it's home, and probably a couple of sandwiches, tuna salad, or whatever i can make quickly. i generally try to get something with protein too, like if i feel i haven't had much, i'll fry 2 eggs to go with my sandwiches.

btw, i was recently tested for a bunch of ****, and post-training transformation (+60lbs lighter, and i've gained muscle, so it's even more fat than that) i'm pretty damn healthy. my bad cholesterol is pretty low, my good one is off the charts, and everything is in order.

another note, i'm not sure, but i think, based on the recent activity, my stool may have been greenish lately as well.

edit: i'm also drinking massive amounts of water, generally take a multivitamin tablet every day, and also often drink 1 gatorade after training, blue or purple (which might have to do with green ****?)
    Last edited by ronaldk; 1/21/2009 12:05pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/22/2009 5:21pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It sounds like you need to get more fiber into your diet. This may be why it is on the soft-side. You need to get 25-35g of fiber per day and it looks like you may be get a little over half.

Getting probiotics (such as yogurt, as stated by Teh El Macho) into your system is also a good thing. It will help regulate you digestive system.

Hope that helps.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2009 9:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oi! been getting some yogurt in me (the kind you drink), i think it's helping. my stomach doesn't make noises any more (it's probably used to the excess food by now) and my stool consistency has gotten better. still though... i'm farting like a maniac.

how much is the right amount of yogurt? i'm drinking about a glass a day.

also, foods that are high on fiber recommendations? i eat mass amounts of white rice as it is, which i believe is high on fiber?

is badder than you

Posted On:
    2/09/2009 9:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldk
    also, foods that are high on fiber recommendations? i eat mass amounts of white rice as it is, which i believe is high on fiber?
    No, sir.

1) Go here.
    2) Search for NDB No: 20446 (Rice, white, long-grain, parboiled, unenriched, dry).
    3) Select "per 100g".

White rice - fiber, total dietary: 2.2g/100g rice

4) Repeat steps 1-3 with NDB No. 20036 (Rice, brown, long-grain, raw)

Brown rice - fiber, total dietary: 3.5g/100g rice

5) Repeat the above steps with NDB No: 20088 (Wild rice, raw).

Wild rice - fiber, total dietary: 6.2g/100g rice

6) Repeat the above step with NDB No: 20038 (Oats)

Oats - fiber, total dietary: 10.6g/100g oats
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/09/2009 10:24pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Long Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Eggs are what do me in. They are good but will leave you gassy. Oh and yogurt goes good with granola. I'm going through the same thing though. Good timing on this thread haha

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2009 10:29am

Style: Mixed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I heard that you use up enzymes when training, those enzymes could be used for digestion. I don't know if it's true or not.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    2/10/2009 10:46am

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullwhip
    I heard that you use up enzymes when training, those enzymes could be used for digestion. I don't know if it's true or not.
    Digestive enzyme levels could be affected by training, but used up? Unless I'm missing something (which is possible), their purpose is to, y'know, digest things. So unless your "workout" involves pounding chili dogs, I think that's a myth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast