Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/03/2009 8:02am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kellyd View Post
    I did a little digging myself last night and talked to Pat L about Helder. And I took alook at Helder's site also.
    1) Helder does not say he has a black belt in BJJ, but he saus he has an "Instructor level" in BJJ. That translates to a purple belt. It was given to him from the head of Gracie JJ in France with whom Helder has been taking lessons from. Pat has gone down there several times in the past year to help Helder teach seminars and to go to gradings with him.
    2) As for the 7th dan, I was mistaken. It was offered to Helder from Prof Morris and Helder refused it. He did not feel it was right at the time or that he was ready for it. he told Prof Morris he felt he was too young at this time for it. Besides as we all more or less know, after 4th dan, most belts are at the discretion of the senior instructors and time lines can be varried. There is a set amount of time but this can be waived with certain conditions.
    3) All this stuff about Helder comes only after his organization beacame a full Federation in Portugal. Funny isn't it.
    I have heard that there are some people from WEBBS there that do not like Helder and are trying to soil his name.. I don't know if that is true but I hope to god no one from WEBBS is that stupid and would try to ruin the organization that way.
    If they are doing such they should back the **** off as I am sure Soke Cheek would not be impressed in any way by it.
    Deception is one thing, but to creat an outright lie is something that would never be forgiven in WEBBS.
    4) There are a few reasons Helder and WEBBS broke apart but I will not get into them here as I don't think it really is anyones business but WEBBS abd Helders....
    I respect both organizations greatly. JJI and WEBBS and have been members of both as well as being a current member of WEBBS but I have been invited to rejoin JJF as well.
    Whoever is doing all this is not doing anything good for either organization.
    As for Mike Carrier. He has not been known as Warriors of God for a while.. His school is UMMA here in Ottawa.
    Heler also won the Paris Open in 2001. Pat has seen the awards and has talked to many instructors that have verified it. Many are not even Helders students or associates.

My participation in this subject is over.
    But for you i will take the time to clarify a few things.
    KellyD, you are doing a good job cleaning Nunes image.
    Congratulations. Maybe he will grant you a degree, maybe you are Nunes or one of his students.
    The man works in Portugal, in a job from 9-5pm how in the hell does he have time to train and teach Jujitsu, Brazilian Jiujitsu in France, Muay Thai, Karate, Judo?...Funny is another forum poster taled about the diferent speed of learning beetween diferent people.

Funny also you mentioned «3) All this stuff about Helder comes only after his organization beacame a full Federation in Portugal. Funny isn't it.»
    That is not true. He is having problems with his credibility in Portugal, where everybody knows him and makes fun of him. Hell kellyD present here to all readers one portuguese Jujitsu Sensei that respects him. Not Mónica Couto from Sakura Ryu, that was his girlfriend, but everybody else doesnt even takes attention of him.
    Why is this guy only 'credible' outside of his country?
    You seem to be very well informed about Helder and JJI matters, as Pat goes, he is Helder student, or Helder grappling teacher, doesnt matter, his information is not neutral.
    He is being investigated by portuguese authorities thats why his official webpage
    http://jujitsuemportugal.no.sapo.pt/
    is the way it is. He invented that there his a smear campaign against him, to hide the fact that probably he will go to court. Check the website and your info sources, you are wrong.
    «Besides as we all more or less know, after 4th dan, most belts are at the discretion of the senior instructors and time lines can be varried. There is a set amount of time but this can be waived with certain conditions.»
    Is it?
    Thats new to me.

«I have heard that there are some people from WEBBS there that do not like Helder and are trying to soil his name.. I don't know if that is true but I hope to god no one from WEBBS is that stupid and would try to ruin the organization that way.
    If they are doing such they should back the **** off as I am sure Soke Cheek would not be impressed in any way by it.
    Deception is one thing, but to creat an outright lie is something that would never be forgiven in WEBBS.
    4) There are a few reasons Helder and WEBBS broke apart but I will not get into them here as I don't think it really is anyones business but WEBBS abd Helders....
    I respect both organizations greatly. JJI and WEBBS and have been members of both as well as being a current member of WEBBS but I have been invited to rejoin JJF as well.
    Whoever is doing all this is not doing anything good for either organization.
    As for Mike Carrier. He has not been known as Warriors of God for a while.. His school is UMMA here in Ottawa.»

Too bad you talk bad of the hand that have feed you. WEBBS and Mike Carrier now are not as good as before?
    You did a good job, now you are exposing yourself calling others stupid and forgeting that Mike was a great Nunes friend, and that Nunes was expelled from WEBBS because, amongst other things, he used the WEBBS name to get paid, when it was supposed to be for free (seminars).
    If you are not Nunes himself, when you say 'here in Ottawa' you are saying that you are an Ottawa canadian, so, probably he gave you a belt, was it?

«Heler also won the Paris Open in 2001. Pat has seen the awards and has talked to many instructors that have verified it. Many are not even Helders students or associates.»

My belly still hurts, from laughing so much. Helder won what? seen the awards?
    Please get your act together.
    In 2001, he was a Judo brown belt, 1st Dan Jujitsu based on false black belt diploma, and his students were defeated all over Portugal. He never was seen on the mat rolling with anyone. This is a delightfull lie.
    Call Joćo Santos, he was the great Helder butt kicker in Portugal.
    http://www.ishinryu.com/dojo_alvalade.shtml

Do you have any hard proof of what you claim?
    Please say who gave him lessons and belts in France so i can check it.
    Come on, get your act together.
    But you made me laugh, thank you.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/03/2009 8:28am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jui jitsu and judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually.. Helder never gave me any belts.. Mine were obtained from Soke Cheek himself.
    I never said anything bad about WEBBS either. I said I have heard that there is a possablility of others from WEBBS that are doing it. I have been with WEBBS since it began and I am true to Soke Cheek. But I do respect other instructors and organizations.
    I have lived in Ottawa all my life and have many contacts and friends in the martial arts world over my years of training.
    And where did I say MIke Carrier was no good??? Where did I say WEBBS was no good..
    Ther more I hear form you and the more I read, the more I believe you are someone with a personal grudge against Helder.. Maybe he passed you by for an exam.
    Maybe his Ex girlfriend's not such a good source to ask anything from.
    Would all your ex girlfriends say possitive things across the board about you?
    ALl I know is that we keep being able to find things to disprove you and you keep comming back with the same things.

AS for Helders ability to teach.. I work 7:30 to 3:30 and I still have time to teach Jiu Jitsu, take judo and study BJJ as well as teach PPCT and expandable baton classes for dorrmen here in Ottawa. As well as teach seminars to other clubs.
    I also have time to hit the gym and be with my family.

Now, as for getting in contact with Joćo Santos. I have looked at his website and I am sure he is am amazing instructor.. Does that mean if I am beaten by another instructor that is higher in an art that I too am no good at what I do?
    He seems to be an advance instructor of the style and since Helder is only a purple belt, I see a little bit of an edge to Joao.
    And was this all in 2001 as well? Did I say what division Helder won in? No.. Maybe it was defensive tactics, maybe sropt jiu jitsu, maybe kata. I am not sure.
    PAt as Helders student. Yes he is now. But Pat was ranked up to 3rd dan under Soke Cheek with me.
    He has only been with Helder for 3 yrs.
    ONe of the reasons I found out that Helder left WEBBS was due to him getting a 5th dan from SOke Morris and WEBBS not recognizing it since at the time, they were doing the grades for him.
    There was some issue raised about him using that belt to teach seminars. He wanted to, WEBBS didn't think it was right ( since seminars were given under the JUKOSHIN RYU banner). They didn't want to have him teach as a 5th dan in our style since they didn't award him the belt. It was then they split ways.

Again as for WEBBS.
    I love the organization and the people in it. I just think it is too bad that there are a few that don't have anything better to do with their time than this. I have written Soke Cheek for information about the issue as well. But I really did not like the idea of bothering him for something this pathetic.
    And it seems to me that you sir, tend to bend things a great deal. "Bite the hand that feeds me"?? WOuld you be trying to stir up trouble there with me and WEBBS as well?
    Sounds like it. WEBBS knows my dedication to it as I have never left it behind me.
    Maybe the MODS of this site would be better off deleting this thread all together so that this might stop.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/03/2009 9:17am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, sir we agree that this thread should be deleted, because now is clear to me who you are.
    Altough is also clear why you want this thread deleted.
    Know i strongly believe that you are Mr. Nunes himself, not only the way you write 'Maybe he passed you by for an exam.' is not gramatically correct, so i must assume that you are not native from an english spoken country.
    Nevermind who you are.
    I have written in February, before you registered in this forum, a letter asking these things.
    I got an answer from Soke Cheek himself.
    If any reader believes that i did not forged out of a grudge :D please contact me in manlobeiro@gmail.com that i will forward it.
    What is you name, please so i can ask Soke Cheek again.
    Tell me about your friends and contacts so that i can check your identity, please.
    His ex girlfriend is still a great friend of his, why do you assume that they are angry, you are not being coherent with your claim that he is a great guy.
    She is the only Jujitsu Sensei that recognizes him as an instructor with credibility, but she dont do seminars with him.
    «AS for Helders ability to teach.. I work 7:30 to 3:30 and I still have time to teach Jiu Jitsu, take judo and study BJJ as well as teach PPCT and expandable baton classes for dorrmen here in Ottawa. As well as teach seminars to other clubs.
    I also have time to hit the gym and be with my family.»

Good for you.
    Bad for me that one day only has 24 hours.
    Joćo Santos is a recent purple belt, wich belt has sensei Nunes?

You forgot to tell me with whom trained Nunes GJJ in France.
    Please tell me in what categories he competed so that i can confirm or not, your claims.

Either you are not well informed or you are lying.
    The reason Nunes was expelled was that also, belonging to WEBBS and accepting degrees from other organizations.
    Did you get answer from Soke Cheek?
    Can you show us?
    I will forward an email to anyone that asks me.

To any MOD reading this:
    This thread can be deleted, but i assure any person that have read it, that what i say is true, and i have given the sources to confirm what i claim.
    Doing so will not increase a grudge i dont have, it will erase the opportunity of any martial artist or any future martial artist to have acess to another side of the story.
    I leave it up to you that decision.
    Cheers

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/03/2009 9:20am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wrong website, this will stay up.

It might be moved out of this sub forum but, it isn't going to be deleted.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/03/2009 9:24am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Correction, Joćo Santos has been a BJJ brown belt for two months.In 2001 he was a white belt.
    I think this thread deserves to stay were it is. Its pure Bulshido, isnt it?
    My apologies for the mistake.
    Last edited by manlobeiro; 4/03/2009 9:37am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/03/2009 10:05am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually I gave you my name and email before as well.. Soke CHeek knows who I am and I am not Helder.. AS I said, I am only a 4th dan.
    AS for saying that you were "Passe by for an exam". It is common here.. Sorry if you do not know that. It is tha same as being passed over.
    I have talled to Soke Cheek and all he would say is "It's a shame". when asked about the situation. Pat L can be contacted at his own email. When I talke dto him, he said he knows who you are and that you are not worth debating this over.
    SO I shall take a lead from him and wont bother with this anymore.
    AS for contactin Soke Cheek.. By all means, please do and tell him Kelly from Ottawa says hello. he and I have been friends since the late 80, early 90's when he was teaching with Soke Morris.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/03/2009 10:17am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    AS for saying that you were "Passe by for an exam". It is common here.. Sorry if you do not know that. It is tha same as being passed over.
    ...and this is why it stays.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/03/2009 10:20am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually I gave you my name and email before as well.. Soke CHeek knows who I am and I am not Helder.. AS I said, I am only a 4th dan.
    I have talled to Soke Cheek and all he would say is "It's a shame". when asked about the situation. Pat L can be contacted at his own email. When I talke dto him, he said he knows who you are and that you are not worth debating this over.
    SO I shall take a lead from him and wont bother with this anymore.
    AS for contactin Soke Cheek.. By all means, please do and tell him Kelly from Ottawa says hello. he and I have been friends since the late 80, early 90's when he was teaching with Soke Morris.
    Dont be offended please. You have any proof of what you say?
    If i am recquired to give proof, i think you should give proof too, dont you agree?
    Well, you have talked with Soke Cheek, ok, forgive me if i say that its just your word.
    Well, either Pat is mistaken, or Pat is a liar, or you are a liar, since i am not knowned in the martial world, i just practice, i have never been with Mr. Pat so, how can he know me?
    I dont know him.
    I did contact Soke Cheek, before you registered in Bullshido, and i got an answer.

From you, i got no answer to the legit questions i presented.
    Come on, please answer.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/03/2009 10:28am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pat told me he knew of you and that you were talking the same stuff for a while now and not to bother as you seem to have a hate on.
    BUt hey.. I have my information as to what I have been told as do you. I have given my full real name and email address and people who know me here and in England that can verify who I am and my rank.. BUt you have given nothing of the sort. NO real name, no school where you study, no organization if you are member of one.
    If you have nothing to gain and are doing this to be honest and have nothing to lose or fear then why not put up your real name and where you study. What school, what style, how long have you studied? how did you manage to get hold of such documents that were considered fakes? I am sure someone else must have a copy of these on a website or organization site to back up the claim.
    Pat and I may not always see eye to eye but I will not hang a man without being 100% sure of what the charges are against him.
    I even told Pat that if this does turn out to be true, I will tell Helder to go F*#& himself hard. Pat agreed with me.
    I really have no reason to doubt Helder and since Soke MOrris gave him his current rank, are you calling SOke Morris a liar??
    And as for a comment you made beforehand, I have never said anyone on here was stupid.
    I also told you that Helder was awarded his BJJ purple belt from the head of Gracie JJ in France.. Look him up and ask him.

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    4/03/2009 10:30am

Style: judo, parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually I gave you my name and email before as well.. Soke CHeek knows who I am and I am not Helder.. AS I said, I am only a 4th dan..
    Hmm, as someone from Ottawa who has never been to a Helder Nunes seminar, nor recieved a belt from him(should I fell left out?), I can verify that Kelly would never be mistaken from Helder. I believe Helder being taller would be one clue, right Kelly?
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 LastLast