Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/08/2009 8:09pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am investigating, i will share my information on this whenever i have it.

Just to inform, on a minor subject.

On Shihan Nunes website, http://jujitsuemportugal.no.sapo.pt (back online, but without info and photos) we can find this announcement :

Jiu Jitsu Brasileiro by Gracie Portugal is by this guy:

http://gracielisboa.blogspot.com/ - João Santos

João Santos is a Portuguese Sensei, of GJJ and traditional Jujitsu, and one of Nunes friends and competitors, along with another female Sensei, Mónica Couto, from
    http://www.sakura-pt.com/equipa-sakura.html

The main point of this is that Sensei Nunes is planning to make a seminar, using the names of people that dont want to go.

We can check it here:
    http://combatportugal.proboards.com/...ead=693&page=2

I will translate a brief piece:
    João Santos

«4) Acerca do cartaz do referido estágio: Seja qual tenha sido a justificação (o aluno enganou-se, trocaram os nomes, ou apareceu ali por magia o meu nome), o que é facto é que o mesmo foi feito sem consentimento, sendo o organizador/dirigente pela actividade, neste caso o Helder, em última instancia, o responsável, tal como um primeiro ministro é responsável pelas suas acções e as dos seus acólitos. Não tendo sido eventualmente um hipotético lapso, é muito mau usar o nome dos outros para motivos próprios sem o seu consentimento, seja para auto-promoçao, ou promoção de um evento de forma a dar-lhe mais credibilidade, ou trazer mais potenciais interessados/inscritos. Além disso, não me parece que em termos legais a situação seja normal. As razões que me levam a não participar a Mónica (que parecve que também não participa no estágio) já as sabe, desde o dia em que me ligou a mencionar o estágio. Como costumo manter-me sossegado no meu lugar, não preciso de tornar isso público, nem colocar no jornal, nem na net, mas quem me conhece sabe ou imagina.»

«4) About the mentioned poster of the seminar: Whatever justification (a mistake by a pupil, confusion about the names, my name come up by magic) the fact is that it was made without consent being the organizer / promoter Helder Nunes responsible just like a prime minister is, by the his and his followers actions.
    Its not a hipotethical mistake, is very wrong to use the names of others for is own purposes without consent, be it for self promotion or promoting an event and for that event is more credible, and / or to bring more people, hence more money, to the event.
    Besides, it seems to me that this situation according to the law, is not normal.
    The reasons why i dont participate are known by Monica( wich will not be in the event either), i usually keep things quiet and for myself, will not say what reasons are, but who knows me, can guess.»

It seems that Shihan Nunes is a very proactive person and uses others to promote his events.

A minor subject, i will keep investigating.
    Cheers

ps: hurry to check the poster, Shihan Nunes can change it or take it off (popup on http://jujitsuemportugal.no.sapo.pt best viewed with Internet Explorer)
    Last edited by manlobeiro; 5/08/2009 8:23pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/09/2009 3:20am

Style: Ju jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gee!

Many conseptions on this man Nunes. Fraud or not?
    Anyway, he is in the list of instructors of the summercap in Lund on Sweden this year.
    I'm going there for sure, not just to see him but see all the other people I got to know there over the years.

Cya there?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/09/2009 6:36am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezdub View Post
    Gee!

Many conseptions on this man Nunes. Fraud or not?
    Anyway, he is in the list of instructors of the summercap in Lund on Sweden this year.
    I'm going there for sure, not just to see him but see all the other people I got to know there over the years.

Cya there?
    Emails, Posters that can be checked in his website, written testimonies from a guy who is relatively well knowned in the Gracie Jiujitsu world, etc., are more than 'conseptions ', i think.

But i understand you. Until now, proven facts, plagiarism and abuse of other people names.

Good seminar in Sweden, greetings to Sensei Karlsson, i invite you to come to the Portugal seminar.

Cheers

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/25/2009 5:37am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Video

Follow up
    In the event Jujitsu Explosion, hosted by Shihan Helder Nunes, there was a interesting thing...
    He had 'only' a black belt.
    Someone had put him in his place, now in Portugal he 'only' uses a black belt...

Abroad, has nobody kicked his ass yet, he still uses Morris gift belt.

Nunes school is the only jujitsu school in the video, portuguese Jujitsu teachers dont want to have anything to do with him.

Enjoy

YouTube - Jujitsu Mr. Helder Nunes

Posted On:
    9/25/2009 2:05pm

Style: Judo Sandbagger

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Manny,

You are still on the case? Do you know if he is scheduled to come back to Canada anytime soon? His site is not clear what he is doing, so if you hear anything, give me a heads up- k?

KO'd
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910