Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    2/09/2009 9:03pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you are looking for a place to train there is a new club on campus called GW Close Combat. Its still being registered (paperwork should be finalized this week).

Here is the Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=44049419999

GW Close Combat is a no-gi club primarily for self-defense rather then competition. However, it does teach jujutsu, primary no-gi throws, fair amount of ground work as well as knife work and defense.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/09/2009 9:20pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually really want to compete in mma, but I don't know how well that will work out seeing that I cant put in everyday to train due to school... and I don't want to just try competing in mma without putting in my best efforts, regardless of if its amateur or not... but hopefully that works out. General training is great too, I suppose, but again, I don't know how well that will work with what I want to do.

But as for this club, I did not know it was being formed... but hopefully mine won't affect the formation or function of this club, and vise versa....
    Last edited by GeneralMcNugget; 2/09/2009 9:22pm at .

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    2/09/2009 9:35pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Send me you email if you like to be on the GW Close Combat list. We already have a certified instructor, 9 members, and 99% of the paperwork and the required meetings attended. Once we having a permanent place to train squared away we will submit the budget (probably this week). Then we just need to be approved by the Univ.

If you need another student to sign up for your club (unless you have the 5 member minimum already) let me know.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2009 10:43pm

Style: MuayThai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralMcNugget
    Actually, I went to Lloyd Irvin's Crazy 88 in Elkridge before coming here, and when I asked them about any nearby Schools, they told me to go to you guys (NoVA MMA). The problem was that I was unsure of the difficulty it would be to get there, and that I forgot the name so I couldn't look it up... But that sounds awesome, doesn't sound too hard to get to either... Is there a quick way on Metro? Like can I stop into Rosslyn and walk from there, or would that take too long?
    If you take the Orange Line from Foggy Bottom, you would take it to the Courthouse Metro, which is like 2 or 3 blocks from the gym

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2009 11:36pm

Style: n/a

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralMcNugget
    Ah... so is this club a part of Georgetown? Or its just a general club that holds its practices on the Georgetown campus? I mean I guess this is good and all seeing that I've only done MT and BJJ, and I've really been wanting to get some Judo in. But in all honesty, I really wanted to get something started here for the convenience of myself, in addition to others that want to do this... But I'll definitely check with them.
    Their dojo is on campus...Yates Field House.
    And it will cost you nothing (few years back it was some $30/semester).

Best

Tomas

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2009 11:33am

Style: Heal-Jitsu..yet again :-(

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another option is www.jeffgordonmma.com in Gaithersburg, MD
    they offer boxing, muay thai, wrestling, judo, mma, bjj, krav maga and crossfit classes. school has both a boxing ring and a cage.
    i take the boxing, muay thai, wrestling and krav classes at this school so i can vouch for it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2009 12:29pm

Style: MuayThai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who coaches the Muay Thai at Jeff Gordon's these days?

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    2/10/2009 3:39pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's also my place, LA Boxing at Arlington and Alexandria. The Arlington location is half a block from the Clarendon metro and the Alexcandria one four blocks from Braddock Road metro. I think 120$ a month for unlimited Muay Thai, Boxing, Grappling and MMA classes plus free anytime use of the machines and weights. We've turned out some MMA fighters. Neither of those locations, however, is technically in DC and i'm one of the most experienced grapplers there.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Lightweight

Posted On:
    2/10/2009 3:58pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     Founder of College Park Mixed Martial Arts Style: BJJ, San Shou, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Georgetown judo club is incredibly pimpin. The lead instructor is all sorts of oooold school Judo and a lot of the people who train there have international competition experience. It is also the cheapest option.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2009 8:04pm

Style: n/a

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdean
    The Georgetown judo club is incredibly pimpin. The lead instructor is all sorts of oooold school Judo and a lot of the people who train there have international competition experience. It is also the cheapest option.
    Word!

I bet they'd be proud to hear that their club is "pimpin"...!!
    :)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast