NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    3/16/2010 10:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZ View Post
    I'd have to have a look at the Swamp Thing # 1 just to confirm the grade..I'll let you know via PM and send you a pic..
    About those 90's Demon comics, I actually do have a few of those kicking around..do you know the issue #'s you are looking for?
    He's a neat character..but those comics aren't huge sellers so they are pretty cheap.
    I have the issue before it around here somewhere. I can figure the # from that. I do remember it's 2x sized.

Thanks!
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/21/2010 8:42pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm just putting feelers out at the moment, thinking about something nice for my dad's birthday next year. Does anyone have any nice conditioned Carl Barks Scrouge McDuck stuff?

Posted On:
    4/28/2010 10:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool thread.

I have I think about 100 comics myself from when I was younger. Only 15 to 20 years old. They are mostly X-Men and Spiderman as that was what I liked the most when I was a kid. They've been sitting mostly in a box. Is there a way I can figure out how much they are worth each online? Or would I have to list each 1 to you? Also how much would comics usually trade for compared to their worth assuming they are in near mint condition?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/11/2010 6:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis17 View Post
    Cool thread.

I have I think about 100 comics myself from when I was younger. Only 15 to 20 years old. They are mostly X-Men and Spiderman as that was what I liked the most when I was a kid. They've been sitting mostly in a box. Is there a way I can figure out how much they are worth each online? Or would I have to list each 1 to you? Also how much would comics usually trade for compared to their worth assuming they are in near mint condition?
    Dude, get a price guide..I don't have the time to check them all for you.
    But I'll tell you off the hop..any thing X-Men or Spidey from the late 80's and up are not worth much unless they are a key book of some kind (1st app. or rare dealer's edition).Even then, there's only a handful that are worth more than $20.00.
    Only comics from the 1970's and before are truly valuable.And condition is everything..
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Posted On:
    1/31/2011 6:31am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: boilkiplilemo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Comic Books Buy Sell Trade

This bat is not even broken in yet and is returnable. Would like to trade for a 27oz maxload Miken MV-1, Psycho, SE Psycho, or DC Psycho Returnable Thanks. Call, message or txt if interested Thanks. 863-412-7904
    I would like to just trade first, but if I had to sell, 175 takes it thanks

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/27/2012 9:08am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've sold a lot of stuff over the past year..most of the key books I was selling are gone now.
    This year I am considering getting rid of all my horror stuff..mainly Bronze Age titles like Tomb of Dracula, The Frankenstein Monster, House of Mystery, I even have a couple of the old EC Horror titles kicking around.
    Always open for business..just pm me a want list.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/05/2012 7:54am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I recently bought an auction lot and have almost all the Knightfall books , and Vengeance of Bane 1( 1st app. of Bane) and 2 ..just in time for the movie this summer.
    Get' em while they are hot..

Posted On:
    12/11/2012 11:42pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want to buy some comics for my kids but don't know where to start. I know this may be a bit different from the niche or collector stuff, but any ideas of good comics for kids about 10 yo?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/16/2012 2:57pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kick-butt View Post
    I want to buy some comics for my kids but don't know where to start. I know this may be a bit different from the niche or collector stuff, but any ideas of good comics for kids about 10 yo?
    It depends..
    Boy or girl ?
    I am not a fan of ' funny animal' comics, personally.This includes titles like Donald Duck, Andy Panda and that kind of crap. Nor do I really care for Archies..these are two staples of the 'comics for kids' bins you see around most stores.
    I'd recommend Spidey as far as super heroes go. He's pretty kid-friendly and there are lots of older titles that can be had for cheap prices.
    Cheap back issues are the way to go for kids who don't have the collector mentality down. Try to find 3 for $1 sales at local shops or bargain bins.
    Newer comics are too expensive for kids that age. Maybe the odd one here or there, but at $3-$6 a piece ? Just wasting money if you ask me.
    Always best to just take your young one and let them do the digging, they'll be attracted to certain covers and find out what they like on their own.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2012 6:05pm

Style: jkd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Comic books are now like 4 or 5 dollars for only about 20 page issues. I'd take a look at whatever series your planning on buying, as a lot of comics include nudity, or close to it now, and varying levels of violence.
    I'd recommend The Shadow. It's a redo of the old radio show and pulp magazines, about a psychic vigilante who laughs insanely while shooting to death or otherwise slaughtering hordes of criminals.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast