Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2009 10:34pm

Style: Wrestling/BJJ/Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

pleaseee let me know what you think

So basicaly here's my story. Im 16 and after this years wrestling season im done wrestling for good. I currently weight 140 pounds my goal of this program is to weight in the 160-170 range with a muscular look and decent cardio. I have been doing bjj for over a year on the side with wrestling after this season i want to focus just on bjj and start boxing. I do both of these for fun and self defense so dont tell me its not a good idea to gain weight for boxing or bjj. In boxing we do a lot of cardio and skipping so its hard on the legs so that's why i don't do very much leg work in my workouts.Oh and im not new to working out and have a pretty good work capacity.

My plan

Monday
    7:30 BJJ

Tuesday
    boxing

Wednesday
    2:30 weights
    7:30 Bjj

Thursday
    Boxing

Friday
    Weights

Saturday
    Rest

Sunday
    possibly boxing (if i don't work)
    Weights at night

When i say weights my workouts will look something like this changing week by week
    Wed
    Bench press 3setsx5reps two minutes between sets
    Triceps extentions 3setsx15reps
    Over head press 3x8
    Latteral raises 3x10
    Leg extensions 3x20

Friday
    Pull ups 3x5(weighted)
    Curls 3x 15
    Db Rows 3x8
    Lower back exercise
    Hamstring curls 3x20

Sunday
    Sets of 15-20 reps with different combination of these exercises
    Curls
    Bench press
    Overhead press
    pull ups
    Rows
    Squats
    Leg extensions
    Various core exercises
    etc

My diet will include a lot of tuna,whole wheat bread,protein bars,chicken,fruits,water and milk for calories, i will eat 150-165 grams of protein a day.I will possibly try creatine and/or beta alanine.

Thanks for reading what do you guys think any criticism welcome.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    2/05/2009 10:45pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For your weight training, use the StrongLifts 5x5 (see the link in my signature) or get "Starting Strength 2nd" by Rippetoe and follow the program in the book.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    2/05/2009 10:47pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't quit wrestling. Do all 4 years, it's the best free training you will ever have in your life.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/05/2009 11:31pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmmm...
    "I currently weight 140 pounds my goal of this program is to weight in the 160-170 range with a muscular look and decent cardio."

When I was your age some friends and I had a workout plan not so different from yours in some ways both in goals and in methods. If we'd been totally honest with ourselves we'd have admitted that 95% of our motivation was to get girls, and spent more time hanging out where the girls are and learning to talk to them rather than trying to get more buff(which was largely unsuccessful). If I had to do high school over again, I'd spend more time learning social skills with girls directly and less time worrying about being a bad ass in ways most girls don't relate to anyway. Maybe you beat the girls away with a stick and this has nothing to do with you...just a thought.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2009 11:40pm

Style: Wrestling/BJJ/Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Haha man its funny how almost accurate you post is. I used to want to be a bad ass and fight mma. Know i like to party and have a good time. I tottaly am trying to create the best social skills i can and get good with the girls. However my motivation to box and do BJJ is not to be bad ass. It is firstly i like to scrap(not in the street) and very much enjoy martial arts. Also i want to be able to protect myself and friends from drunk idiots at partys if walking away just isint an option. The motivation to gain the weight is about 50% girls 15% Tougher and 35% self confidence.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/06/2009 12:45am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool. Yeah, well I certainly did not mean to knock martial arts or being a bad ass or even weight lifting--I just advocating balance, and have learned over the years exactly how little girls(women) care about what we do for fun. A middle aged guy in my judo club who's been doing judo pretty much forever and grew up in Japan and he said him and his friends were again and again disappointed in high school by how little any of the girls cared about their judo matches.