Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Posted On:
    3/01/2009 2:13pm

Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If they extended the elevated platform out 5 feet from the ropes on all sides (for a ring 16' across the platform would be 26' across) 99% of this **** wouldn't happen. Standard ring only has 24" outside the ropes.

My second fight I stuffed a shot up close to the ropes and wound up going under the ropes and off the platform durning the sprawl. I snagged one of the apron hooks and wound up with 11 stiches. On top of busting the nose of one of the ringside table spectators with my foot.

MMA is fucking boxing. Quit using boxing equipment.
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1

Posted On:
    3/17/2009 6:02am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    that they may be but falling out of the ring sucks. not to mention it hurts and some dickwad judges sometimes give it to the guy who pushes you out as a bonus? wtf??????? relatively closely placed vertical restrainers on the ropes do the job without turning it into a cage. peace

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2009 12:37am

Style: JKD/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the plexiglass ring has been mentioned before and i think it's perfect. it gives better visibility than either the cage or the ring, it provides the security needed by clinchers, and it allows cameras to get any angle of the action.

that said, what about a six foot deep pit? You know having animals or people fight in pits was the oldest form of gambling. It's also the origin of the term "pitted against each other" and "pit boss". And then you could say you are a pit fighter instead of a cage fighter.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234