Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2009 6:55pm

Style: The Sweet Science

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If it's only been two weeks since you quit smoking then you're still in the hard part of kicking the addiction. Personally quiting smoking made me such an ass-hole that at least one old friend stopped talking to me and a lot of others avoided me until I settled down. My take on this is that it's a combination of your temper being out of control because you're still breaking the addiction and the fact that your conditioning is significantly below the base-line for the class. My guess is that if you keep at it you will eventually be in good enough shape to handle the class and that will take care of the problem. Snake does have a point that this is YOUR problem, not the class's.

Posted On:
    2/06/2009 7:00pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I'm new to this forum and once again I'm disappointed by peoples attacks on each other.
    At our Judo club we teach our kids a code of conduct, COURAGE, HONOUR, MODESTY, FRIENDSHIP,
    SELF CONTROL, POLITENESS, SINCERITY. If our kids can go by these surely a bunch of adults can grasp them.
    Remember if you have nothing helpful to say then use self control and say nothing. I'm all for debates but when things get personal it's time to move on!

Thanks
    Last edited by Gravity; 2/06/2009 7:02pm at .

is badder than you

Posted On:
    2/06/2009 7:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravity
    Well I'm new to this forum and once again I'm disappointed by peoples attacks on each
    other.
    At our Judo club we teach our kids a code of conduct, COURAGE, HONOUR, MODESTY, FRIENDSHIP,
    SELF CONTROL, POLITENESS, SINCERITY. If our kids can go by these surely a bunch of adults can grasp them.
    Remember if you have nothing helpful to say then use self control and say nothing. I'm all for debates but when things get personal it's time to move on!

Thanks
    You asked for advice from us about treating/avoiding bruises. I (and several other posters here) made a sincere attempt to provide good advice to you.

I did not ask for advice from you - about how to post here, or about anything else. As such, your post is unhelpful, and so you should follow your own precept and keep it to yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

...has all your Jing.

Posted On:
    2/06/2009 7:06pm

Style: Judo, baby! Yeah!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Russ, permit me to do push ups in your honour sir!!
    "So, yeah, Zen teachers may well insult you, work you to the bone, hit you with sticks, shout verbal abuse at you, and punch the **** out of you.
    And when the ****'s been punched out of you, you might just find that you're far better-off without it." - Vieux Normand

"So in short, BJJ wins again. BJJ, and chainmail." - TheMightyMcClaw

"On bullshido, your opinions are not sacred, neither are your feelings." - Scrapper

"You entered the lions' den. Don't bitch if you get eaten." - danniboi07

"Needless to say, it's much easier to clear a bunch of drunk kids out of your house when you're yelling GTFO and carrying a samurai sword." - DerAuslander

"Eventually, I realized it doesn't matter what art you train, what matters is the method in which you train. Training in an alive manner, under skilled and qualified instruction, is the single most important aspect of gaining martial skill. All else is window dressing." - JNP : Saying it how it is!

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/06/2009 7:20pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Remember if you have nothing helpful to say then use self control and say nothing.
    Thanks
    Go read The Russ' post a few times please.

You are welcome.

Posted On:
    2/06/2009 7:22pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuss
    You asked for advice from us about treating/avoiding bruises. I (and several other posters here) made a sincere attempt to provide good advice to you.

I did not ask for advice from you - about how to post here, or about anything else. As such, your post is unhelpful, and so you should follow your own precept and keep it to yourself.
    And I appreciated your help in the thread I posted, you and others gave me good helpful info and that is what it's all about. No one attacked me on that thread for my posts, thanks

I will crawl back in my box now.:sad:

Weak

Posted On:
    2/06/2009 7:29pm

Join us... or die
     Style: No longer training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SELF CONTROL, POLITENESS, SINCERITY.
    We are at least being SINCERE.

Nothing against Romp but he has a few things he has going against him (weight, age, out of training for a while, kicked a smoking habit). The water thing is silly and I see no problem having a sip during training but when you're on the mat you listen to the instructor or leave.

Romp - You should get a month gym membership, get back into a healthy mode of living (drink lots of water, exercise, eat well, no smoking). By then it will be autumn and you can get back to the BJJ. Get a med cert for a month and give it to the club so you don't lose your $$.
    "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

is badder than you

Posted On:
    2/06/2009 7:30pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And I appreciated your help in the thread I posted, you and others gave me good helpful info and that is what it's all about. No one attacked me on that thread for my posts, thanks

Please note that you're quite welcome to ask more questions about physical training, diet, and health in this forum, so long as you've 1) reviewed the sticky threads (they're the ones at the top of this list) and 2) made a reasonable attempt at research (e.g. using the search function, maybe visiting Wikipedia or Google, etc.).

However, there is an appropriate time and a place for metadiscussion about the nature of Bullshido. This is not it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/06/2009 7:31pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There were two personal attacks in this thread. Both attacks were leveled by the OP. So, lecturing people on their response is your prerogative.

Thins is, you'll get marginal support if any.

If you are disappointed, you are going to hate this website.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    2/06/2009 7:34pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

That is probably because you didn't argue with an instructor and then anonymously e-mail the Senior instructor complaining about the way a KNOWN competitive club handled their snack schedule.....after soliciting advice on a website.

And I don't recall anyone giving the advice "anonymously e-mail the club owner and complain about his instructors".

Here's a novel suggestion:

Quit trying to prove the Blue Belt wrong and start trying to prove him right.

You will only be a better man for it.
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 LastLast