Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/06/2009 4:04am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ / Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily
    Snake has Downs' Syndrome, please excuse him.
    That explains a bit.

Back on topic, no need for an anonymous email, you have the right to not be villified for simply stating that you were not happy with the way things were run. In MA I find its better to be upfront, no need to hide your identity with a potential instructor etc. But anyway, hope you keep at it and summer will at least be over soon!
    Perhaps this is a good thing :

Hello

This is a courtesy email to let you know that your email was not delivered.
    This is because the person's Email Box you are sending the email is full.
    He never received it. I won't be sending it again.
    Last edited by Romp; 2/06/2009 4:07am at .

Weak

Posted On:
    2/06/2009 4:19am

Join us... or die
     Style: No longer training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank God.
    "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Prophet of Apathy

Posted On:
    2/06/2009 4:49am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not being allowed to drink at all during class sounds like some misguided Brazilian machismo if you're training where I think you're training.

Not being allowed to drink except in a quick mandated break is just common sense so that everyone gets the most out of training.

But if you're committed to that school you just have to suck it up and deal with it. You're not going to change their policy and going on about it is just going to get you marked down as an attitude problem.

Stiff **** eh. I'll be thinking of you tommorrow when it hits 42 and I'm enjoying a cool refreshing water.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/06/2009 4:55am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bornsceptic
    Not being allowed to drink at all during class sounds like some misguided Brazilian machismo if you're training where I think you're training.

Not being allowed to drink except in a quick mandated break is just common sense so that everyone gets the most out of training.

But if you're committed to that school you just have to suck it up and deal with it. You're not going to change their policy and going on about it is just going to get you marked down as an attitude problem.

Stiff **** eh. I'll be thinking of you tommorrow when it hits 42 and I'm enjoying a cool refreshing water.
    I hate to break your heart, but I'm not heading it until after the weekend for that very reason.
    Sorry about that.

Weak

Posted On:
    2/06/2009 7:50am

Join us... or die
     Style: No longer training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Somehow I don't think bornsceptic gives a flying ****.

Romp - I've noticed that you haven't brushed the chip from that incident of your shoulder. If this is going to defeat you, give up now.
    "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/06/2009 8:02am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Somehow I don't think bornsceptic gives a flying ****.

Romp - I've noticed that you haven't brushed the chip from that incident of your shoulder. If this is going to defeat you, give up now.
    I'm simply replying to people.
    Thread seems to be going both off-track and aggressive from it's original constructive tone.

Also, this incident occurred a whole of 1 day ago.

Cheers.

-edit-

**** it, I wash my hands of this now.
    In the end, if the gym does not work out for me, I'll try somewhere else.
    For now, I'll give it my all and see how I go.

Ciao.
    Last edited by Romp; 2/06/2009 8:10am at .

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    2/06/2009 8:41am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Romp
    Hey fucktard, here's the bite you've been so patiently waiting for over the last few times you've attempted/failed to troll this thread. I'll be the first to dignify your dribble with a response.
    What exactly is your complication?
    You sure are full of "Righteous Indignation" aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Romp
    He never received it. I won't be sending it again.
    Or not. Perhaps I spoke too soon.

Listen you fucking whiny ass bitch:

YOU are making the water thing THEIR problem.....it isn't. It's YOUR fucking problem.

YOUR out-of-shape chain-smoking ass goes wandering into their gym and you fucking expect them to bend their style of training to suit your hobbling fucking ass?

Deal with it.

If you demand a softer touch and more a delicate schedule, then go find a place that caters to your needs.

Apparantly EVERYONE ELSE in the gym is fine with the water breaks or deals with it or toughs it out or leaves or has a better fitness level then you or gets their hydration before and after training.....that is except you. The new white belt who managed to waltz in and piss off the two senior members of the gym.

Then sends an "anonymous e-mail" to the head instructor after whining about it on a public forum.

You win the internets. Congrats and enjoy.
    Last edited by Snake Plissken; 2/06/2009 10:31am at . Reason: changed "think

Posted On:
    2/06/2009 9:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I started training, there was this blue belt who would choke the **** out of me every chance he got. He literally guillotined me about 15 times in a row one night because I was doing something wrong. Wouldn't even mention what it was, and he said "I'm doing this to you because everyone did it to me". He was very competitive, probably the most out of the group.

I had two reactions to this guy:

The first was to think he was a jerk and be a big vagina about the whole thing.

The second was to appreciate that only competitive people like this really test you and make you grow.

So I decided to try and learn from the mistakes I was making by trial and error, and a few weeks/months later I had developed some really good neck defense. I even began to anticipate the kind of submissions he would attempt to launch, and one night I got a kimura on him from guard. That was one of my best training experiences - beating that guy who was really mean to me. Over time I earned some grudging respect from that blue belt.

I'm not sure if thats particularly relevant to the topic, but this thread did remind me of that experience.

To be honest, I kind of sympathize with you Romp. I don't like the physical training many classes run. I gravitate towards informal classes where its a few techniques, everyone swaps and rolls with everyone else, then you finish up with wrestling. But my motivations for training were purely for technical ability and not for fitness, health etc.

Personally I can't believe you forked out $500 without trying a few of the classes! Let this simply be a lesson in looking around and being cautious with your money!
    Last edited by Arhetton; 2/06/2009 9:47am at .
    "It has often been said that power corrupts. But it is perhaps equally important to realize that weakness, too, corrupts. Power corrupts the few, while weakness corrupts the many. Hatred, malice, rudeness, intolerance, and suspicion are the faults of weakness." - Eric Hoffer

is badder than you

Posted On:
    2/06/2009 9:34am

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Snake's attempt to kick your dog raised an interesting question. Namely, are your classmates also abiding by this no-water policy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    2/06/2009 9:48am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are an adult. Get up, get your water, take a few sips, go back to training.
    But also make sure you drink plenty during the day so you don't have dehydration issues. I chug a lot of water during the day up until about 1.5 hrs before class, then don't drink any during class.
    But if I DID need to get some drink during class then even the head instructor ordering me not to would be unlikely to stop me if I felt that my health was at issue.

Also, look at it from their point of view for a minute, most people have no idea how to manage their water intake while training. They get hot and thirsty, go chug down a bunch of ice water and jump back on the mats. Next thing you know they are screaming and vomitting everywhere.... Perhaps they have had problems with that in the past?
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast