Sponsored Links Spacer Image

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    2/07/2009 5:13pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is the most retarded thread i have seen in a while, that says a lot considering this is Bullshido.

The OP is a grown ass man, if he wants water, get water. If they say "no", get water anyway. If they say "hey if you keep going for water breaks you can't train here" get your money back and go somewhere else....or abide by their policy.

The best you can do to convince them is to find literatue supporting water breaks and offer it to them. That's it. Such a big deal over something so stupid. I personally think the policy is dumb as ****, but as far as I'm concerned they have the right to run their club as they see it.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    2/07/2009 5:15pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuss
    I think you missed the point when it comes to the anonymous e-mail. That point being that the dude dealt with the asshole blue belt in a way that's highly unlikely to succeed, and then he turns around and deals with the instructor in a way that's highly unlikely to succeed.

I'm on Romp's side here. I want him to be able to keep training BJJ, and to be able to drink water while he does so.

And that's why I told him to talk to the instructor. I did not tell him to fire off an anonymous e-mail, because it's going to hinder his cause, not help it.

Snake getting under Romp's skin isn't going to help matters any, and by the same token, I can't see how "serious business" will either.
    It's a global complaint. I'm venting about the whole place. It's not all, or even mostly, Snake. Mostly I just get frustrated - like this morning, I'm frustrated because I decided that bullshido is such a clusterfuck that I'm embarrassed to point people I know in RL to the good information here.

The last time I did it, everyone jumped howling and screaming on the guy over his military status, demanding to see his discharge papers after he made passing mention of being in the military. The end result? A very good guy and useful member ended up barely posting on this site.

I think about some of the older posts made by some of the now internet famous members of this site - Asia, Omega, Osiris, some of the others that found new schools and new training approaches because of/subsequent to posting on this site - and I have to sincerely wonder, if they found this site today, as newbs, would they have made the same decision, or would they have just decided anything the posters on this forum hated was probably actually a good idea...

It makes me think about the telephone effect and about the intersection of the greater internet fuckwad theory and real life, and if bullshido is turning into something like a teenager's car - you know, he'll yell **** out that car window he'd never say if he was on the sidewalk with the target.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    2/07/2009 5:16pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, all this talk of anonymous letters, talking to the assistants or higher belts is pointless.

Talk to the man whose name is on the damned school. The owner. He makes the decisions, not his employees. Just go up to him, call him, whatever, and say "hi im Mr x and just started training at the school. I'm uncomfortable with the water policy, anyway we can change it? Here i why I cannot follow it, and here is some literature supporting water breaks for athletes."

THAT"S FUCKING IT!!!!!

is badder than you

Posted On:
    2/07/2009 5:21pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LI GUY 1
    go up to him
    I'm going to endorse a face-to-face approach rather than talking over the telephone. It gives things a more personal touch. Just keep your cool and be persuasive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    2/07/2009 5:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LI GUY 1
    Also, all this talk of anonymous letters, talking to the assistants or higher belts is pointless.

Talk to the man whose name is on the damned school. The owner. He makes the decisions, not his employees. Just go up to him, call him, whatever, and say "hi im Mr x and just started training at the school. I'm uncomfortable with the water policy, anyway we can change it? Here i why I cannot follow it, and here is some literature supporting water breaks for athletes."

THAT"S FUCKING IT!!!!!
    Or even "I know some of the guys here are really tough but I'm older and just starting out and I don't think it's safe for me to go the whole time without water - I will try to work up to it, but I don't think I should do it YET.

I think, actually, you raise a good point - the OP has a subconscious issue with the fact that he's not training with the guy whose name is on the school, and that may be part of what's going on.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/07/2009 5:30pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache

I think about some of the older posts made by some of the now internet famous members of this site - Asia, Omega, Osiris, some of the others that found new schools and new training approaches because of/subsequent to posting on this site - and I have to sincerely wonder, if they found this site today, as newbs, would they have made the same decision, or would they have just decided anything the posters on this forum hated was probably actually a good idea...
    You know what is funny? This is what I thought when I first joined. People heckled the newbs, you had to sift through tons of **** to get to good stuff, recommending the place was rough when trying to open people's eyes and I could keep going.

What's funny is I got a pretty good berating, similar to what snake just did, from Aesopian.

The website tone hasn't changed, you have.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    2/07/2009 5:34pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is there a better place to discuss the forum dynamics? PT forum and all...

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/07/2009 5:40pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Naw, JC admits he is irritated I'm saying it looks the same as when I joined. He'll post and it will be done.

Neither of us need an entire shitstorm thread to hash out our differences, just a couple of posts.

Now, I can find you all the old threads if you want to see how a thread like that would turn out?

is badder than you

Posted On:
    2/07/2009 5:44pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If my input's desired, y'all know how to reach me.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    2/07/2009 5:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    You know what is funny? This is what I thought when I first joined. People heckled the newbs, you had to sift through tons of **** to get to good stuff, recommending the place was rough when trying to open people's eyes and I could keep going.

What's funny is I got a pretty good berating, similar to what snake just did, from Aesopian.

The website tone hasn't changed, you have.
    Shock therapy is one thing. I've tried to talk people out of unsound ideas about martial arts in real life, and it makes me understand simon cowell a little better - everybody thinks they can fight, everybody thinks they can sing.

Did aeso call you a "whiny little bitch" for wanting water during a workout, or anything else to do with the internal politics of your school? That's not a "clean out your head and get with the times" berating. This OP's martial thought wasn't being questioned - he already had the Two Sacred Letters in his style field, after all.

And if it's Aeso's example you're holding me too, what exactly has happened to him lately?
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 1112 LastLast