Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/08/2009 4:59am

Style: SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeh, I quit by going cold turkey. That was 5 years ago and I havent touched one since. For me the hardest part was havng a pint and not lighting up, so definitely in the first weeks/months dont drink booze at all. Tea and biscuits helped me loads, making cup of tea and drinking it whilst eating Hob Nobs fulfilled my ritual requirements when the cravings kicked in and kept my hands busy (chocolate is good for this as well). You will eat more, accep that, and because of this you will put on weight. Thats ok.

Finally, if you do lapse, DON'T BUY A PACK, lapse by poncing the cigarette from friends. Repeat, NEVER BUY A PACK. If you buy a pack, you will rationalise smoking it all, and if you ponce enough off your friends, they will get pissed off with you and start refusing you cigarettes. Its a self regulating mechanism!

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    2/08/2009 5:07pm

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The coughing is your lungs trying to clean themselves.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Posted On:
    2/08/2009 5:37pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just don't smoke. It's easy.

Well, it gets progressively easier with time, that is.
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    2/08/2009 6:20pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    here is what worked for me.

open up a small savings account at the bank where you have your checking account. then sign up for online banking.
    every day, before you go to bed, log in and move the amount of money it costs to buy one pack of cigs into the savings account.

do this every single day that you don't have a smoke. if you do have a smoke, then donate half the money in the account to charity, and start over. rinse and repeat until you have gone 2 months without a cig. at that time, buy yourself something that is 100% reward, you earned it.
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2009 6:27pm

Style: Tae Kwon Do, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    CHANTIX......

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2009 3:45pm

Style: Keyboard Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good luck with this. I quit cold turkey in 1999 after having smoked for over ten years. The first two or three days are definitely the worst. I had my reasons to stop and used my stubbornness. You can get support of friends, medical advice if you wish. Your body and lungs begin repairing themselves as soon as you put out a smoke. There is some good advice here. You may want to identify some triggers (e.g. mine were after dinner, coffee in the morning, beer at the pub, certain friends and places) and think about how you will deal with them or replace the activity. Budgeting for cigarettes and saving the $$'s is an excellent idea and provides a tangible reward. If you enjoy some cardio activities (bike, swim, spar, run or treadmill) perhaps you'll find an acceleration in your rate of improvement.

I respectfully submit http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hl-vs/pubs/to...omment-eng.php for your consideration as an information resource.

Posted On:
    2/16/2009 4:47pm

Style: submission grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I quit smoking a long time ago by switching to dipping snuff. Smart huh? I then went cold turkey from the snuff several years later. It is going to suck big time for a couple of days but just tough it out.

Sunflower seeds were a big help for me. You have to get the ones in the shells and shell in you mouth with your teeth. I went through bags of those things. Caffeine helped also.

Trust me it is worth it and I really enjoy the smug feeling I get looking at other tobacco addicts and feeling superior. I will still admit though after no tobacco for 11 years I still get the occasional craving.

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    2/16/2009 8:51pm

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by white_kimbo View Post
    here is what worked for me.

open up a small savings account at the bank where you have your checking account. then sign up for online banking.
    every day, before you go to bed, log in and move the amount of money it costs to buy one pack of cigs into the savings account.

do this every single day that you don't have a smoke. if you do have a smoke, then donate half the money in the account to charity, and start over. rinse and repeat until you have gone 2 months without a cig. at that time, buy yourself something that is 100% reward, you earned it.
    That is a brilliant idea! Both in showing you how much $ is wasted on cigs and rewarding your hard work.

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    2/16/2009 11:29pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks coffefan, i'm actually doing this again with my morning trip to the gas station on my way to work. i've been spending 3 bucks a day on a cup of coffee and breakfast pastry, and it's killing my budget. people don't think about how 15-21 dollars a week adds up so quickly.

i'm now diverting the money into a new computer fund. the computer i have is perfectly fine, but i want one of the nice 24 inch imacs.
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/17/2009 12:17am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Gracie Jiu Jitsu, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    smoke menthols.

lol

after you stop your going to need an oral fixation thats why alot of quitters tend to put on weight.

Everytime you feel like smoking just stop breathig for a few mintues. u Will get the same effect essentially.

I used to snap my dads cigarettes until he was like sigh i should stop now

Robert Downey junior used T3H D34DLY to quit drugs i dont know wich 1 either coke or meth but still because its so internally reliant and driven you should try smthing like that.

try meditating or doign tai chi or sumthing.

Furthermore you need to psychologically tell yourself theyre stupid theyre **** a waste of money a waste of time, and if ur married or have a gf im sure she doesnt like to kiss an ash tray.

I should raelly take my own advice im being a hypocrit now lol but yeah give it a shot.

yo'll never know until you try buddy
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast