Sponsored Links Spacer Image

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    2/05/2009 6:37am

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol, japanese fighters always get violated in the UFC.

I don't know why : /

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/05/2009 6:43am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What more does Dana White have to do to promote the UFC on a global scale? Other than what he has already done?

Dana's built it. Now they have to come. Plain and simple.

Posted On:
    2/05/2009 6:53am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think over the last 12 months it's started to get alot better, The percentage of European fighters in the UFC has certainly gone up and we're now seeing more and more Japanese fighters coming over since the demise of Pride.

The UFC has been promoting itself well in the UK over the last 12 months and we'll certainly be seeing an influx of young fighters making an impact. ( Dan Hardy, James Hathaway, Paul Kelly etc..)

Posted On:
    2/05/2009 7:12am

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by codo3500
    To tell you the truth, we down here in Australia don't have too much talent to offer you's. The sport is growing very rapidly here, but it will take years to filter through any potential champions.

The fact is, most champions train with other champions and former champions, seeing as though we have none down here, that would mean travelling to the USA to 'make it'. But for every Aussie that does make that move, there will be 100 americans of similar skill that already live in the US, most of which close to high quality gyms.
    Was about to make this exact same post, + rep.

Australia contact sport is heavily into Muay Thai and boxing but we are only now really starting to get into Wrestling and BJJ. You ask any one on the street here about wrestling and even most martial artists and they'll tell you about pro-wrestling and hitting people with chairs. In a sport which is so reliant on grappling we really have a long way to come to be able to compete at UFC standard, i mean.. our top mma fighter is a Judo blackbelt we imported.

Unfortunately once it takes off we'll have to crush everyone in it, it's the australian sporting way.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    2/05/2009 7:43am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CHerrera
    What more does Dana White have to do to promote the UFC on a global scale? Other than what he has already done?

Dana's built it. Now they have to come. Plain and simple.
    Word. I'm looking forward to see Filip's response to this. Something tells me it will be .... interesting. :tard:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2009 8:42am

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    bit busy now but here are a few

Less exclusive contracts so they can foreigners can still make some money fighting at their local organisations.
    France has always been a country pioneering with judo and karate in the past history. Maybe promote some fights there... in French...:lookround

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/05/2009 9:01am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Visa requirements
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2009 9:12am

Style: Freestyle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Filip
    I thik there is a lack of foreigners in the UFC.
    Would like to see more people of the world fighting for the world championships.
    A few brazilians here and there, but the fundaments are all Americans. So many of them that the chances are big that good ones, who happen to be american, go for the title shots.
    You might want to look that up.

Silent Guardian

Posted On:
    2/05/2009 9:19am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Gladiators Academy Lafayette, LA Style: Judo, MMA, White Trash JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wrong wrong wrong and guess what else you are wrong.

The UFC has a very diverse group of athletes as well as the NBA, MLB and the NFL. They all have people hailing from many nations and various ethnic backgrounds. What you are failing to forget is that the people who are doing well in the these various sports come from countries that are not or have been isolationist countries like Japan. I am not Japan bashing my wife is 100% Japanese and I love the country.

The result is a group of genetically gifted athletes that are blessed with talents far beyond that of normal humans. The reason countries like India, China, and Japan do not do well is because the genetic pool from which they have to draw from is very shallow. Where are in countries like the US, Canada and even Brazil they have so many different races that have intermingled the genetic pool is very deep.

The elite level of professional sports that you are seeing is just the top of the genetic food chain. Trust me if there was some badasses from an island in the Indian Ocean that stood 3 meters high and weighed 100+kg and could run 100m in 8secs they would be playing professional sports. Someone would go out and find them.

Take also into account that the approach used by top athletes in North America is very scientific and well researched its hard to replicate that type of training without more education. Stcking to traditions and folktales does not make you better.

Ishii is currently traveling the US looking o find a place to train for MMA. If he really wants to make a run at it and represent his country he needs to train at one of the best places for MMA fighters. He should go to Greg Jackson's place. Unlike the other gyms Jackson has a knack for enhanceing fighters and not try to fit them into a mold.
    Judo is only gentle for the guy on top.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2009 9:26am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think I'm going to start using the word "fundaments" in every day conversation to see if wlll become part of the vernacular.

ex, "Oatmeal, yogurt and a glass of orange juice are all fundaments for a good breakfast."

But not to derail. I think it'd be cool for the UFC to have an international casting of TUF sometime, held in Europe or Japan. I would bet the cast would be less... douchebag-ish.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast