Posted On:
    2/06/2009 3:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll join if he's teaching this:

YouTube - Gunkata

But I've got the suspision that what he's teaching will be a lot of bullshit in gi's
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiujitsu77
    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
    The real deadly:

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    2/06/2009 4:10pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love that movie.....

Posted On:
    2/06/2009 5:03pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    God, everything shown in that movie about pistol handling is sooo wrong.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    2/07/2009 10:26am

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Squeeze the trigger gently, straight back, let it surpri...OMFG KIAAAIIIIIII!
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    2/07/2009 1:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Meh. He's just a guy who likes all the Japanese TMA trappings and wants to train with firearms but still bow and wear pajamas. If that's what he wants to do, and he can find enough like-minded people to do it with, I don't see the problem.

I wouldn't want to deal with all the extra stuff that has nothing to do with the actual skills he's trying to teach, personally, but to each his own. I just don't see the point of adding the veneer of "Hojutsu" when he's apparently teaching what he learned from unarmed Japanese martial arts plus Jeff Cooper et al--none of that is what the feudal Japanese would have been learning in pre-19th-century "Hojutsu" training. What he's basically done is take perfectly good training and stick a Japanese name on it for no apparent reason other than the fact that he likes Japanese culture. Even so, if you have an instructor who's teaching what he learned from Cooper, Smith and Awerbuck, plus reasonable stuff from Japanese TMA, you could do a lot worse.

I guess what bothers me a little is the whole air of desperation. "No, really, shooting is a martial art! I even got sober masters of Japanese martial traditions to agree! They called me a soke and everything!" Why do I care whether some soke of some ryu of aikido is willing to bestow the label of "martial art" on my shooting training? One of the things I like best about western approaches to fighting is the widespread attitude that we're learning to fight and we're not going to make a big flowery deal about it.

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    2/07/2009 2:16pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendokan
    I'll join if he's teaching this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tINWl0gzQWI

But I've got the suspision that what he's teaching will be a lot of bullshit in gi's
    handgun chi sau at 1:09, that should be included in the jeffery hall's ma.
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    2/07/2009 6:31pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No weapon kata is complete without using the weapon to pole-vault off the floor and attack via flying kick instead of using the weapon. He needs a handgun-spring kata. And the kata needs lots of high front leg hook kicks.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    2/07/2009 7:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    Meh. He's just a guy who likes all the Japanese TMA trappings and wants to train with firearms but still bow and wear pajamas. If that's what he wants to do, and he can find enough like-minded people to do it with, I don't see the problem.

I wouldn't want to deal with all the extra stuff that has nothing to do with the actual skills he's trying to teach, personally, but to each his own. I just don't see the point of adding the veneer of "Hojutsu" when he's apparently teaching what he learned from unarmed Japanese martial arts plus Jeff Cooper et al--none of that is what the feudal Japanese would have been learning in pre-19th-century "Hojutsu" training. What he's basically done is take perfectly good training and stick a Japanese name on it for no apparent reason other than the fact that he likes Japanese culture. Even so, if you have an instructor who's teaching what he learned from Cooper, Smith and Awerbuck, plus reasonable stuff from Japanese TMA, you could do a lot worse.

I guess what bothers me a little is the whole air of desperation. "No, really, shooting is a martial art! I even got sober masters of Japanese martial traditions to agree! They called me a soke and everything!" Why do I care whether some soke of some ryu of aikido is willing to bestow the label of "martial art" on my shooting training? One of the things I like best about western approaches to fighting is the widespread attitude that we're learning to fight and we're not going to make a big flowery deal about it.
    You said it a lot nicer than I would have.

Basicly that shits retarded. Anyone of like mind is retarded.

Is shooting a MA? Yes and has always been looked on as such even by the Japanese.

Cooper, Applegate, and their many many followers would all agree that firearm training is a MA and that they you will probably get better training going through guys like Suarez or Grover/McCann than you would with this.

Gun Kata = dry fire drills. nuff said.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2009 2:50pm

Style: BJJ, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere

Gun Kata = dry fire drills. nuff said.
    Kinda but dry firing by walking around in a star or square pattern while practicing your belly breathing isn't nearly as effcient as 10 draws with a step to the right.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/09/2009 4:53am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If he can find people who will pay him money for this instruction, more power to him. To me the whole things has managed to put a bad air on both guns and martial arts. I have a few black belts and a few more guns, and I can't remeber the last time I got in a shoot out in a gi.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12