Posted On:
    2/01/2009 5:44pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo, Goju-Ryu, Daito-Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Lyoto Machida Still Not Getting Title Shot

From the LA times:

Also late Saturday, White declined to grant light-heavyweight Lyoto Machida a title shot at Rashad Evans despite his impressive first-round knockout of previously unbeaten Thiago Silva in the final second of the first round.
    White said he'd first have to watch the March fight between former champ Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Keith Jardine to determine who'll get Evans next, and it seems apparent Jackson will by winning in Columbus, Ohio, next month.
    Well he better as hell get whoever wins the next title fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/01/2009 6:11pm

Style: Panda Punch

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is some serious bullshit right there.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    2/01/2009 6:47pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I predict that Machida's title shot will ultimately come in the form of a Battle Royale versus all other fighters in the light-heavyweight division. His bid will end unsuccessfully when, while occupied with fighting both Rampage and Rashad, Dana White sneaks into the Octagon and clubs him from behind with a folding metal chair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/01/2009 6:53pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuss
    I predict that Machida's title shot will ultimately come in the form of a Battle Royale versus all other fighters in the light-heavyweight division. His bid will end unsuccessfully when, while occupied with fighting both Rampage and Rashad, Dana White sneaks into the Octagon and clubs him from behind with a folding metal chair.
    I think you're wrong. What will actually happen is that Machida will open up with a Shinkuu Hadoken to take out most of the fighters. After that, he'll use the Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku to cross the octagon and start a combo on Rampage. Finally, he'll finish Rashad with the Shin Shoryuken for a perfect super-combo finish! To finish off, he'll then destroy some poor suckers car in the parking lot for the UFC's new car damage bonus.

Rowsdower!

Posted On:
    2/01/2009 7:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: On Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fake Macoy
    I think you're wrong. What will actually happen is that Machida will open up with a Shinkuu Hadoken to take out most of the fighters. After that, he'll use the Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku to cross the octagon and start a combo on Rampage. Finally, he'll finish Rashad with the Shin Shoryuken for a perfect super-combo finish! To finish off, he'll then destroy some poor suckers car in the parking lot for the UFC's new car damage bonus.
    After which Machida will have to destroy numerous wooden barrels being tossed at him by Brock Lesnar (also for bonus points).

is badder than you

Posted On:
    2/01/2009 7:05pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fake Macoy
    Street Fighter 2 Super Turbo Deluxe UFC Edition

Featuring Forrest Griffin as Ken and Lyoto Machida as Ryu

(Photoshop, anyone?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/01/2009 7:12pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuss
    Street Fighter 2 Super Turbo Deluxe UFC Edition

Featuring Forrest Griffin as Ken and Lyoto Machida as Ryu

(Photoshop, anyone?)
    Someone should just photoshop every UFC guy into their Street Fighter counterpart. Back to the original topic, I'm not really that surprised that Machida isn't getting a title shot yet. As awesome as that last fight was, he doesn't have the largest fan base. Still, sucks that Rashad will be able to go for a fair length of time without having to defend his title.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/01/2009 7:20pm

Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Earlier today I looked up the word 'bullshit' in the dictionary, and to my surprise all I found was a picture of Dana White and a speech bubble coming out of his mouth stating that Machida was still not likely to get a title shot.

I'm not even really sure why the UFC has belts anymore since their matchmaking is so illogical. If they want to just throw out title shots to charismatic fighters and ignore the one's who slowly work there way up the ranks and earn shots, then they really should just stop kidding themselves, and abolish any sort of title system while just sticking with putting on big main events with popular fighters regardless of how well they have done in recent fights.

Posted On:
    2/01/2009 7:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The guy is 14-0 ffs.

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    2/01/2009 8:07pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!