Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/03/2009 10:54am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ,muaythai,aikido,kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Help with getting in shape

First, I have been back going hardcore Muay Thai classes 2-3 times a week. [I tore my calf and the ligament off my big toe] I do a MMA/Wrestling Radio show so I miss Thursday nights. On Friday and Saturday I do the fitness class which is beatin the hell out of a bag and throw in sit ups, mountain crawlers, pushups and jumpin ropes. Muay Thai is 90 Mins, Fitness is 45. But I go 5 days then 3 days then 5 days a week.

I'm 33 5'11 190 right now

Tuesdays are sparring only and Im noticed myself getting in better shape, I went 8 mins straight, and I figure I might be able to do three rounds now.

I was wondering what is the best way to get in shape. Is it gassers? is it running like 2 miles? Jumpin rope? Basically I wanna be able to look like GSP and go 9 rounds !

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    2/03/2009 11:26am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Check out the book 'Training for Warriors' by Martin Rooney for excellent conditioning advice
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2009 12:03pm

Style: Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    High Intensity Interval Training. For example, Tabata intervals. You need short bouts of high intensity interspersed with short rest or low-work periods to accomplish what it sounds like you're looking to accomplish. I believe this is partly about teaching your body to more efficiently metabolize lactic acid, but I'll not be surprised if that information is wrong or out of date. There's a couple posters who understand these issues far better than I do.

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    2/05/2009 1:42am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So you hit average of 4 classes a week, of which you say are pretty intense. What's the problem here?
    You are not happy with results thus far?
    You have time/energy/ability to do more and just do not know where to start?
    Have you payed equal attention to your diet, sleep, etc? "In Shape" is not limited to workouts.